PDA

View Full Version : 4age problem

ghetto ke
25th October 2009, 10:34 PM
I have a problem with my 4age ke70 the water pump keeps cracking thats the 2nd pump ive been frew im running a clutch fan would anyone have an idea what may be the problem.

todd
25th October 2009, 10:41 PM
Capital letters, punctuation and more detail.

Lets be honest, no-one is going to put in the effort to help you, unless you put the effort into your post to begin with.

ke70dave
25th October 2009, 11:54 PM
i do not know what the problem is it could be anything from 2 dodgy water pumps you have given us no information on how it cracked or why you think it might cracked or pictures of the pumps to show the cracks you dont even specifiy what 4age it is how do you expect us to be able to help you if you arent running a proper Japanese spec water pump do not use a clutch fan the adm water pumps apparently are not supposed to work with clutch fans as the bearings inside them aren't designed to handle the extra strain that is put on them from using a clutch fan

Cerby86
26th October 2009, 12:10 AM
I would say thats the answer in the above post. (im not sure whats more annoying, the bad original posts or all the people flaming :P )
As they said if you are running a pump which is meant to be fwd you can't run a clutch fan, becuase the housing isn't designed to hold that weight. ( though i was told its the bearings that would go).

Im running a fwd water pump and the way i fixed the problem was to go to the wreckers and buy a radiator out of an excel. the one with the top outlet in the middle.
It cam with thermo fans mounted on it and best of all it has a couple of temp sensors on the radiator. ones air temp and the other is water temp, i wasn't sure which operated the fan so i left them both on. All i had to do was mount the radiator and run two wires to the thermo fan for power.
the fan comes on by itself when it reaches temp. Possible one of the easiest mods ever!! Cheaper than getting a rwd water pump. Plus you get thermos, which are way better anyway. And you get a much better radiator!