PDA

View Full Version : how to remove steering wheel

khai2298
1st October 2009, 08:53 PM
hey guys i might be retarded i duno how to take the s.wheel off, i have a standard sprinter wheel similar to this one:
http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/1983_Toyota_Celica_Supra_California_Survivor_For_S ale_Interior_1.jpg
anyone know how to remove to put on boss kit and aftermarket wheel?

Javal
1st October 2009, 09:00 PM
Standard ADM or JDM wheel?

If ADM:
get small screwdriver, pry the center "S" or "C" badge out from the steering wheel. Put the screwdriver underneath the badge in the middle and pry. Should come out easy. Then there's one 17 or 19mm nut (i forget) to undo. Undo it most of the way but don't remove it yet. Then wiggle and pull the steering wheel (can take some force) toward you to til it comes loose. THEN remove the nut and take the wheel off.

JDM: same as above, but instead of prying out the badge, you just pull the 'toyota' bit off towards you.

Fitting the aftermarket wheel should be very straightforward.

khai2298
1st October 2009, 09:09 PM
man the wheel is not budging

todd
1st October 2009, 09:11 PM
fucking smack that shit harder.

dare you to take the nut off though, its scary/funny/painful when it comes flying towards the bridge of your nose.

Javal
1st October 2009, 09:14 PM
man the wheel is not budging

It takes a bit of force. Hitting doesn't work. Just pull and wiggle.

todd
1st October 2009, 09:15 PM
tapping around in a circle does.

R&D Mechanical
1st October 2009, 10:51 PM
put the knees on the bottom and pull using your knees and bang the top parts of the wheel towards you and boom!shes off :)

Robo86
1st October 2009, 11:01 PM
crack the bolt, unscrew a few turns, belt the cunt

khai2298
2nd October 2009, 03:00 AM
finding it difficult to attach the boss kit and quick release without putting them on crookered, will try tomorro. any tips?

Javal
2nd October 2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah. Remove the steering wheel at straight ahead, then dummy fit at straight ahead. Bolt it down. Test.

Rinse, repeat.

riceburner
2nd October 2009, 10:27 AM
careful, when the wheel comes off it REALLY comes off.. dont smack urself in the face

khai2298
2nd October 2009, 01:19 PM
hahaa i found hitting it around the wheel with a rubber mallet worked very easily and it didnt come flying off, just loosened it for an easy pull of. a GOOD tip for future wheel changers.