PDA

View Full Version : Surge tank vl pump wiring ?????

AIROCOBRA
3rd November 2009, 02:17 PM
Hi Guys , I am a bit of a ' dalt !!! ' when it comes to wiring ---- so here is my stupid ??? When fitting a VL efi pump after the surge tank --- Where do you wire it to ????? . Can you splice into wires to fuel tank lift pump ? or do you have to run wires to front of car , to ignition ???

Hen may possibly be a nut
3rd November 2009, 09:29 PM
You can splice into the wires running your lift pump *IF* they are big enough to supply the current a VL pump pulls. I measured back in the day and I think a VL pump draws 3-4 amps. Not heaps, but you don't want to use pissy little wires.

If in doubt run new, well sized wires and always make sure the pumps are run through a relay and aren't just switched with ignition (use a circuit opening relay or tachometric relay).

Hen

sidewayz_70
4th November 2009, 05:54 PM
mine is wired in a circuit with relay. when ignition is on the lift pump is on then when engine starts the vl pump kicks in. i tried running both pumps + to + and - to - wires from the ecu and it kept blowing the fuse, then i realised it had to be wired up in a circuit. dont earth near the taillights.

1sik20valve
19th November 2009, 03:53 AM
y cant u earth near the taillights , ive earthed mine on the rear beaver panel?
no good?

todd
19th November 2009, 03:55 AM
mine is also earthed just under the taillights.
had no problems so far.