PDA

View Full Version : Digi Camera for In Car Dori Filming?

blair
14th September 2009, 11:21 AM
So yer, looking at gettin a camera setup happening in my car for videos obviously.

What have you guys used thats worked well?? the mounting side of things aswell, but the camera; what to look for? fps/pixels???

Will also be used at night a bit, are there cameras that work better than others in low light?

Obviously has to be able to cop a bit of movement/vibration etc!

cheers, blair.
p.s. mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it, just figured its not a very tech question, and is probably gonna get some first hand info here?

racsov
14th September 2009, 03:55 PM
I use one of those $80 ebay suction mounts. wouldnt trust it outside the car but inside on rear window is fine. pretty crappy but it does the job and hasnt fallen off yet. camera wise just a point and shoot. again crappy but it does the job

marvis
15th September 2009, 11:00 AM
I'm interested for inside as well.

ae86
15th September 2009, 11:12 AM
+1 for ebay suction mounts!

DR86TY
15th September 2009, 03:04 PM
Best bet is to look into downhill mountain bike cameras, as these suck onto guys helmets and take a bashing to.

Ive used the twenty 20 system, works well, if not your other options are go pro or hero cams.

I found them on www.tbsm.com.au well worth the dosh and if you check out there blog section i found some videos of them in action.

blair
15th September 2009, 05:20 PM
Im getting a Samsung WB500 (http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/subtype/subtype.do?group=cameracamcorder&type=digitalstillcamera&subtype=wbseries)

Ultra wide angle HD-quality movies of 720p resolution at 30ftps! dandy.

patience
16th September 2009, 12:51 AM
gopro hero
can mount it outside the car
That guy in NZ with the epic wet hillclimb footage in an 86 uses one
I'll be using one when snowboarding on my helmet

Robo86
16th September 2009, 11:11 AM
panasonic sdr-s7 + manfrotto suction mount :)