PDA

View Full Version : bdc performance wollongong

bradae86
6th October 2009, 08:11 AM
hey guys and girls just opened up my own performance shop in fairy meadow next to wollongong in the illawarra. the address is 55 charles road fairy meadow.
as i have just opened any support from you guys on here and business would be appreciated. all your performance needs and wants at as reasonable prices as i can get it for you. if your from this sight you will be looked after.
cheers

brad

sotiros86
6th October 2009, 10:20 AM
Thats awesome. Good work. Im in Balgownie, so i might have to come down one day and check the place out.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of work do you guys do? i.e. engine rebuilds, bolt on upgrades etc.

Rice86
6th October 2009, 02:15 PM
nice, so im guessing you know more then the average joe at some random performance shop about ae86s

just to get this striaght...your a performance shop, not a garage?...dont tune cars etc..

MR-00-NG
6th October 2009, 04:41 PM
brad will do all your needs;) it is a garage.. sounds better as performance :D

DR86FT
6th October 2009, 05:00 PM
should be good brad will help you out when i can.

bradae86
6th October 2009, 09:07 PM
hey guys shop is opened but is still gettin put together. got hoist and all my tools and stuff there but still waiting on tire machines etc. also do general mechanic work but love customising so lets go mental lol
hope to see u all soon. might have to have a big bbq or somethin at the shop to get all the boys together. and the ladies are welcome too lol.

DR86FT
6th October 2009, 09:56 PM
brad youre always thinking about the ladies LOL

-ollie-
6th October 2009, 11:25 PM
can you do fabrication stuff? and possibly rust repairs??

Rice86
7th October 2009, 08:23 AM
hmz...

are you able to fab a 2inch exhaust system for me....without the car being there? lol
car doesnt run and it isnt rego'ed, and its going to be epic to tow it down to the gong...

i have the 16V TRD copies from Kaizen Garage and i need the rest made up i guess...

bradae86
8th October 2009, 08:44 AM
you no im always about the ladies kaan lol.

i can do some fab work and as far as panel beating my mates panel shop backs onto the back of my shop.

has sand blasting painting and welding facilities there.
i also have welding facility available at my shop for exhausts cooler piping etc.

without knowing exactly were the extractors finish and what mount they have on em i cant do the exhaust. i have my sprinter that i can make a custom exhaust off but i only got standard 16v exhaust manifold so with out havin the extractors in the shop sorry dude dont wanna promise somethin i cant deliver on with exact match. wouldnt be right for me to try without the extractors there cause then you would be upset if it didnt sit right and i would feel like a dog cause it isnt up to my standards.

cheers boys. and the ladies lol

Rice86
8th October 2009, 12:24 PM
fair enough...

if i cant get one made closer to where i am that wont rip me off, i'll be happy to come down to the gong with my extractors for you to make the rset up for me hahah or something along those lines...

DR86TY
8th October 2009, 01:09 PM
What about hilux rear ends :)

Can you do em

bradae86
8th October 2009, 08:44 PM
yeh well it would be alot easier with the extractors lol.

what you want done with hilux diff. moded into 86 or are you just wanting a hilux diff rebuilt???

pen15
8th October 2009, 10:09 PM
BBQ for the win set a meet and get all the sprinter boys there for the grand opening im keen

DR86TY
9th October 2009, 08:31 AM
Deff BBQ for the win.

Either hilux rear end or even try an s13 rear end for something new.

But yes installed :)

+1 for the bbq opening

Rice86
9th October 2009, 01:34 PM
hey Brad

just got a qoute from a exhaust place, dont really want to mention thier name,

got qoute $1100 for

2" stainless steal
Hi Flow Cat
muffler
any tip i want
fit and installed

the only thing is they need my car to be in the shop for them to make it, where as you said you might be able to make one up for me if i bring just the extractors over?..

i really dont wanna tow my car there and then pay $1100 then tow it back, it'll cost me more then $1100...

