PDA

View Full Version : rate/suggest changes for my website:

Sam-Q
1st September 2009, 09:53 AM
it looks like I finally managed to get enough done to my site to put it online:

s-86.com

I don't want praise but what I could use is some input on what I could add to make it better. Mostly what technical articles people would want to see. Less so anything to make it look more presentable, function over form for me.

This site apart from showing the parts and services I offer as a legit buisness is meant to be like a helpfull reference for the rwd community.

Apart from some of the more detailed stuff I plan on having some real basic crap that caters for the guys that do begginer searches on the forums, instead of blasting them and saying do a search we can get send them to my site with the answers. For example the classic: "can I put a 4age head on my 4ac".

I appologise in advance for the some of the articles being either not quite right or limited (hopefully not outright wrong) I did the best I could with what I think I know. Corrections are welcome but must be proven, I want everything on here to be as accurate as possible.

Also many articles are not yet online, its going to take quite a while before they are as it takes so long to get anything done.

-sam

Gunner
1st September 2009, 10:55 AM
I think more on the wiring side of the 20v conv. would be very beneficial, particulary, alternator wiring, and making your circuit opening relay. As these are most likely the most difficult part of the conversion for someone new to conversions.

also step by step conv. guides for the more common of conversions, would be good a there is no true how to guides about.

if u need a hand with anything, i'm more than happy to help

Zach
1st September 2009, 11:00 AM
I think more step by step.
but otherwise good website man!

Sam-Q
2nd September 2009, 12:30 AM
thanks for the feedback guys

alternator wiring I can relearn and show details for so thats an option. Which relay do you call the circuit opening relay? the main ecu one? I sadly am not the best with auto electrics despite my former job

the step by step conversion thing is a great idea, the closest I got was with my lock spacer article which I need to put back on if I havent. I do need to convert my ke70 to A series spec in due time, a full guide for that one including heaps of pics and using my parts would be good I think. Plenty of need for that.

Gunner
2nd September 2009, 10:27 AM
lol im not too good with auto elec work either, as for the circuit opening relay, the one, or sometimes 2 that power it all up, comp, ignition etc etc. I have seem some very poorly designed set ups lol.

Sam-Q
2nd September 2009, 10:31 AM
oh ok, well I could look at the stock set up and then deduce which wires people would use on the body to work off to hook it up. Thanks for the tip I will look into it.

I also had an idea for another service I can offer, 16 to 20V or vice versa flange plate drilling

Gunner
2nd September 2009, 01:07 PM
do you have the tooling to make up flanges?

Robo86
2nd September 2009, 02:34 PM
nice job man :)

ke_70
2nd September 2009, 07:19 PM
good work man! you've covered 20vs very good will be very useful in due time

bigm
2nd September 2009, 09:37 PM
Looks good mate
good reading on there

one thing, i think the website would look a little bit better with a more simple background that spans the whole page (not tiled across). if you wanted to include a picture of the car maybe up the top with the picture/logo

but looks good and i look forward to reading further articles

Sam-Q
2nd September 2009, 09:53 PM
Gunner, not right now no howevere its funny you mention that because I was going to get a quote for getting some 4age flanges cut that are compatable with both 16 and 20V engines. I need to get some other plates cut for my exhaust side alternator brackets anyway so I will just add it if its worthwhile.

ke 70: will be even more usefull once I actually have all the articles up. I wonder how long before I get a troll saying how full of shit I am.

bigm: you must have a higher resolution screen than mine, I just used that because it was meant to just fill in the white, I am not really a creative person in the art like sense and I could really use some input in this area. The other other idea I had was a light grey, see what I mean?

In other news guys my custom 4age compatable clutch lines have turned up and look awesome and also I have thought of a way to pottentially make an adjustable cam gear out of a fully functioning VVT gear on a 20V.

bigm
3rd September 2009, 11:42 AM
Yes i see where your coming from.
What program are you using to make the site?

as for layout maybe a fixed banner could be more useful? so that the buttons and picture stay at the top of the screen and you could scrowl down through the article/webpage..

as for colour i do like the simple grey with a texuted background. something along this colour sceme would be nice and effective i belive, but thats just me
have a look at this link to see what i mean
http://superglory.com.au/forums/index.php?

ill draw a pic later, probably not a clear explanation

Sam-Q
3rd September 2009, 11:54 AM
I am using NVU, it has lots of table options which is what I want. I have thought about what you suggest, and I when makingmy site decided that it wouldnt be worth the effort for me. I am not very good at this sort of stuff so I thought I would keep it basic. I also did it this way so I would know that it would look the same on all systems because if I include any more advanced features I might have problems like with the stupid internet explorer not using standard code.

I will try a grey for the background

a pic would be good thanks