PDA

View Full Version : ADM street meet

resol
31st August 2009, 12:31 AM
hey guys and gals,

i think its about time we had another meet up, weathers not quite good enough for a bbq yet though. so come down for a chat, a late night kebeb, and for those interested a bit of a drive.

who: all cars invited to come down, antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated

where: bambino's kebabs, ashburton. for those interested in a drive, arrive with a full tank and fresh tyres.

why: come chat, meet other members, and find out who ADM is and what we can do for you.

when: thursday 3rd, meet 9pm onwards, will leave around 10pm (depending on interest etc)

menu:
lamb kebab $6.50 (lot)
wedges $3.50 (inc sour creme)
soft drink $1.5 (coke, sunkist, pepsi, etc)

any queeries just reply/pm me.

see you kids there!

-dan

*E7*
31st August 2009, 08:58 PM
will this be an opportunity for test and tune for Saturday?

resol
31st August 2009, 09:02 PM
will this be an opportunity for test and tune for Saturday?

for those goin on sat, yes. it will be an opportune moment.

-dan

All Drift Modifications
1st September 2009, 09:53 PM
Can I just say that the wedges and lamb kebabs are absolutely scrumptious!

ROLL3R
1st September 2009, 10:02 PM
Wish my Ae71 was ready, i would so be there! I just wouldnt feel right in my missus's 2001 zze corolla hatch.

sprinter666
2nd September 2009, 09:14 AM
lamb kebab with garlic sauce n mayo, yummy, plus cheap drinks and a cruise, good night out for anyone i rkn :)

Intense
3rd September 2009, 03:02 AM
Is this joint on high street

sprinter666
3rd September 2009, 02:30 PM
yeh anyone point me to where this place is? havnt found it :(

choonga
3rd September 2009, 03:24 PM
my 86 isn't finshed.... yet..(totally lost motivation... but lookin for some now)

Might come down in the Zed. Can someone PM me the address of this place?

Guesswho
3rd September 2009, 04:51 PM
risol, am i gonna waste my time by attending this meet, pm me.

ROLL3R
3rd September 2009, 06:17 PM
who's going to this?

Intense
3rd September 2009, 06:51 PM
I'll prolly rock up for kebabs and wedges

ROLL3R
3rd September 2009, 07:13 PM
i might make an appearance in my mates R31 poo-line

Intense
3rd September 2009, 08:15 PM
What's the address, I just looked up on yellow pages and theirs no bambino's kebabs listed there

ROLL3R
3rd September 2009, 08:16 PM
so whats the adderss????

sprinter666
3rd September 2009, 08:59 PM
yessum im lookin for the address to havnt found it

resol
3rd September 2009, 09:20 PM
the meet spot wasn not posted for obvious reasons, not hard to find though.....

im off, got things to do first. see you all there.

-dan

matt99
3rd September 2009, 09:50 PM
People, im not attending, but PM me if you need the location and IF im still online and IF I think you are trustworthy/not a cop ill give you the location. VERY easy to find once I tell you.

If I dont get back to you, it means im offline or working on my car, or your a cop.

choonga
4th September 2009, 01:54 AM
lol.. That's all i have to say..

PLZB-18
4th September 2009, 02:58 AM
wasnt a bad little meet...... till some uninvited people showed up

for some ppl it wouldnt have been such a good night

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 03:12 AM
was not a great night... what did ice cube sing again? hummmm

PLZB-18
4th September 2009, 03:21 AM
fuck the pol..... lol

you'd be shattered.......start hunting for a dodgy rwc joint man

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 03:27 AM
annoyed more than shattered, trav got away with a fkn super charged engine and bucket seat n i cop it all, on the way home my ugly headlight glitch appeared lucky it didnt happen while they asked me to test everything :)

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 03:28 AM
the BWS was shut so picked up a open wine bottle at home so drowning the sorrows this weekend anyone wanna join me lol

Intense
4th September 2009, 03:28 AM
see why i bailed early and why that spots crap

Sprinter86
4th September 2009, 03:30 AM
Was my car there? i was in bed. My friend borrowed it, not sure if he attended.

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 03:32 AM
nath i saw that 360 entry, ur mates got talent bro lol first time i come out i get shat on, fkn love it grrrrrr guna use my gay twitter account to type random shit when im drunk now :#

shift_rook
4th September 2009, 09:10 AM
come to my work for a roady. what did they get you for?

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 10:30 AM
for no horn, non auto handbrake, bald or unroadworthy rear tyres and not displaying p's guna fix it alll today dont know if i need a roadworthy yet so ill let u know

hachirusto
4th September 2009, 10:44 AM
thats not to bad, did you get a yellow sticker and fine?

I got done for the same things awhile back but didnt get a fine or sticker, just got a notice to change it all , they were pretty good about it

PLZB-18
4th September 2009, 01:15 PM
yeah it said on his defect notice that he need a rwc

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 02:54 PM
when i got to vic roads to get to remove the canary with a rwc will they go over the car again?

resol
4th September 2009, 03:11 PM
walk in first and ask them straight up what you need to do. the further out from melbourne you go the slacker the vic roads tend to be...

i dont think you needed a RWC man, just fix it all and take it to vic roads it will be cheaper that way. all they check is whats on the roadworthy. you'll be fine. to be fair everyone got off pretty lightly.

intense: its a great spot, but 2 dozen cars parked up the end of the road, and that truck. things were bound to occur. ooh well next time will be just as much hopefully!

-dan

All Drift Modifications
4th September 2009, 03:55 PM
all you Toyota boys and your crying. Ive probably copped more defect/fines myself than the number handed out last night. Obviously this excludes resol and sprinter86 :P

See you clowns next week.

