PDA

View Full Version : video editing what do you use?

Mr Awsome
30th October 2009, 06:27 PM
video editing what do you use?
thinking of getting a video camera, just wanted to know what video editing programs you use.

svenmate
30th October 2009, 09:19 PM
I use Sony Vegas Pro. Its so easy to use and handles most formats. Only down side is my computer struggles to run it..

Konakid
30th October 2009, 09:28 PM
Also interested in this...

Intense
31st October 2009, 09:47 AM
Adobe Premiere CS4 and Adobe After effects CS4

Mr Awsome
2nd November 2009, 04:01 PM
interesting will have to have a look in to it. any idea of a half decent video cam?

Victim
4th November 2009, 12:52 AM
I use Sony Vegas Pro. Its so easy to use and handles most formats.

Seconded.

Vegas is great, nice and simple to work out how to do to the basics without needing to go back to school, great if you're one of those types that just like to give programs a whirl (like me).

Personally, i'm not a fan of Adobe Premier, even though i've got it. I find it annoyingly fiddly and far too technical. I will admit i only briefly tried to make it work and was constantly frustrated by it's seemingly user-unfriendliness (one of the only programs i contemplated buying one of those "idiots guides" for, or getting schooled.

I gave Vegas a whirl and never looked back. To be honest, i can't see the merit in struggling to learn something like Premier unless you're trying to create a Tarentino-quality film with all the bells and whistles, for entry level up to medium level needs, Vegas'll do you.

svenmate
5th November 2009, 09:11 AM
interesting will have to have a look in to it. any idea of a half decent video cam?

I use my dad's Sony HDR-SR7E and it wins!!
Its a 60gb HHD and is 6.1 megapixels. Not bad for around 1k.

I recommend downloading the demos for all the above programs and just trying them out. Everyone has their own styles and preferences so the best way to decide is to see for yourself.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
5th November 2009, 02:30 PM
Adobe Premiere CS4 and Adobe After effects CS4
+1

Quite easy to use too.

Instigator
5th November 2009, 04:31 PM
Cyberlink Power Director. Noob proggie?

driftism
8th November 2009, 09:32 PM
windows movie maker. it came free with my xp :)

driftke70
9th November 2009, 10:09 PM
hehe always used windows movie maker, will look into other things with new footage.

MeZ Prod
9th November 2009, 10:13 PM
I use vegas, easy as to use and still fairly powerful.
Also been told Edius is a goodie

Victim
13th November 2009, 11:00 AM
windows movie maker. it came free with my xp :)

DEATH! DEATH TO MOVIEMAKER!

Haha... never have i used a program that crashes with such alarming regularity. You could set your watch by it. AND YOU'D HAVE A WATCH WITH THE CORRECT TIME!

Maybe it's just because microsoft cannot comprehend my amazing 1337 movie hacks.

letsgohunting
7th February 2010, 07:21 PM
super late to this, but apple final cut pro which is industry standard in film world. final cut express is better value but not quiiite as powerful with renderings and certain features.

obviously you need an apple to run it though.