PDA

View Full Version : brake booster - removing, smaller one, other ideas

h1_roll4
11th January 2009, 02:14 AM
hey all.

im having a problem fitting everything in my engine bay.
i have a twin carb 4age in ke70.

the manifold and carbs stick to far out and i cant fit a filter or anything between the carbs and the brake booster.

is there a way i can remove the booster, or is there a smaller one the will fit, or does anyone have a better idea.

i dont want to spend stoopid amounts of money.

yeah, any help.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/8/2/7/3572.jpg
only pic i have atm

edit: wrong section, mods please move

hilux05
11th January 2009, 09:17 AM
daymn.. what mani are you using?? it seems to stick out hella far..do you have a bigport/small port adapter on there too??

apart from an in cabin mc maybe mount just a mc on the fire wall then get a remote mounted vh40/44 booster out of an old holden..shouldnt be too much.. i have to do this on me ke25 now too..

h1_roll4
11th January 2009, 09:20 AM
daymn.. what mani are you using?? it seems to stick out hella far..do you have a bigport/small port adapter on there too??

apart from an in cabin mc maybe mount just a mc on the fire wall then get a remote mounted vh40/44 booster out of an old holden..shouldnt be too much.. i have to do this on me ke25 now too..

its a hks manifold, and its a smallport with the adapter.

cheers i'll look into that

pen15
11th January 2009, 10:13 AM
try a Silvia s13 brake booster and master lots thinner looks like it should all fit up with s13 by memory it should all bolt up a friend has 1 in his ke70 for sr20 to fit with room lol

LittleRedSpirit
11th January 2009, 10:37 AM
KE30s and 55s had an interchangeable smaller diameter booster, if you can find the one with the horizontal studs for the master like the ke70/ae71 has. Been researching this myself. You can always use a remote booster, I think some Hondas had good factory remote boosters.

Jonny Rochester
11th January 2009, 10:58 PM
Check that you have a AE71 crossmember, as I suspect the KE70 crossmember puts the motor in the wrong position. (Not sure).

Either way, don't be scared to modify the engine mounts to move the motor over for more clearance.