PDA

View Full Version : Howd you come about your cars?

Husar
10th January 2009, 01:44 AM
Hey there,
I was wondering how you guys came about to own your cars? and when you first saw them.
Since im trying to get my hands on a stock trueno, but no dice here in aus... so i will eventually have to find an importer to find one for me.

To start off, i saw the ae86 for the first time when i was watching SBS when they were showing the aussie drift championship, and i saw Mr Fines ae86, and i really liked its looks, so then i researched it and once i saw the trueno version on the net, i just cant get it outta my head. Now is the hard job of finding one.

n00bvak
10th January 2009, 08:20 AM
my 86 cherry was popped by 2 of my mates, they had ADM 86, since about 2001 or something. So they had no problems getting them then :P

I went ke coz to hard too expensive for a 86 now and that was 2 years ago. one of my other mates just bagged a jdm leven with perl paint and crappy 4a-e with imaculate interior and very little rust for 1200.

Its all right time right place now. Oh and to import one in now would cost a fortune with the exchange rate, good luck with that.

doony
10th January 2009, 09:44 AM
found my t18 in the quokka
found my cressida in the quokka. needed a boring reliable daily ( not so much reliable, but fuck its boring to drive)
and as i was washing it at "CARS U WASH" there was this baby blue ke70 with a for sale sign on it.

so thought id give it a call, and tada.

h1_roll4
10th January 2009, 09:59 AM
e7 sedan: made my ex gf buy it as her car, she drove it til it died then she gave it to me for free.
e7 panno: quokka.
e7 panno: got it of dooooooooony, and for some reason its still going.
rt40: was in a carpark with a sign for $500 on it

Wally
10th January 2009, 11:24 AM
Saw the first one owned buy a guy I knew back in 2004
He chucked a GZE in it.
It was the first time I had recognised a "Sprinter". don't recall seeing one before that.
Anyways, after seeing that I was looking for 6 months for one, got a Turbo 86.

Sold that under 12months later. Was a sad day.

Bought a Subaru (shit move). Sold that 12months later. As soon as i bought the liberty I needed an 86. I got my Trueno before I sold my Subaru! :)

Matt-AE86
10th January 2009, 11:31 AM
Phirom found me my first one.

My current one once was worked on by a friend of mine, Adsport, when he had a workshop. A few weeks/month's prior to me buying it he was told it was for sale. I crashed my previous car, and then had this a few days later, rebuilt the 1st car into the 2nd in almost 1 day :)

ae86hachiroku
10th January 2009, 12:31 PM
My dad brought it home one day many many years ago, I said "What is this piece of shit"

john84ie
10th January 2009, 12:44 PM
bough my first one at 17,had allways wanted a ae86.was young and didnt give a fuck.so absolutly wrecked everywhere i went for the first few months leavin black marks everywhere!on no 5 so far,nothing like them!!

Shahzan
11th January 2009, 02:03 AM
a dealer help me find it... always wanted an 86...

Mickey H
11th January 2009, 03:12 AM
Been looking for one for awhile, Knew a bloke through a suzuki forum, traded parts with him etc, he had a sprinter which has been sitting in his garage since 04 with a gze in it. He lost interest so i got it off him, I'm the third owner, shes only done 160,000km and in good condition apart from the rust. Hope to have it on the road by march.

vivioman
11th January 2009, 10:21 AM
I bought my trueno off a member in the forums. It's stock except for the watanabe wheels and the new headunit I just put in...so stock in fact the car comes with a 1.5L 3A-U engine and auto! :)

I'll prob do a 4AGE and manual conversion when I have more time, for now I am just enjoying cruising in it and getting the stares :)

Any recommendations who in WA could do a 4AGE/manual gearbox conversion?

H8CHIR6KU
11th January 2009, 10:26 AM
i bought my first one from my ex-girlfriends friend. he was going back to thailand.

nik helped me out with my second one. his friend needed to get rid of it so i helped him by taking it off his hands.

and then the third one i am still waiting for but shouldn't be long. this one is coming from ben. he already started doing what he needs to do to it. hopefully have it by the end of this month.

but as far as what got me into 86's... well it all started with my swift gti. nice revving 4cyl na motor. only thing missing was rwd. so the 86 was definitely gonna be my next car after the swift. na ftw foool

LevinD1
11th January 2009, 11:47 AM
found her in the quokka...

fixeruperer
11th January 2009, 12:04 PM
i first wanted one about 10years ago and couldnt find one so i bought an ae82 instead then 5 years after that i found an ae86 and bought it at night time hehe what a piece of shit hey and thats the only 86 ive ever owned had it for about 6-7 years and it was in the quokka

narchi
12th January 2009, 12:00 AM
my mate brought one when i was in high school and i gave him crap coz i had a STi. But he took me out drifting and that got me hooked on the sport. so i then got a silvia and took it to Splitsecond where i met Jason and awesome 86. Then all i kinda wanted was an 86 after that.

