PDA

View Full Version : I wont sleep tonight

Eircamae86
10th January 2009, 11:24 PM
Even the idea of a datsun engine in em...
Wouldnt be a fan of this kind of thing, but I have recently dabled with "The Dark Side",,, so I am tarnished....
The car was built in Cyprus by C.Christou Racing, not only they swapped an RB26 in a Corolla, but an s14 rear subframe and used a 5 speed gearbox. They didn't cut the floor but they had to extend the front and added an R34 front end too

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3559.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3560.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3561.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3562.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3563.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3564.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/8/5/3565.jpg

Vance
10th January 2009, 11:54 PM
? what a waste of time and 2 good cars

Eircamae86
10th January 2009, 11:56 PM
? what a waste of time and 2 good cars

Well 1 anyway :D

slydar
11th January 2009, 12:14 AM
i just have no idea how someone comes to the conclusion thats a good idea.

could have put the motor in an s13/14 and hard a weapon.. now..

steroidchickens
11th January 2009, 12:23 AM
yuk. even with my beer goggles on that looks terrible

green_boy_91
11th January 2009, 12:25 AM
WTF is that, that is a descrace and it looks fukin stupid!

green_boy_91
11th January 2009, 12:26 AM
lol ^^^ (steroidchickens)

shichi~
11th January 2009, 12:27 AM
pointless crap WHY! would you do that just buy a fuckin r34

marvis
11th January 2009, 12:28 AM
That's not American?

Who else would do dumb shit like that?

LittleRedSpirit
11th January 2009, 12:40 AM
Im gonna hurl.

Only rwd skyline that goes round corners on earth.

Eircamae86
11th January 2009, 12:57 AM
Look how far forward the engine is, how the fcuk is he going to get that power to the ground? best burnout car in all of Cyprus id say

johl
11th January 2009, 02:17 AM
that is terrible. i would never ever think of doing it but if i had to i would clearly use dr30 or even r31 front end to keep it some what period correct. may aswell chuck a del sol crx front end on it

rthy
11th January 2009, 02:30 AM
Toyota Skyline R86

h1_roll4
11th January 2009, 03:41 AM
uhhh i think its kinda cool

n00bvak
11th January 2009, 09:06 AM
props for effort, thats a lot of engineering to get those components to fit and work together in an 86.

I say good on them, pushing the limits. and I think it actually looks pretty good, 34 lights fit well and the bar makes the coupe look hell aggressive. And why not, people have been putting nissan bits in 86 to for more power, better handling and the like, why not push the envelope a bit more.

All you "purists" who still put FC brakes on your cars, or a hilux diff, supra GB and god forbid shocks all round but cry when someone puts nissan stuff in, you are all very special in the mind.

As far as im concerned all you have all bastardised your cars to make them well different from looking/running in stock form... and why, to make them look/perform better. Thats the whole point, if someone didn't try and push the envelope of the 86 we wouldn't have some of the awesome cars, like beau's 3s, or some of those crazy 20v.

Think about it, if no one wanted to make there car better than it was stock we wouldn't need a site for 86's would we? Its not like it is an 86 with +40 offset chromies and a gt-wing rice crap, its a lot of hours of work to make something that may actually run alright!

So how about you stop acting like 12yo keyboard jockeys and show some appreciation for a shitload of effort

... and to add insult to injury I think a non-kitted leven looks like ass and looks very close to those ugly ass twinky corollas, go suck on that!

/rant ... that feels better!

Wally
11th January 2009, 09:39 AM
Engine looks nice, but should have left it in a Skyline.

Skremn
11th January 2009, 10:30 AM
i agree with noobvak.. could have put it better myself

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 11:37 AM
i like it

anastasios
11th January 2009, 11:47 AM
yea i dont mind it either, its good to see the greeks doin something with 86s lol

8ball
11th January 2009, 11:48 AM
"PERIOD CORRECT" does that mean you get your monthlies on the right day, i have to agree with noobvac, the fact is there was another sprinter being built by our irish brothers and they were doing the nissan irs deal so why don`t you all get the fuck over it. I was wondering if you all remember that some 86s on this forum have been mongrelised with dirty Nissan motors and worse still with rotary engines, not only that but some of you insist on drifting a car which commands as much respect and awe as the ae86 does into walls and sometimes other cars and i don`t hear anyone criticising those individuals concerned. A persons car is their own property, if they want to modify it a certain way that is their perogative, some of the cars on here are absolute PIECES OF SHIT the owners of these vehicles have no right to criticise anyone elses efforts.

