PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to lower their car?

fatke
27th October 2009, 11:20 PM
hey guys since alot of ppl cant realli afford coilovers, lowered springs are the only way to go but why pay shitloads of money to fit them when you can do it yourself, so i was just wondering since i work at toyota i can get a spring compressor machine organised and have it installed at my house, but before i do that i want a show of hands on who would be needing to get their car lowered. i will charge $30 for the use of the machine
let me know guys
cheers dan

Dan_J
28th October 2009, 04:16 PM
price on the spring compressor machine it self?

guesing it wud only lower like 20-30 percent of origi springs?

*E7*
28th October 2009, 10:25 PM
how does it work?

heat or angle grinder ;)

seriously how does it work?

shichi~
28th October 2009, 10:51 PM
compresses the spring down

how much is mates rates :P

DRFTR86
28th October 2009, 11:07 PM
i think everyones thinking of another kind of spring compressor, the one daniel reffering to is.

its wall mounted, spring compresser, doesnt actual shorten your spring, compresses it so you safely remove shocker/strut, it will still return to the same length when loosened

good for people who want to fit shocks and new springs to there cars, but dont have an idea on how to safely remove the spring from the strut

fatke
28th October 2009, 11:31 PM
yeh thats correct drftr86 so if any1 wuld be interested i will like to help ppl out instead of people hurting themselves and doing it the dodgy way this equipment will be very expensive but it is very useful

Dan_J
29th October 2009, 06:06 PM
u can get the manual ones that u just use a socket to tighten/lower from autobarn etc dont see how the mech one is any much better/ use to me

but thats just my stupid opinion, sounds good that its safer/ easier etc with the mech one.

shift_rook
29th October 2009, 06:24 PM
dan if you want bring your car round to mine, i have a pretty good spring compressor, don't bother buyin some expensive piece of machinery, i've got some really good ones

Hokey
30th October 2009, 06:52 PM
i've never needed spring compressors in a corolla. cut springs putting std springs back in etc

fatke
1st November 2009, 01:18 AM
yeh no worries shift rook i got coilovers neway lol i just wanted to help out ppl but i guess nones is interested so there no point of getting it.