PDA

View Full Version : whats BEST: electrical or mechanical gauges?

Mr Awsome
29th October 2009, 05:56 PM
looking at getting some gauges for the 86, just wondering whats the best to get electrical or mechanical?

Touge Boy
29th October 2009, 06:29 PM
Aside from Boost or a vacuum gauge, which is only air, buy electrical gauges.

Fuck bring hot fluids under pressure into the cabin. Ive seen them let go, and the end result aint pretty.

Kid Karola
30th October 2009, 06:05 AM
Digital vs. Analogue? Analogue are arguably more accurate but it all comes down to calibration.

Mr Awsome
30th October 2009, 06:16 PM
interesting thinks i might go the speco digital gauges they seem fair for the price

driftke70
30th October 2009, 06:58 PM
oem

build shit right wont need to know too much other than oil pressure temp and water temp, knowing boost is a bit meh.

H8CHIR6KU
30th October 2009, 07:40 PM
you cant go wrong with electrical guages with their corresponding sender unit.

Touge Boy
30th October 2009, 09:20 PM
Digital vs. Analogue? Analogue are arguably more accurate but it all comes down to calibration.

I find Digital are harder to read on the fly.... analogue you just need to see the needles to get a good idea. And I HATE smoked face style gauges like defi etc, I find them very hard to read if they're in the sunlight.

Greddy warning meters with the bright as hell warning lights and buzzers FTW. I wish id ripped them out of the RX7 before I sold it.

Mr Awsome
30th October 2009, 09:45 PM
ain't using the OEM one coz the GZE don't run the same tacho, ill be using microtec dash unit plus other needed gauges in a custom surround possibly custom alloy dash board