PDA

View Full Version : na 4age drifting on 15s

redsprinter
3rd September 2009, 04:53 PM
hey guys .

getting my car back pretty soon ... got my licence back and now being on the new stupid p-plate laws means that i cant drive my 4agte sprinter ... anyways in the next week or so .. it will a na 4age .

just wondering if anybody has drifted on 15inch rims ... ive done it in my sprinter when it was turbo'ed but how hard will i need to work the car to get it spinning on a smallport 4age???

more speed and balls .... me thinks:DD

????

hachi_dk
3rd September 2009, 05:58 PM
ive drifted in a 20v NA with 16's with 3.3 diff gears.
wasn't that hard.
give it a go and tell us how it goes with the 15's

thu187
3rd September 2009, 06:30 PM
Was your 4agte a gze turbo or did you start with an n/a smallport?

corknose
3rd September 2009, 06:36 PM
i though if u had your licence before the law u could keep the car!

cable tie
3rd September 2009, 07:05 PM
i slide my na big port on 15's all day every day no issuse i think max front grip is the key other wise under steer+.....

if u struggle just pic up few second hand low grip rubbes prac on some and leave the other out to dry out for few weeks and you'll be away no worries :D

cable tie
3rd September 2009, 07:07 PM
i slide my na big port on 15's all day every day no issuse i think max front grip is the key other wise under steer+.....

if u struggle just pic up few second hand low grip rubbes prac on some and leave the other out to dry out for few weeks and you'll be away no worries :D

blair
3rd September 2009, 07:11 PM
i though if u had your licence before the law u could keep the car!

fairly sure it will be the same as it is here in QLD.

if you lose it while on your P's but you had your P's before the new laws,

when you get it back again you count as if you only just got your P's i.e all/most of the restrictions/curfues now apply.

OP: "more speed and balls" - spot on!

ke55pig
3rd September 2009, 08:03 PM
im new to drift but as such would it not be the same as driving on some 13 or 14 ??

trikzlane
3rd September 2009, 08:15 PM
im new to drift but as such would it not be the same as driving on some 13 or 14 ??

the smaller the wheel radius the easier to spin, ie putting 17' on a ke70 stock would NEVER HAPPEN!!!

i have 15' on my ke70 with a board out 4k and it slides in the dry alright

ke55pig
3rd September 2009, 08:20 PM
yea but rolling diameter of 13 14 15 are all pretty much the same so he should be fine ill be drifting my 4k on 13 14 15 i have all 3 sizes to use ill c what i find best

Konakid
3rd September 2009, 09:28 PM
just run 195/50 china performance tyres like nankkangs or nexen or something thats slippery and doesnt delam and is cheap

Dave
3rd September 2009, 09:37 PM
u should be fine unless you're running 20" chromies.. now thats a different story

Delazy
3rd September 2009, 10:05 PM
just run 195/50 china performance tyres like nankkangs or nexen or something thats slippery and doesnt delam.
:thumbup::thumbup:

Rip it
3rd September 2009, 10:57 PM

The above is so true!! And if your diff isn't locked be very very careful of the "Single Spinner Of DEATH"
But yes, my bigport 71 turns the 15's fine.

evil86
3rd September 2009, 11:30 PM
indeed, please tell me how it goes john... when ye car ready? me wants mine to get fixed too

hachi_dk
4th September 2009, 12:48 AM
The above is so true!! And if your diff isn't locked be very very careful of the "Single Spinner Of DEATH"
But yes, my bigport 71 turns the 15's fine.

the single spinner is a swine of a creation!

redsprinter
4th September 2009, 05:13 PM
thanks all, about the licence thing .. i should of been more accurate.. dissqualified .. so i now fall under the new laws ... blah blah blah ...

to thu187 - no my 4agte is a 4agze bigport, now collecting dust in my garage until i get my fulls. i have put in a fresh smallport.

to Konakid- will look into the price of new nangkang (forgot about them).. sick of of running random 2nd hand tyres....

thanks all for the replies .. will reply back once motor is run in and im back on the track .

evil86 - call me biatch .. stop hiding in the bat cave.

bams_keto
4th September 2009, 10:47 PM
15's r do able.
just run baldish tryes lol