PDA

View Full Version : Petrol In Perth

Shahzan
29th September 2009, 03:40 PM
Found an interesting info from the TOCAU forums, thought i would share it in here

Credits to EC11WA, TOCAU

For those interested when filling up.

I have worked in the fuel industry now for some 10 years in Perth as a Contract Superviser and thought i would share some info with those interested.

Just a bit of Useful info for those who use a specific type of Fuel.

THIS APPLIES TO PERTH ONLY. DIFFERENT IN OTHER STATES.

All Ulp is pretty much the same. Just depends on where you get it from. Always fill up at busy service stations as they have a high turnover of fuel. DO NOT fill up at the smaller servos as these servos generally run low stock levels and sometimes run to zero. At the bottom of each tank, there is always a percentage of water. Water and engines do not like each other.

PULP95 or VORTEX95.

Caltex, Woolies, Coles Express and Shell are all pulled from Shell North Fremantle Terminal. It is the exact same fuel. Don't beleive people when they say Caltex is better than Shell. Its the same fuel. This also applies to ULP.

BP is pulled from seperate terminals. I have not had a lot to do with BP work, but the fuel is pulled from Kewdale Terminal or Kwinana/Fremantle Terminal.

PULP98 or VORTEX98.

Other than BP who have their own ULTIMATE 98, all PULP98 or VORTEX98 is pulled from the Coogee Terminal.
Caltex, Woolies, Coles Express and Shell all use the same 98. It may be called something different but its definately the same. All the fuel from Coogee is Mobil fuel. Even though there are no Mobil sites in Perth anymore, it is still Mobil fuel.

Also United Petroleum and Peak is all taken from Coogee also inclusive of PULP98.Gull are based next door to Coogee Terminal.

So when someone says Shell is better than Caltex or Caltex is better than Coles Express, just laugh and explain that it all comes from the same place. The only one that is different is BP as they use there own Additives. Saying that though, all fuel from Shell North Fremantle is pumped from you guessed it, BP.

Hope this helps when you next fill up.

RolandGTV85
3rd October 2009, 02:12 PM
Interesting to know, I use nothing but BTU.

Hachiko
7th October 2009, 01:34 AM
interesting post. The car runs better for sure on 98 though..

Adsport
7th October 2009, 01:47 AM
A lot of fuel stations are franchised also, so no matter where it comes from it all might be the same but some stations have been known to alter their fuel after delivery which makes most of that statement irrelevant.