Searched on carsales and forums for about 7 months before i found the one i wanted and happy i brought it. now i see why no matter how much crap i gave my mate he never cared. Coz the 86 has a totally different level of respect that only fans and owners understand.

Beserker99
12th January 2009, 09:38 AM
Mine came out of a cereal box as the prize. I was eating tofu cereal :P

Husar
13th January 2009, 01:27 PM
mine came out of a cereal box as the prize. I was eating tofu cereal :p

lol, :DD

RolandGTV85
14th January 2009, 03:49 PM
my mate brought one when i was in high school and i gave him crap coz i had a STi. But he took me out drifting and that got me hooked on the sport. so i then got a silvia and took it to Splitsecond where i met Jason and awesome 86. Then all i kinda wanted was an 86 after that.

Searched on carsales and forums for about 7 months before i found the one i wanted and happy i brought it. now i see why no matter how much crap i gave my mate he never cared. Coz the 86 has a totally different level of respect that only fans and owners understand.

Agreed agreed =P

What ever happened to Jason? havent seen him in ages. His car was the bomb! such a beast, he took me for a spin one day and was drifting the back streets, we were on the worng side of the road and we couldnt even see around the corner and I asked him what happens if a car comes towards us that we cant see? He laughed and said he hadnt thought that far ahead! Scary hahaha

RolandGTV85
14th January 2009, 03:59 PM
Found my first sprinter at A1 toyota wreckers, (i know the boys there) mint untouched with min rust. All i really knew at that time was they were good cars.....thats it, never heard of inital D or that the JDM had the twincam etc. Called my mate and he said he heard good stuff bout them. wanted a hobby car so i bought it. Sold it 12-15 months later after doing a redtop conversion etc, and missed it straight away so imported my JDM Levin 3 months later. Then picked up a 3a auto JDM Trueno of some old guy, abosolutly Mint. Had big plans for it but had to sell as I couldnt store 3 cars due to moving house. Still driving and loving my JDM 1985 GTV Levin.

marvis
14th January 2009, 07:34 PM
Got sick of very second eleven-teen year old owning a KE70, Wanted to keep it 80's and Toyota with IRS.

fly ryder
14th January 2009, 08:42 PM
quokka ftw i rekon, found a few cars in ther and went and looked but for some reason the 86 just standed out so i brought the sucker

Saikou
15th January 2009, 02:13 PM
Gran Tursimo xD friend whooped me with in my skyline. i was like wtf corolla kicked my ass. So i google it and loved it. didn't know it existed in australia. ever since i got my licence i've been looking for one, and found it and got it transported from S.A.
I love it.

tougekid
22nd January 2009, 11:57 PM
yeh im in the market for a trueno aswell.
cant seem to find much in perthh..or maybee im searchin in the wrong places?
ive heard kyp sells/imports ae86s?is that true?

TULL86
27th January 2009, 06:29 PM
yeh im in the market for a trueno aswell.
cant seem to find much in perthh..or maybee im searchin in the wrong places?
ive heard kyp sells/imports ae86s?is that true?

Yeah kyp are great i just bought my trueno from them. Not sure if they have any for sale at the moment but they are good guys to speak to and they may know of cars for sale.

Dazzla86
29th January 2009, 12:18 PM
got mine outta the quokka in 03 when i was 17 for $2800. Knocked $100 off cos it had a bald right rear tire and a slipping clutch, he was no burout master- just a clutch burner.........

Nikkojoe
29th January 2009, 12:43 PM
you still got the 4ac? :P

Dazzla86
30th January 2009, 02:20 AM
na man gze rb30/20 turbo,550 injectors, w58, 220@ the wheels at 14psi....:))

cleb
11th March 2009, 11:06 PM
bought it off that guy^^^ lol