PDA

View Full Version : mito 125

redsprinter
29th September 2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.cagiva.com.au/welcome/page8.php

what you guys think of this as a first legal learner / track day bike .

love the looks of it .. sort of like a baby ducati .

http://www.cagiva.com.au/welcome/images/GI1_8731.jpg_ozeclick_thumbnail_resize.jpg

DAMO46
30th September 2009, 01:40 AM
Ive owned 1 of these 2 Aprilia Rs125s and 1 Rs250.

The mito doesnt compare to the aprilia at all, ive riden all 3 at eastern creek and eventhough the 125 may seem like a fun idea its not.. Aprilia is a whole lot better bike if you want the whole 2 stroke thing and what not. But for a learner legal id go a ducati 620 monster or even a 600 even thought the rule is 150kw per tonne for a bike - there is a mob down near the city that have pushed for 600cc bikes to be restricted and have them passed as learner legal and yes thats the R6, Gsxr600 etc

redsprinter
30th September 2009, 11:55 AM
just been searching and have no real world experience but alot of ppl have commented on the aprillia's reliability ?

what make the aprilia different?

what is the r250 like ? so sick of seeing cbr 250 around ...

wouldnt mind a r6 or even a gsx600 .. nothing agianst them mates have got them but dont like the price tag of 10k+ for a new one ...

i really just want something fun i can take to track and go down national park ... just some cheap fun while the car is off the road.

slideways
30th September 2009, 01:45 PM
I am also sick of seeing cbr250rr's.

But you know why you see so many?

Because they are undoubtedly the best sport's, learner approved motorcycle. And represents the best value for money. As you can buy them cheap, and not lose to much money on re-sale.

I currently own and ride a Cbr600rr 05, And if it weren't for the nsr150 I rode first I would already be a cripple.

Start of small, learn to ride it to its limits but not past yours. Perfect your braking, cornering and most importantly your awareness of cars.
The majority of cars don't see you, and its up to you to get out of the way.

So like I said, I ride a 600 now, and I ride the absoloute tits of the thing. Because I have spent 5 years riding everyday to get as good as I am.

1000cc are overated, I would prefer to really push a nimble bike, than be cautious through a corner.

The Cagiva is nice, but not practical. It will cost far more than its worth. Plus it will be hard to sell for a good price once your done.

250cc two stroke's aren't learner legal.

But if your going to do it anyway, look at the Suzuki RGV250. They are older, but still perform against todays standards. And won't cost you bodily parts.

Dom86
1st October 2009, 11:21 PM
I cant believe over east you can have over 250 as a learner bike. That's just F-ing crazy.
And the government wonders why so many bikers die over there LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved that too. But I guarantee I wouldn't be writing this. lol.

Oh and all 250's or lower are mud once you've had a 600 or bigger between your legs. But I do think they are essential for developing riding skills.

slideways
2nd October 2009, 12:29 AM
But I do think they are essential for developing riding skills.

Word!!!

machg
3rd October 2009, 12:22 AM
I cant believe over east you can have over 250 as a learner bike. That's just F-ing crazy.
And the government wonders why so many bikers die over there LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved that too. But I guarantee I wouldn't be writing this. lol.

Oh and all 250's or lower are mud once you've had a 600 or bigger between your legs. But I do think they are essential for developing riding skills.

150kW per tonne - do the maths, it means you get to ride an R6 with less than 30kW, any decent 2 stroke 250 is waaaaaay faster than a LAMS bike.

Dom86
3rd October 2009, 06:48 PM
Ahhhh, ok. That sounds better.
I thought there was still a state in Aus that allowed an open license once you had your bike license?? Anyone?? QLD maybe?

Matt-AE86
14th October 2009, 12:03 PM
I wish I could get my bike license and own a bike, but I know for a fact I would probably become part of the paralyzed statistic. Don't want to put that burden on my family. So I'll just ride em in japan :)

Dom86
14th October 2009, 12:22 PM
Yeh the family wont care if your overseas lol.

But just remember, a motor bike is only as dangerous as it's rider....
....that's why I sold mine lol......

Dom86
14th October 2009, 12:27 PM
150kW per tonne - do the maths, it means you get to ride an R6 with less than 30kW, any decent 2 stroke 250 is waaaaaay faster than a LAMS bike.

Do they put restrictor's on 600cc+ bike's for learners and first year riders?

I ask cos I saw a Kwaka add for "Learner Legal" bikes, and a couple were over 600cc's +.

machg
23rd October 2009, 10:20 PM
Do they put restrictor's on 600cc+ bike's for learners and first year riders?

I ask cos I saw a Kwaka add for "Learner Legal" bikes, and a couple were over 600cc's +.

Yes, they do.