PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber/fiber glass hatch

RolandGTV85
12th October 2009, 03:13 PM
Well.... We all know that if there is gunna be any rust in your car your gunna look in the hatch first. My car is absolutly rust free, however recently Ive noticed 1 tiny 5cent peice sized rust spot in the hatch. Anyways Im thinking of replacing my hatch with a fiber glass/carbon hatch since this is usally where rust begins. What I want to know is how well does your carbon/fiber glass hatch fit. Are these perfect fits/copies or do they not fit too well?

What brands are there?
where do I buy?
what sort of money are we looking at?

This is sort of technical so ive ive posted here.

Thanks

Shahzan
12th October 2009, 03:27 PM
As above, interested to know where to buy, and its price and isit straight fit? if you found a place to buy Roland, let me know, maybe if buy 2 might get discount

Rice86
12th October 2009, 03:53 PM
dont think you'll find a place that stock up on CF or FG hatches for ae86..

best bet would be to go to your local body kit garage that make bodykits or work with CF or FG and get them to make it for you...would cost a million dollars but so does ever other CF body part...

i know one guy in Syney that makes copy body kits and i plan to ask him to make me some CF parts once i decide i want CF parts...thats if he is still in the business and still local to me hahah

mack 10
12th October 2009, 08:25 PM
I have no idea about buying pre made parts. But composites is my department. First off if you wanted to tool your own parts you will be paying big bucks. Mould tooling isnt cheap even if your doing Eglass or carbon. To give you an idea we just finished tooling the moulds for the front bonnet of kevin weeks new lamborgini. Its around $8-9k all up including 1 finished bonnet. But this is in pre preg material. The finished bonnet will be around 2kg versus the 12kg stock aluminium bonnet.

Matt-AE86
12th October 2009, 09:49 PM
Roland, ken from infinite might have one and part with it for the right ammount. pm him i guess.