PDA

View Full Version : Nana's AE71 - 20V 4AGE Inside

LukeAE71
3rd September 2009, 04:50 PM
Well, long time listener, first time poster. I have a full build thread on this on Rollaclub.com under the same username but I guess I should start one on here.

Not many pics for now, as I have to dig out my camera that has all of them on there from the build.

This is an Adelaide based car.

So, it started out nearly two years ago when I bought this car as a stock standard, auto, 4AC equipped beast. It had a few lady owners before going to a mate of mine who sold it in favour of his Sprinter.

I left it sitting for most of the first year, saving money and buying parts for a CA18DET conversion. I then decided to scrap that idea and drive it stock daily for a while. It lasted about 2 months before it blew the head gaskket and died a horrible death.

I decided at that time to change to 4AGE power, and since 16V 4AGE's are become like assholes (everyone has one) I decided to go different and do a 20V.

Anyway enough dribble, here is some pics and also some specs. It should be noted I did everything on this car except for the wiring of the motor and making the exhaust.

This is a very different style of xE7x however I wanted it to be different. Some will like, some will not. But I go by the statement "built by me, for me"

How it started out, a very clean AE71

LukeAE71
3rd September 2009, 04:56 PM
Some random progress pics

LukeAE71
3rd September 2009, 05:03 PM
And finished pics

I realise that is probably the quickest build thread ever, three posts. This is because I have already done the conversion and car has been on the road nearly three months. I will add some more progress pics etc once I locate the camera. I took lots of pics throughout the build

kiahn
3rd September 2009, 05:36 PM
YAY you finally putting a thread up on here, seen this thing on rollaclub and was really impressed witht the work thats gone into this thing,

this would have to be one of my favourite nanna spec *E7*'s on the road

joeschmo_57
3rd September 2009, 06:57 PM
hey

nice stuff. i dig it.

what are the plans for the suspension?

i spied with my little eye an a/c system. was it a pain to get done?

joe

KKUSTOM
3rd September 2009, 07:43 PM
this car is the mad note man.. i have seen it at a meet one time..nice job with the dash...lol copy cat..lol

Paul
3rd September 2009, 07:49 PM
i wants your dash cluster :)

AE71briskev
3rd September 2009, 07:59 PM
so do i fuck that is the cleanest dash i have ever seen

R&D Mechanical
3rd September 2009, 10:04 PM
seen this go past eddies house alot (red pano wagon)

sounds hot always turns our heads when we are working on the cars

looks good nice job!

squish_m8
4th September 2009, 06:49 PM
last time i saw this in person it was still auto. looks like you've done a lot since then!

very clean car!

shuvke70
4th September 2009, 11:34 PM
since this at buddyparts

mint sleeper. i would never look at it and think it was 90kws at the treads

LukeAE71
5th September 2009, 01:01 PM
hey

what are the plans for the suspension?

i spied with my little eye an a/c system. was it a pain to get done?

joe

Thanks Joe, at the moment it is just running stiffer springs (6kg F, 4.5kg R) with standard strut inserts. I plan on upgrading the brakes and suspension soon but not sure what with. I want to only do it once so...

As for the A/C, sadly not working just yet. I left everything for it in the car as it worked fine prior. I have to modify the mount a little for the compressor, but plan to have this working prior to Summer

LukeAE71
5th September 2009, 01:02 PM
i wants your dash cluster :)

You can have the same dash cluster, just remove the pee stained coloured plastic from the front of yours, and voila much easier to see :P

That is what I did anyway :))

KKUSTOM
6th September 2009, 12:08 PM
^^^^ mmm..... u mean thats what i did lol

u heading out to the cruise?

LukeAE71
16th September 2009, 03:44 PM
^^^^ mmm..... u mean thats what i did lol

u heading out to the cruise?

Yeah I'll be heading to the cruise this weekend