PS. How slow was that kebab guy.

Otaku
4th September 2009, 05:11 PM
annoyed more than shattered, trav got away with a fkn super charged engine and bucket seat n i cop it all, on the way home my ugly headlight glitch appeared lucky it didnt happen while they asked me to test everything :)

Sorry Josef, but shit happens
When I first started driving I got a similar defect, got a fine, also had to get a full RWC check so it ended up costing me 600 bucks to get my car back on the road, from there on I try to keep my cars as road worthy as possible now.
If your cars un-roadworthy its only a matter of time...

if you didnt get fined then you wont require to get a full RWC check, you will only need to get cleared for what you got defected for.

sprinter666
4th September 2009, 05:45 PM
just got home from the roadworthy joint, went to chris's boss place n had it looked at... mannn the bolt that holds the rear shock was missing scared me shitless, yes as roadworthy as possible i will be doing that maticulously.... very very upset, rather cough up though than have something worse happen later... thats life i guess good times.

julzy
4th September 2009, 06:12 PM
funny night,

the stockest car there gets defected, haha.

ROLL3R
4th September 2009, 06:22 PM
I was one of the first people to get out, there was so much fuzz around it was crazy. People were still hiding out and waiting till 1:30am before they left. Oh and that kebab guy was the slowest kebab maker out there i reckon, wasn't really worth the wait.

willa
4th September 2009, 07:38 PM
how many people were there?

just you dudes off here or other forums as well?

PLZB-18
4th September 2009, 07:39 PM
i think it was ppl off NS.com also???

but most were off here

Sprinter86
4th September 2009, 09:07 PM
anyone know what happened to that guy in the white silvia changing tyres near maccas? we drove past and a cop had just pulled up behind him, the sil was jacked up and everything haha

ROLL3R
4th September 2009, 09:13 PM
The one with the body kit and rear spoiler? That would of sucked balls for the guy.

Sprinter86
4th September 2009, 09:16 PM
maybe yer

wait were you there paul? didnt see ya

resol
4th September 2009, 09:17 PM
i never said the kebabs were the best in melb...i'll give him some more warning next time :P

willa, you'll just have to come and find out next time.

-dan

ROLL3R
4th September 2009, 09:31 PM
i saw you, your entry's were a bit off, couple of 360's in there too. Was speaking to Cal bout it. Sounds like your having some CAM troubles. Hopefully you have them sorted for next time.

willa
5th September 2009, 12:00 PM
i never said the kebabs were the best in melb...i'll give him some more warning next time :P

willa, you'll just have to come and find out next time.

-dan

yeh man should be there pending loweredness

Nic19
5th September 2009, 05:56 PM
i would come but dont want my car defected. would be a kent to clear a defect on it!!!! and cant afford t not have a daily

resol
5th September 2009, 07:04 PM
i would come but dont want my car defected. would be a kent to clear a defect on it!!!! and cant afford t not have a daily

defects are a part of life when you drive a midified car that can be defected. granted sometimes people are asking for it when they put their car in certain positions....

just come in someone elses car next time?

-dan

ROLL3R
5th September 2009, 08:26 PM
Dan, no one knows how the hell you didnt get a defect that night. Whats your secret? haha

DRFTR86
5th September 2009, 09:02 PM
he has exceeded his defect limit and is now invincible

Hokey
5th September 2009, 10:28 PM
dan just likes to offer sexual favours to keep his car on the road ;)

Sprinter86
5th September 2009, 11:00 PM
i saw you, your entry's were a bit off, couple of 360's in there too. Was speaking to Cal bout it. Sounds like your having some CAM troubles. Hopefully you have them sorted for next time.

haha yer it has NO power at all, just lots of torque at a small window of revs. It should be better with a bigger carb i think. I was also running 195's lol, way too big for dry 4ac rolla.

ROLL3R
6th September 2009, 12:24 AM
or does he offer sexual favours to scare the cops away.....?

Nic19
6th September 2009, 07:33 PM
i know defects are a part of having modified cars, but doesnt mean you cant limit your chance of getting one. I have never had a defect cos i dont goto these sort of meets in my car. I cant afford to get one both the time to clear it and the money f-ing around with it all.

PLZB-18
6th September 2009, 07:55 PM
whens the next meet????

All Drift Modifications
6th September 2009, 08:41 PM
whens the next meet????

This coming thursday. Dan and I want to make it a weekly thing. Different meet spot this week. closer for everyone else. Ill chuck up a new thread later this week!

resol
6th September 2009, 09:06 PM
whens the next meet????

keep your ears to the ground. a new thread for the next meet will be put up.

-dan

lovemy86
7th September 2009, 01:10 AM
defects arent that bad. i am sick of them though, i guess thats what happens after 17 of them in 18 months. i'll try to make it this week.

Sam-Q
7th September 2009, 01:15 AM
wow 17, what was the main defect? too low?

ROLL3R
7th September 2009, 02:10 AM
ya get that when you take out the springs !!

lovemy86
7th September 2009, 02:38 PM
it was always too low, bald tyres and just pissy little crap. yes when i didn't have springs in was the best one, the cop said "you can't drive like that its so dangerous" and i said, "its not dangerous, i've been doing pizza deliveries for the last 6 hours like this and its been fine". she was one angry lady.
i never got done for stuff that i see as an actual problem, at one point i had a really bad oil leak and my whole motor and etractors were covered in the black gold, the cops looked at it and said nothing at all!

ae86
7th September 2009, 04:43 PM
reminds me of my old guards that were broken and in pieces by japlands foolish attempt to bog up they look right past my brown rusted guards and say, these tyres arnt roadworthy... i was quite puzzled