PDA

View Full Version : Loads of problems ... need help FAST!

Faceplant456
29th September 2009, 12:25 AM
Car - ADM AE86 (TRUENO front)

motor - Small port 4A-GE

use -None yet.

problems -many...
1. tail lights light up when battery is connected to body loom.
2. i seem to be missing a plug that plugs into the ecu, i think its in the body of the car but don't know where most likely connected to the original spot , its the smaller plug for the 4A-GE ecu... the one that has air con and efi connections on it.
anyone know if its already in the car or do i need a new dash loom... or can i just chop it off.
3. where dose the ecu normally sit in an ae86 ... i have a monster loom that i can make reach to almost anywhere in the car ... but i wanna know where the ecu normally sits.
4.my headlights don't turn on at all, i have checked the globes and the wiring. i have a separate switch for the H/L motors and they work fine, but the light it self has nothing.
5. is there a loom for the gearbox? i have a weird bunch of electrical wires that look similar to a loom i pulled off a gearbox at work ...
6. anyone know of a screw in type O2 sensor that has the same plug as the one on a 4A-GE loom?

occurs/started when -all day every day.

personal situation - need to get this car running as it is supposed to be my daily drifter.

shakes
29th September 2009, 12:40 AM
dude from your post it sounds like the wiring in your car resembles my italian neighbours spaghetti... Might be time to call in someone that knows what they are doing

Faceplant456
29th September 2009, 08:06 AM
lol , ive been going over the wiring diagrams i have but they arnt much help when they are just the downloaded ones. i need the proper fold out ones

ke70dave
29th September 2009, 09:12 AM
problems -many...

have you checked the switch on your brake pedal? if the rubber gromit thing is perished the brake pedal wont turn off the brake lights when required. check that first.

2. i seem to be missing a plug that plugs into the ecu, i think its in the body of the car but don't know where most likely connected to the original spot , its the smaller plug for the 4A-GE ecu... the one that has air con and efi connections on it.
anyone know if its already in the car or do i need a new dash loom... or can i just chop it off.

if you have an ADM you wont have that plug. i think jap ones do though.
if its the plug with all the powers on it, then i believe you can get one out of an old camry.

3. where dose the ecu normally sit in an ae86 ... i have a monster loom that i can make reach to almost anywhere in the car ... but i wanna know where the ecu normally sits.

passenger side footwell. put it anywhere you like though. mines up under the dash.

4.my headlights don't turn on at all, i have checked the globes and the wiring. i have a separate switch for the H/L motors and they work fine, but the light it self has nothing.

check the wiring to the relay, and make sure the relay is clicking on and off. all i can really help with sorry over the internet.

5. is there a loom for the gearbox? i have a weird bunch of electrical wires that look similar to a loom i pulled off a gearbox at work ...

there is only 1 thing on a gearbox that requires wires. and that is the reverse lights. if you have an adm car the little loom that is on the firewall has the reverse lights in it. you need to connect both the wires from the gearbox (you just make new wires with bullet connectors) to the wires in this loom. i dont know the colours or anything. but a bit of experimentation should figure that out.

6. anyone know of a screw in type O2 sensor that has the same plug as the one on a 4A-GE loom?

just buy a new 4age one?

Faceplant456
29th September 2009, 06:06 PM
cool thanks, ill have to check that out, i have access to about 3 standard 4A-GE O2 sensors but they are all bolt in types (2 bolts hold them to exhaust)
the type i need is a screw in type ( screws into exhaust)

that plug i need ... is it needed? or can i just go without it?

sundee
30th September 2009, 12:05 AM
its either the brake switch or the tail light wiring is wrong

That 3rd plug your after has all the power + switching for the ECU, it is a part of the dash loom on a JDM 86, not sure about ADM

as dave said, passenger side kick panel

crack out your multi meter or test light and test the fuse + fues box then the relay, then the switch... if its fine u have some dodgee wiring connections.

as dave said again, its just for the reverse switch

cant help here

Faceplant456
4th October 2009, 12:33 PM
i got the plug i was missing from my ecu now ...

Faceplant456
12th October 2009, 09:55 PM
fixed my brake lights, it was as said by KE70dave the brake light switch was not making a good enough contact with the pedal ... after a 2min adjustment they are working fine. thanks very much for the help.

the plug i was missing from the ecu is now being decoded and is slowly getting wired in.

i have seen where the ecu normally sits and i would like to get mine into that spot ... but i had my loom extended by 1.5 meters and it is slightly long ... im running it in threw the hole under the wipers motor and i could put it over around the drivers pedals if i really wanted to ... theres that much wire ... but ill loop it up and get it in the normal spot ... or near enough to it.

i have been playing around with the headlights now , still no success, but i have blown 3 10 amp fuses, anyone know if the trueno headlights require a larger fuse? the 10 amp ones blow out after about 5 seconds and thats still without the lights producing light ... and the relays in the fuse box make a large amount of noise ... i dont think they should ... the relays they make noise when i turn the light switch on.

the loom mentioned by KE70dave , could someone please provide an image of it, i think i know what it is but i would prefer a confirmed image.