lol what can you do for me?..=b

DR86TY
9th October 2009, 02:42 PM
Hey Rice

were are you at

bradae86
11th October 2009, 09:54 AM
is that a full mandrel bend system?? seems a bit steep for a 2 inch exhaust

bradae86
11th October 2009, 09:55 AM
when is everyone free to come down for a bbq? will organise as soon as i got some good numbers on who is coming and when there free

pen15
11th October 2009, 10:28 AM
im keen set it for 2 weeks from now make a new thread in nsw section as a bbq meet up down the gong ill spread the word

focus_7
11th October 2009, 01:03 PM
isnt 2 weeks from now the annual?

focus_7
11th October 2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah the weekend of the 25th is the annual, so there'll be alot of AE86 guys doing that.

since oure in Wollongong maybe PM Xero about it and he might be able to incorporate it into the plans for the annual, if not then another weekend.

bradae86
11th October 2009, 07:56 PM
might just change it to another weekend hey. spewin. oh well will have to make it a month or so away so people are available.

DR86FT
11th October 2009, 08:41 PM
yeh make it another weekend :D

sotiros86
11th October 2009, 09:12 PM
Nah, keep it that weekend, especially considering the annual is going to be based in Wollongong, and that way you will get a shit-load of people there

focus_7
12th October 2009, 10:24 AM
PM Xero (the organiser of the annual) and invite the ae86 guys there. Otherwise we probably won't swing by.

bradae86
13th October 2009, 07:19 PM
looks like the bbq is a no go. xero reckons there is another bbq on the same day far from wollongong for the annual so sorry guys but its a no go. not gonna waist my time when no one is gonna show up

pen15
14th October 2009, 01:33 PM
OK back to business i want my fuel tank cut up and baffled how much is this gonna cost me?

cheers
mat

-ollie-
14th October 2009, 01:41 PM
OK back to business i want my fuel tank cut up and baffled how much is this gonna cost me?

cheers
mat

Shit yes, good call. +1 for price on this too.

Rice86
14th October 2009, 02:00 PM

cheers
mat

Shit yes, good call. +1 for price on this too.

*eagle eyeing on this*

bradae86
16th October 2009, 11:07 PM
what do you mean by cut up? surely you dont want your tank any smaller?
i can do stainless inserts with one way openings as far as baffle goes as im assuming its to stop the fuel leaning out around corners once an elctronic fuel pump is installed?

i am actually in the process of doin this myself to keep a majority of the fuel in middle with my 040 fuel pump.

not sure on a price yet will have to get back to you guys on $$$

sorry bout shit drawings aghhh the wonderfull world of paint and rushin it before goin to bed didnt help hahaha

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/2/8/7/25751.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/2/8/7/25752.jpg

hopefully the links work and you can get the jist of the way i like to do it

-ollie-
17th October 2009, 02:01 AM
some holes/ mesh down the bottom of the wall wouldn't be a bad idea, just for the residual fuel from the two sides of the tank can flow in. the fuel really only needs to be slowed down, so it doesnt quickly rush to on side on a corner etc, which im sure you know, i'd just be worried that if the walls are solid then a considerable amount of fuel would get stuck on the sides, especially if your not going around to many corners fast enough to ensure the fuel go through the flaps.
Love the idea though and diagrams arent to shabby either! haha

bradae86
17th October 2009, 07:20 PM
well i mght get a couple of old tanks and try out a few different ways and see what one works the best

corknose
17th October 2009, 07:23 PM
annual meet at your shop? seems as its not on! get a bbq down there etc,

bradae86
17th October 2009, 11:53 PM
looks like no bbq not enough numbers. its a shame

Richard
18th October 2009, 12:06 AM
well im just following the crowd so wer ever this touge goes ill be ther

bradae86
18th October 2009, 10:21 PM
fuckin pissed off wanted to have a nice gathering and a good friendly environment and a good feed. not enough numbers so concider it scrapped

focus_7
19th October 2009, 12:34 AM
Not enough numbers? How many people is Xero expecting for the annual?

bradae86
19th October 2009, 05:50 PM
xero said that there is a bbq for the annual somewere else so no one would still be around on the sunday.