PDA

View Full Version : any interest in a short mig welding course?

Sam-Q
13th September 2009, 11:47 AM
I am looking to buy my own mig welder shortly and I have been professionally trained on using one. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a one on one course giving a crash lesson in how do these sort of things:

- set up the right power and wirefeed and how to know when either is not set right

- changing wire spools to the same and different size

- adjusting drive wheel tension and checking for wear

- correct welding handle position and movement

- checking for penetration

- tricks on welding thin materials and filling holes

- welding uneven thickness materials

and soon on, sure there are longer courses available that cover things like how the grain structures an all that are changed but mine would be a no nonsense guide and should pretty much cover almost everything needed for someone to do excellent welding.

All materials and equipment supplied, a gas mig would be used for the training and it would probably take about 1 to 2 hours. I would have some steel on hand for the person to do their own practice by themself at the end.

All held in my workshop in Endeavour hills and the price would probably be $120 incuding everything like the steel and the use of everything needed in my workshop.

Well thats the idea anyway I am open to feedback

shelldrake
13th September 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm keen Sam! Sounds good!

blacktopspirit
13th September 2009, 07:45 PM
I'll register some interest, I thought I could weld until I actually try, the I realise I cant...

tc-rolla
13th September 2009, 08:10 PM
any chance of tig, sam?

Sam-Q
13th September 2009, 08:15 PM
no chance of a tig, I have been thinking I can accomodate 2 people at once and make it it only half as much more, so $90 each with lots of practice time

shift_rook
13th September 2009, 09:15 PM
yeah man i've used a mig before but no idea on how to set it al up, count me in

Sam-Q
13th September 2009, 09:17 PM
ok great, I am hoping to get the welder in a few weeks time, hows that work for you

DRFTAE86
14th September 2009, 11:50 PM
Hey Sam, Alexia and I would be interested in doing one of your courses. $90 each and we live 5mins away, that makes for a good deal. Let us know when the mig arrives and well drop by. Cheers, Ronald.

Sam-Q
15th September 2009, 05:15 AM
yeah sure thing Ronald, be good to see you guys again anyway