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 11:49 AM
it could be because my toyota is full of nissan parts..... which is what makes it a good car ;)

anastasios
11th January 2009, 11:52 AM
my brothers 70 is natural sr, at least we wont be changing gearboxes every month, and he can always go turbo to get even more power outa it

slydar
11th January 2009, 12:58 PM
props for effort, thats a lot of engineering to get those components to fit and work together in an 86.

I say good on them, pushing the limits. and I think it actually looks pretty good, 34 lights fit well and the bar makes the coupe look hell aggressive. And why not, people have been putting nissan bits in 86 to for more power, better handling and the like, why not push the envelope a bit more.

All you "purists" who still put FC brakes on your cars, or a hilux diff, supra GB and god forbid shocks all round but cry when someone puts nissan stuff in, you are all very special in the mind.

As far as im concerned all you have all bastardised your cars to make them well different from looking/running in stock form... and why, to make them look/perform better. Thats the whole point, if someone didn't try and push the envelope of the 86 we wouldn't have some of the awesome cars, like beau's 3s, or some of those crazy 20v.

Think about it, if no one wanted to make there car better than it was stock we wouldn't need a site for 86's would we? Its not like it is an 86 with +40 offset chromies and a gt-wing rice crap, its a lot of hours of work to make something that may actually run alright!

So how about you stop acting like 12yo keyboard jockeys and show some appreciation for a shitload of effort

... and to add insult to injury I think a non-kitted leven looks like ass and looks very close to those ugly ass twinky corollas, go suck on that!

/rant ... that feels better!

"PERIOD CORRECT" does that mean you get your monthlies on the right day, i have to agree with noobvac, the fact is there was another sprinter being built by our irish brothers and they were doing the nissan irs deal so why don`t you all get the fuck over it. I was wondering if you all remember that some 86s on this forum have been mongrelised with dirty Nissan motors and worse still with rotary engines, not only that but some of you insist on drifting a car which commands as much respect and awe as the ae86 does into walls and sometimes other cars and i don`t hear anyone criticising those individuals concerned. A persons car is their own property, if they want to modify it a certain way that is their perogative, some of the cars on here are absolute PIECES OF SHIT the owners of these vehicles have no right to criticise anyone elses efforts.

you have both missed the point though. i cant see anyone here saying "na 4age 4 life!" everyones just saying its ugly, and probably a pretty bad choice of engine.

an sr is fine. a rotor is fine. a v8 pushed back through the firewall is fine. 4 piston calipers are fine (theyre all made by sumitomo anyway) any diff that works is fine if it suits your needs.

but theres no way an I6 is gonna work too good, especially mounted the way that one is. possibly as a drag car with a well set up 4 link to get some weight transfer happening, but it doesnt seem like thats what this car is for, especially considering its running irs too.

its is fairly easy to see, just by looking, that there is a lot of weight forward of the front axle line, and the car just isnt going to handle particularly well like that. theres no guess work involved here. 3 or so years ago an Ipswich backyarder built an rb25 powered 86. fast in a straight line, horrible to drive otherwise, from first hand reports of mates whove drive the car.

ever rb powered silvias are said to handle not quite as well as the normal ca, sr cars. this 86 has to be a lot worse.

if you nail it, then yeah, do something different. there are lots of combinations people havent tried that could work, but i dont think this one will work too well. especially considering the cost of an RB26.. if you have those sorts of $$ at your disposal, you should be able to build a really nice car.

LittleRedSpirit
11th January 2009, 01:35 PM

Sounds like you're about two days before becoming 'period correct'.

Thanks for the lecture toss-pot. We all have opinions, I guess you just like to disrespect other peoples opinions while you scream your own. Thanks heaps for that.

