PDA

View Full Version : Engine Crane Needed

marlon
13th January 2009, 06:56 PM
hey guys,

im in need of an engine crane to pull out the 4ac and chuck in the 4age. i would buy one but ive only had to use one once before and im running out of space in the garage.

i'l pay a 'rental fee'

only problem is it needs to be dropped off as ive got no licence at the moment and the cars off the road. i live in dandenong.

let me know if you have one available.

cheers, marlon

JDM_KING
13th January 2009, 08:43 PM
hi buddy, why dont you just rent one from kennards i dandenong i know that they have engine.

marlon
13th January 2009, 08:55 PM
yeah but there really expensive, pretty much after 2 days you've fully paid off the crane

JDM_KING
13th January 2009, 09:06 PM
thats true :(

Hokey
13th January 2009, 11:59 PM
how much do they charge per day?

Sprinter86
14th January 2009, 12:03 AM
i paid about 70 from coates hire. but i think getting the crane to and from your house is more of an issue for you

adam
14th January 2009, 12:04 AM
$58 for 24hours.

Sam-Q
14th January 2009, 12:19 AM
yeah I think I can help you out, I can drop off that ECU to you too. I will send you a PM tomorrow ok?

marlon
14th January 2009, 01:40 AM
i was told a different figure, but it seems that its $58 per day as adam said...no worries sam- ive already got the ecu and igniter though.

Ksevn-T
19th January 2009, 09:44 PM
Marlon ive got a crane just isues on getting it over to dandy. Waiting on a mates Ke wagon to have its front end back on.

Mickey H
19th January 2009, 09:48 PM
Another option if you have a support beam in your garage/carport is a block and tackle. I hired an engine crane for 70$ a day from kennards, couldnt get it done in time so i bought a block and tackle for 80, definately got my moneys worth with the amount of times ive used it.

marlon
20th January 2009, 09:44 AM
Marlon ive got a crane just isues on getting it over to dandy. Waiting on a mates Ke wagon to have its front end back on.

thanks Alex but i got Sam-Q's crane. the 4AGE's in now so should be ready for some sliding action soon :)

Another option if you have a support beam in your garage/carport is a block and tackle. I hired an engine crane for 70$ a day from kennards, couldnt get it done in time so i bought a block and tackle for 80, definately got my moneys worth with the amount of times ive used it.

sounds like a good space saver- but my garage beams are rusty and thin, plus ive got far too much crap in my garage to move.

Ksevn-T
20th January 2009, 05:46 PM
Give us a bell!