PDA

View Full Version : Painters in Gold Coast area

munki
24th September 2009, 10:44 PM
Hi all

after getting quoted almost double what was originally stated at Harveys Nerang I have obviously decided to look elsewhere. Anyone know any old school or reputable panel beaters about? At the very least im looking for someone to spray the engine bay so i can put my blacktop in, and at most a full respray/repair.

Any info would be awesome.

Cheers

Daniel.

4agtezza
10th October 2009, 05:33 PM
They're as rare as brand new dashes man, I've been looking without luck for a while now. All the panel beaters want to know about is insurance work.. If you find somewhere, throw me a line :)

fantapants
11th October 2009, 10:41 PM
there is a couple of apparently talented boys on sd who do this sorta thing :)

4agtezza
11th October 2009, 11:48 PM
there is a couple of apparently talented boys on sd who do this sorta thing :)

sd? Secret Drift?

MJ86
13th October 2009, 12:56 PM
How much did they quote you ?, a bit more info would help net you a better answer to you question. How much rust?, dents, what colour and type of paint do you want it finished in ?, what sort of car and how much money do you really want to spend?, maybe you would be better going to supercreeps and getting some spray cans for your engine bay. Remember that panelbeaters are business people they will go the insurance jobs every time rather than dick around with some dirty old coralla, sprinter, or eh holden because they know they are going to get more money for less work.

gg004
13th October 2009, 02:44 PM
harvey may have quoted alot but they do the best job ive seen around here. it all comes back to you only get what you pay for and they do a top job at harveys

munki
13th October 2009, 11:00 PM
cheers for the replies everyone I have decided to go separate ways with my corolla and have gotten myself an 86.

Harveys did not want the job obviously, and it was reflected in the quote. try in the 5 figures for a non bare metal respray.

zookieboi
28th October 2009, 07:31 PM
Pm me for a good panelbeater whos been in the trade for 30 years has good prices he sprays pretty good for a non heated booth but hes really good with metal