Tosser.

skaney
11th January 2009, 01:38 PM
My problem is with that front bar.. that is purely bad taste doesn't even line up remotely close

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 03:07 PM
slydar: valid points there, however on the other end of the eqation lots of people go on about how a I6 doesnt work in an S series nissan chassis....and that they should stick to ther CA and SR plants. when the reality is you'd be hard pressed to pick the difference in the real world and on the track, I'd driven quite a few RB powered s13's and with the correct susp tuning to suit, they feel simply awesome to drive.

so yes, its far from idea;. but thats not to say it wouldnt work.

slydar
11th January 2009, 03:48 PM
yeah fair enough, ive never driven one, was just an example, and not really the best one. but we're not talking about an here s13.

an rb in an 86 is a bad idea. its simple physics.

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 03:53 PM
i know but really.. how far off is a ae86 from an S13? similar over all in dimensions.

still... i find it interesting that they did all this but didnt bother moving the motor back!

Shahzan
11th January 2009, 04:02 PM
i think its interesting to see...

it proves that we can put almost any engine into an 86.... well,, not all but almost all..

we had:
- 20b 600hp
- F20C
- SR20DET 600hp
- 20V BET powered
- V8 Powaaa
- RB26, RB25

and more i think that we can fit

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 04:05 PM
to be honest. i really want to see a VQ in an 86... short motor so not much over hang, and a very potent power plant... esp if u turbo it :P

Shahzan
11th January 2009, 04:11 PM
i know this idiot who knew this idiot who saw this idiot putting a Proton engine into an 86....

never seen it running,,, ill try to find a pic,, i think i might still have it....

Simon-KE70
11th January 2009, 04:17 PM
proton engine?? which is really a mitsubishi motor

FAST EDDIE
11th January 2009, 05:26 PM
i know but really.. how far off is a ae86 from an S13? similar over all in dimensions.

still... i find it interesting that they did all this but didnt bother moving the motor back!

thats what i thought they didnt do any firewall mods which makes less work but that is a massive engine to be hanging over the front wheels.?? what was it built for burnouts?

Shahzan
11th January 2009, 05:28 PM
most likely it is a mitsubishi engine,,, downgraded mitsubishi 13v engine

if u pay the price of that engine,,, u could get a half cut MIVEC engine... with an extra 1 grand

ae86hachiroku
11th January 2009, 05:35 PM
I don't mind that front, it might just be all the graphics that covers it up, but from the picture, I think it's alright.
Can't say the same for the RB26 conversion though.
An SR/3S/F20 already feels heavy at the front, imagine what this massive RB engine will do.

letsgohunting
11th January 2009, 05:36 PM
Im gonna hurl.

Only rwd skyline that goes round corners on earth.

You keep telling yourself that haha.

letsgohunting
11th January 2009, 05:42 PM
slydar: valid points there, however on the other end of the eqation lots of people go on about how a I6 doesnt work in an S series nissan chassis....and that they should stick to ther CA and SR plants. when the reality is you'd be hard pressed to pick the difference in the real world and on the track, I'd driven quite a few RB powered s13's and with the correct susp tuning to suit, they feel simply awesome to drive.

so yes, its far from idea;. but thats not to say it wouldnt work.

agree. Sr s13's are actually a little light at the front standard. From my experience the RB in the front puts much needed weight to the front and makes overall handling better.

reecegze
11th January 2009, 05:47 PM
i rekon its awesome something different from the good old ae86.. if i could afford it i would go 2j and a s14 cat eye conversion on my hachi.

JoshKE
11th January 2009, 05:59 PM
Worked bus, it would be a handful!

Hats off to them, quality looking work.

Pretty sure 70% of the corolla community all have dungers with simple conversions that are shittly done!

Someone hurry up and do a Briggs and Stratton conversion!

Juturna
11th January 2009, 08:38 PM
lol @ hicas

Axentrik
11th January 2009, 09:14 PM
if you lose sleep over something as insignificant as what OTHER PEOPLE do the THEIR cars then you obviously fail at your own life.

Eircamae86
11th January 2009, 09:23 PM
if you lose sleep over something as insignificant as what OTHER PEOPLE do the THEIR cars then you obviously fail at your own life.

