PDA

View Full Version : Need a car...

mitch
29th October 2009, 03:12 PM
My E30 shat itself and I need a car. I'm looking for a cheap, reliable old (KE**) Toyota in Perth. Anyone know of anything?

todd
29th October 2009, 05:44 PM
what happened to the e30? water issues?

mitch
29th October 2009, 06:37 PM
Nah. Was driving to work this morning, waiting at the Roe Hwy & Kalamunda road intersection. Car was idling, then all of a sudden stalled. I tried to turn it back on but couldn't... turns out it was the cam belt.

mitch
30th October 2009, 01:29 PM
Hahaha fuckkkkk... I went and had a look at a twinky (http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=33678) yesterday... guess who the previous owner (http://www.ae82.net/cars-sale/290-ae82-twin-cam-87-a.html) was? ;)

Todd, few questions.. are the right and left rear springs are unequal in height? The right hand guard is scraping on the tyre, but the left one isn't. When you take corners too hard it's worse.

Do you know what got done when it was reconditioned? I asked the guy who is selling it but he doesn't know.

Anything else you can tell me? Haha.. I thought it'd be a good idea to get some info off you about it.

todd
30th October 2009, 02:24 PM
what a gangster car.
it should still have vomit stains on the back seats. red from memory.

the head was fucked, i gave it a royal thrashing when i had it, so im presuming that its what was reco'd. the guy who has it now bought it off the dude i sold it to, who was a middle aged fella. knew his stuff.
the new owner, not so much lol.

wouldnt have a clue about the springs man, check for the rubbers, might be perished/missing on one side, or just not seated properly.

other than that, it ok.

mitch
30th October 2009, 05:50 PM
what a gangster car.
it should still have vomit stains on the back seats. red from memory.

the head was fucked, i gave it a royal thrashing when i had it, so im presuming that its what was reco'd. the guy who has it now bought it off the dude i sold it to, who was a middle aged fella. knew his stuff.
the new owner, not so much lol.

wouldnt have a clue about the springs man, check for the rubbers, might be perished/missing on one side, or just not seated properly.

other than that, it ok.
Yum! Vomit stains!

So it got reconditioned after you thrashed it or before? :shocked: Haha.

mitch
30th October 2009, 07:01 PM
Might get a Micra instead... :D