PDA

View Full Version : New CD player

Hazzard
8th October 2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys,
Bought a new CD player for my car just before, and i opened it up and the wires for the back were all chopped, and it looks like ya have to fit it yourself. Can any1 from adelaide or SA help me with fitting it? ill shout ya a 6 pack or 50 bucks or sumfin for the help. Just a question, if ya can help PM me
Thanks guys :)
Hazzard

slideways
8th October 2009, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,
Bought a new CD player for my car just before, and i opened it up and the wires for the back were all chopped, and it looks like ya have to fit it yourself. Can any1 from adelaide or SA help me with fitting it? ill shout ya a 6 pack or 50 bucks or sumfin for the help. Just a question, if ya can help PM me
Thanks guys :)
Hazzard

What deck is it?

DRFTR86
8th October 2009, 11:36 PM
if you have a basic idea on electricals, it aint hard to wire up
acc
ign+
earth
speaker wires
is all the wiring u need to know and how to find which is acc and ign+

Skylar
9th October 2009, 02:51 AM
It's actually, batt, acc and ground. KE70's don't have a batt wire at the radio plug so you're gonna have to tap that off somewhere and run it the head unit.

Hazzard
9th October 2009, 01:24 PM
well, the thing is i barely even kno anything about electicals. so hence the idea i was askin for help..... any1 got a spare satdy this weekend? :)

Driftspec
9th October 2009, 01:33 PM
See if you can find a manual on the web first - do a quick Google search to start off. They usually have pretty good installation instructions and will help you match the right wires up.

Rice86
9th October 2009, 01:48 PM
ok so ima try help with my noobness experience with installing CD players

NEED!!
- test light
- CD player and plug that comes with it

CD player should have come with like a installation papper or something to identify the colours of the wires

FIRST wire you want to connect is....EARTH

you can wire the CD player earth to another wire from the car loom that is an earth already... i simply just run the earth wire under a screw that is holding some plastic interior thats touching some metal/main body of the car...

next, i try to find the CONSTANT power wire,and wire this up. This is what keeps the memory of the CD player..example..saving the settings of your boom boom beat, or ur radio tuner, 96.1, 96.9, 104.1 etc..

then find the on, ignition, what ever you want to call it, wire...this wire TURNS ON the cd player when you turn the keybarral...so with a test light...turn your car onto REDS and find a power wire that lights up the test light when you do this...that should be the wire your after...

once these 3 wires a done...test it by turning it on and off...saving your radio station etc...make sure its working...

speaker wires are easy...have a dummy speaker with you if u can..

eaiest way to do this is...set ur CD player to play only to the front speakers...then connect the dummy speaker and you;ll soon find out which wires from the cd player are for the front speakers....now make your CD player play from left to right and out of the 2 front speaker wires, you'll know which on is left and right

back speakers are the same...make CD player play at the back and find out which wires are left and right..

put everything back and you should be sweet

refer to the installation paper or wire papers if you get confused...its to simple to just let someone else install it for ya =b

yoshimitsu9
9th October 2009, 04:16 PM
to add

perhaps try finding a a plug adaptor from jb, repco or super shit so you dont have to hack into the loom to join the wires + run new wires if you arent going for a super duper awsome stereo

Hazzard
12th October 2009, 09:22 PM
ok, thanks dudes its ok now one of my mates finally decided to get off his arse and help :) thanks for all the help.
Cheers,
Hazzard