My life is ok, thanks fella.

LittleRedSpirit
11th January 2009, 10:51 PM
You keep telling yourself that haha.

lol, moreso than if it was in an actual skyline.

doony
11th January 2009, 11:03 PM
i think its interesting to see...

it proves that we can put almost any engine into an 86.... well,, not all but almost all..

we had:
- 20b 600hp
- F20C
- SR20DET 600hp
- 20V BET powered
- V8 Powaaa
- RB26, RB25

and more i think that we can fit

not to mention beams 3sgte and the handful of ca's

and ive seen 1jz in ke corollas

Sturgey
12th January 2009, 01:15 AM
yeh theres a 1jz ksev panelvan on toymods

dr1ft-pig
12th January 2009, 01:35 AM
the lights look like ass....

engine makes for great understeer goodness....

may as well have put it all in a s14.....

each to their own though... but IMO its a waste of time... sure its had alot of work put into it but for what?? theres no way having that heavy engine that far forward is going to benifit handling let alone traction.... there a shitload of power there for sure but none of it will get to the ground

props for something different though..

70XIN
12th January 2009, 02:08 AM
tops effort

pink gearbox not so tops

sundee
12th January 2009, 03:38 AM
some poor owner out to prove that nissan is kik ass or something.. and all that time n money for??? so u can have a nissan cammo'd in s sprinter shell.. hmm.. magga ghay megga uggly... that thing looks RS!..(rat shit!!) tie it to a chain and use it to anker the Queen mary

Ksevn-T
12th January 2009, 07:46 PM
I need to rinse the vomit out of my keyboard.

AJPS
15th January 2009, 12:54 PM
after driving an rb20 cefiro, an rb25 cefiro and then the rb20 one again when it was SR20

changed the whole dynamic of the car for the better

so much more nimble and responsive....

slightly offtopic yes

as for the car, i dont like it

driftke70
15th January 2009, 12:59 PM
itd still be able to do stuff well, just not well, well.

xsoarerx
15th January 2009, 01:48 PM
if that was a stright line car... that would be cool.
if its for sliding... then i can understand why it wouldnt handle so well...

but this could of been one of thoes import places with a dead sprinter and a wrecked R34 and some other random nissan parts. if thats the case i think its well cool.

Intense
15th January 2009, 03:44 PM
Would it really handle that badly? I mean it's got the IRS subframe and a much larger diff in the back, that's going to add some weight to the rear to cancel out the weight in the front. And you have that bigger gearbox in the middle as well. The cars running some rather large 17" tyres too, giving grip most of us can only dream of.
Be good to see this thing on the track I think, would rip the absolute shit out of any period correct ae86 out there

slydar
15th January 2009, 04:28 PM
Would it really handle that badly? I mean it's got the IRS subframe and a much larger diff in the back, that's going to add some weight to the rear to cancel out the weight in the front. And you have that bigger gearbox in the middle as well. The cars running some rather large 17" tyres too, giving grip most of us can only dream of.
Be good to see this thing on the track I think, would rip the absolute shit out of any period correct ae86 out there

youre thinking of it in an over simplified way.

youre right. those things you mention would help. in comparison to a car with the same engine and a normal set up.

but its still a massive amount of inertia in front of the axle line. it might handle sort of ok if they get the set up spot on. but not good, certaintly not improved, and definitely nothing like an 86.

ae86=fun
15th January 2009, 05:43 PM
props to the work done one the car, give credit where its due.
But not having the engine set back at all your still dealing with an iron block which has two more cylinders over the front wheels, so dynamicaly its going to be pretty bad through turns.

IMO i think a VQ series engine conversion would be something worth while, alloy block, three cylinders long, good power whether turbo or kept na.

