PDA

View Full Version : E series diff into KE70

Ella
10th September 2009, 03:14 AM
hi guys,

my poor U series in the DX is making terminal noises.

i have a E series diff here i wish to have some mounts welded on to it.

i also have a buggered borgie to steal the mounts off.

can someone recommend me a person/business to do it on the northside of brisbane?

prefer someone with a jig who's done it before.

cheers.

Ella.

LittleRedSpirit
10th September 2009, 10:04 AM
Dude, use F series.

If you wanted an lsd its your best option. You can use diff centres from an ma61 or lexus altezza, but theres dick all out there for E sries, unless your happy with a spool or locker in it.

Theres already a guy selling an E series modded to suit a sprinter/ke, and its going cheap, like 500 shipped or something and its got 4.3 gears.

Does it have a K motor still? You must have big plans if you want an 8 inch diff.

Ella
10th September 2009, 10:24 AM
hi matt.

i want to use it because i have it sitting around here as surplus.

and yes once its painted i do have plans to build something decent for it.

i want to build it once then not even have to look under the rear end to do anything other than change tyres. Diffs seem to be my biggest casualty, never owned a corolla without diff problems.

what F series diffs have about the right width?

LittleRedSpirit
10th September 2009, 10:38 AM
Have you ever done any maintenance on the diffs youve bought?

My stock diffs lasted fine, i just wanted and LSD so I got an AE86 T series.

Once you have power, you will want to spin both wheels. An E series wont really allow this with an lsd.

If you have it sitting there, thats not always the best reason to use it.

There are a few mainly 70s toyotas that have narrow F series, just get hunting.

Ella
10th September 2009, 11:18 AM
Lol yes i have, everything from adjusting lash to the correct oil, new bearings blah blah blah.

the only thing that makes borgies last a decent amount of time is the welder job. weak as piss spider gears.

my U series is making the same terminal noises a borgy does before it spits a spider gear.

What i plan on doing will make mince meat of T/S series diffs.

how tough is the F series as compared to E? ill go find one if you can tell me what sort of car i should be looking under, perhaps tarago or the likes? i just dont have the time to wrecker shop and look at every car at the moment (oh how i wish i did.)

happy to run a spooled E series if its far tougher than a F but if this F series diff is a good thing then perhaps ill find one.

Ella
10th September 2009, 11:26 AM
hrm doing a little more digging up of info (at least i have hours on a computer lol.) seems this is indeed a good choice. might send the E series off to the big wrecker in the sky. sick of tripping over the fucking thing anyways.

dr1ft-pig
15th September 2009, 12:46 PM
the E diffs are crap.... smaller axles than a big axle T series

F has a bigger CW&P than E series and HUGE axles

you will find a F series under a EFI MODEL (non efi are E series) YR22 TORAGO
theese are about 20mm per side wider than a s or t series which makes for a nice amount of track increase

hope i helped

Ella
15th September 2009, 03:06 PM
yeah you have thanks man, spent a bit of time with a tape measure under a few cars the other day so i know what i want now, just need to get one and get my arse into gear chopping off mounts and find me someone to weld the mounts on...

which brings me to my original question, who can do the whole cutting/welding diff thing, prefer they had a jig or would build one.

20 mm matches my front track increase too :) but my wheels are already sitting flush-ish with my guards, time for terry spec flares i think haha.

Ae86sam
18th September 2009, 11:18 AM
I've got an e-series in mine and its been pretty good.. I broke an axle the other day though.. :(

If anyone has an Eseries lemme know cause i want an axel and centre.. :)

Ella
24th September 2009, 04:53 PM
sam you can have my whole e series diff for 75 bucks if you want it? Its complete except for brakes. You have to take the whole thing tho.
Pm me if you want it mate. I can deliver around the brisbane area...