PDA

View Full Version : HELP upper trailing arm

i2obert
8th October 2009, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the length from eye to eye say of a ae86 upper trailing arm?

I have a mx32 Cressida with stuffed Upper arms just wondering if i can use Ae86 items

the mx32 length is is 280mm i belive

i2obert
8th October 2009, 08:31 PM
The arms them self

The round part where the bush goes in is now oval/egg shape due to old age and rather then get a 2nd hand one im looking for somthing to replace it I would love adjustable ones but yeah i dont want rose joint due to car being daylie and i need to work somthing out ASAP

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/0/5/3/25139.jpg

This car is so called running ae86 4link kit but if the arms are 35mm shorter i have a issue unless i can get 35mm of adjustment out of adjustable ones?

Dan_J
8th October 2009, 08:57 PM
still at least one mx32 at centre road

go raid her :P

- think AJPS is saying the measurement is from the centre of both bolt holes so not from the start of the item

i2obert
8th October 2009, 10:09 PM
yeah my messurement is from both holes as well i belive and yeah i know about that but getting a 2nd hand one im stuck if it has the same problem and i cant get one by tommorow still :(

i might call up pedders tommorw see if they can get a ae86 whiteline one get them to do some messurements 1st and see

ROLL3R
9th October 2009, 12:24 AM
Nolathane supply replacement bushes for the standard arms. Also if your considering using the Ae86 adjustable whiteline arms are your bolts 12mm or 14mm as i know the RA40-60 run the 14mm bolts, as being a larger car it may run the same. A better option if you do have the 14mm bolts would be to use vs/vr commodore adjustable arms and cut the bushes down a couple of mm each side to suit. Though all this would depend on measurements of the original bush size.

i2obert
9th October 2009, 07:21 AM
Yeah unlucky for me i will need the item today AJPS so i will have to pay full retail from pedders I had replacement bushes this is how i found the issue they went to change it and they would not fit went back to pedders they checked it out and confirmed everything was fine to find out the arms where stuffed just where it holds the bush

and if RA60/RA40 Run 14mm Bolts im safe as they use the same bushes as mx32 :D and i belive that is what ae86s run so that is alright just need length

i2obert
9th October 2009, 10:08 AM
This has turned to shit but i have brought upper ae86s trailing arms whiteline said they have about 30mm of adjustment so that will do me for now but what is shitting me

this RWC place i went to go a list of items i need to fix i fixed them items now they are repeating the same things and they changed my stock panard rod bushes when i had a replacement panard rod from AJPS there excuse the rod did not fit now i dont know WTF is going on i guess my car is not getting regoed anytime soon as im sure they are going to charge me a arm and a leg :(

i need a new RWC in melb who are not in it to make every buck possible on crap

ROLL3R
9th October 2009, 06:35 PM
The ae86 arms will not fit as the bushes are suited to 12mm bolts unlike the 14mm bolts used in the ra60/40 and your mx32......

Dan_J
9th October 2009, 09:42 PM
i need a new RWC in melb who are not in it to make every buck possible on crap

remember when u told me u had a 'gud' rwc guy.

they might have had the bush replaced etc in gud condish b4 it was dumped at the wreckers + u got all the other cars to sus out.

i2obert
10th October 2009, 01:36 PM
yeah i had a RWC guy called him up and well he is no longer the guy and no longer offers RWC :P dam vicroads HAHA

OHHH FUCK i thought ae86s had 14mm bolts to MMMM can i just change the bolts? this has turned to shit i will pick up car monday i think i will give them a call get car home and work somthing out i think

i2obert
10th October 2009, 01:48 PM
Also thanks for the help guys it has been a huge help