Matt-AE86
15th January 2009, 05:57 PM
This car is only good if it does wheelies..

http://i43.tinypic.com/10s6j5g.jpg

driftke70
16th January 2009, 06:53 PM
vq only if you have another elbow on each arm

shift_rook
16th January 2009, 08:00 PM
yeah not a massive fan, would be fun but i wreckon even in a straight line it'd be pretty average as you'd never be able to get traction

Rice86
16th January 2009, 11:04 PM
this car is pimped man...
+10

Rice86
16th January 2009, 11:07 PM
everyone wants a JDM ae86....well heres one and everyone bagged it out....wtf...

only japs will do something like this...

i bet if the car was built in an island called Japan, most people will look the other way about the build...

my 2 cents anyways...

ATESIX
16th January 2009, 11:20 PM
Wow .. i never would of imagined with this idea .. so much work and hard effort.

Juturna
17th January 2009, 12:56 PM
lol @ hicas

Trev084
17th January 2009, 01:59 PM
lol @ hicas

Most drifters remove it and put the solid system in.

quadeyquade
17th January 2009, 02:56 PM
imo its hot

GAKI86
17th January 2009, 03:24 PM
turkey greece cyprus are countries thats riddled with spastic car prices for asian cars so owning a skyline there is whack, you can buy a shit box sonata there for like 30 grand aud..

ke_70
17th January 2009, 05:52 PM
fuck man i like it somthin different! i think there should b more builds like this. this would make a mad thead on members cars if u guys want the usual ae86 build with 20vs and proper lookin ae86s go on members thead plenty on there

ae8zn6
17th January 2009, 06:09 PM
yes, its different, but the thing is these cars have been around for a while... Which means there has been plenty of time for people with a lot more expertise and cash to do trial and error...

Hence different does not always mean good. I think that the owner will end up disappointed with it. Even if he sets up the suspension perfectly the dollars could have gotten better performance out of a different setup.

Still restecpa for trying... I guess...

Sam-Q
18th January 2009, 09:19 AM
this whole thing doesnt make sense to me, from the pictures it looks like they have gone to a heap of trouble to make it happen, they obviously know how to chop and change the rear floor pan and rails and this obviously isnt going to be resistered so why havent they moved the firewall? I mean it doesnt even look like they have butted it right up against it. The cam cover breathers would have to be welded up and moved but thats no big deal. It looks to me like they left the engine foward so as to fit the gearbox. Its almost like they did all the car and then got to that and though 'screw it I have had enough lets do a rush job'.

I say if they go this far then they might as well go all the way.. get a peddle box, an extended steering spacer, move the seat back and move the engine back 400mm.

Also have a look at the edges of the bumper when its in place.. Other than that it looks like they did a half decent job engineering wise to make it happen. Anyone got any more pics?

luke.t.
18th January 2009, 09:27 AM
i think it looks mean.....alot of work has gone into.
are there any vids for it?????

beeoneoneoh
18th January 2009, 12:07 PM
don't care about the engine, or the irs, the shitty hicas, wheels etc but man that front is hideous on an ae86

biggo
18th January 2009, 12:14 PM
case in point.

i happen to think its utter rubbish, why not buy a skyline to start with?

GAKI86
18th January 2009, 12:50 PM
read 7 boxes up ^^

ae8zn6
19th January 2009, 05:40 PM
so an 86 is now no longer an asian car? ^^

biggo
19th January 2009, 08:35 PM
i think its japanese?

joeschmo_57
20th January 2009, 04:14 PM
pretty sure 86's are namibian

came stock with zebra stripes and gun racks

Rice86
20th January 2009, 10:10 PM
everybody has there own opinions on how an ae86 should be built, at the end of the day, its all the same shit...

GAKI86
20th January 2009, 10:17 PM
yea exactly but as for this one its like looking at michael jackson. with a bad nose job

lol @ your question ttz32 driver... nah im pretty sure great-machine-emperor toyoda-san made it and hes samurai so its a japanesian car and it was widely released all over the face of this planet... and ppl were merry

Rice86
21st January 2009, 02:14 PM
lol if u put it that way then yeah, its something we'll all never forget xD

Dom86
16th February 2009, 03:08 PM
I like it. Think it looks ok too.
A lot of people are commenting on crap handling cos of the 26, but near on any car can be made to handle well with decent suspension and set up. They also went to the trouble of putting in the nissan rear cradle which will help with weight distrabution and also more adjustability in the suspension.
My2c.