PDA

View Full Version : halp

z_brutalis
5th October 2009, 05:49 PM
hey guys i had an accident in my cg lancer 4dr about two days ago i have rooted the lower control arms on the front and back. just wondering how i can go about getting them fixed i don't think the point where they mount to is damaged at all but the front lower control arm is completely snapped. as i cant drive the car i was just wondering how to go about fixing it.

Skylar
5th October 2009, 06:14 PM
If you look at your control arms, it will be attached to the chassis side by 2 pivot points and one on the suspension side, probably. I have no idea, never looked at lancer suspension. Maybe like this:
http://z.about.com/d/autorepair/1/0/Q/4/78274294.gif

You remove the nuts and bolts that hold one to the other and the arms should pull out with some force. Then go to wrecker and get some arms and put them on the car.

It's rather basic and you can figure it out if you look at it.

If that sounds too hard, just truck the car to a mechanic/suspension shop and let them do it.

z_brutalis
5th October 2009, 06:20 PM
cheers mate but if the chassis is bent the car is a write off right?

pogi
5th October 2009, 06:22 PM
thats correct, but theres repairable writeoff or stagatory write off

todd
5th October 2009, 06:28 PM
statutory* ;)

pogi
5th October 2009, 06:29 PM
can always count on 86dc for grammar assistance

z_brutalis
5th October 2009, 06:48 PM
ok so far soo good it doesnt look like there is any damage to the chassis mounts. but i cant tell if anything else is damaged as i am fairly competent but not qualified im not exactly sure what else im looking at.

Rice86
6th October 2009, 05:37 PM
fix that and go for a drive, if something else plays up then you'll know...guess thats the only way to answer your question if you cant tell if something is broken

hitoriko
6th October 2009, 06:58 PM
or take it to a mechanic

z_brutalis
13th October 2009, 09:28 PM
ok here's the update i managed to replace the lca's actually easier than i thought. under closer inspection i realized that the drive shaft is gone. and when i had the car up on jacks i turned the wheel and noticed that the steering is really lumpy. so i think the steering rack is rooted. not to mention the fact that if i turn the wheel while driving the car stays heading in the direction that i turn the wheel to untill i manually straighten it all the way.

Rice86
14th October 2009, 08:56 AM
ive got a power steering rack for ae86 if you want it...$100+postage

shift_rook
14th October 2009, 09:04 AM
give us a yell if you need a hand dude, i'm not workin atm so more than happy to come help

slideways
14th October 2009, 01:08 PM
had an accident in my cg lancer 4dr

ive got a power steering rack for ae86 if you want it...$100+postage

:hehe:

Rice86
14th October 2009, 01:10 PM
lol i found it funny his on a ae86 forum getting help to fix his lancer...couldnt help but to try and make a sale =p

z_brutalis
9th March 2010, 09:21 PM
rice86 still have the power steering rack by any chance and any ideas how hard it would be to get running in with a 20v silvertop?