PDA

View Full Version : maxing my castor?

.ady
5th November 2009, 05:38 PM
Car - spoontar

motor - na

use - na

problem - wheels will rub against front bar?

occurs/started when - when i plan to max my castor?

personal situation -

ohk so i plan to max my castor but i've been reading/ i know that i need to cut my front bar slightly....i just want an idea how much to cut off, tools you guys used during the process i.e jigsaw? please note ive got stock castor rods and obviously plan to max them.

http://i37.tinypic.com/108egz6.jpg

with the pic above i plan to cut along there but i want to keep as much of my front bar as i can jst becuz i want to? and also do i need to go all the way down or sud i stop somewhere?

i hope hao doesnt mind me using this but

http://i38.tinypic.com/104oim8.jpg

is that cut too much? or jst enough?

EDIT: stock castor rods will be maxed out...current hieght i think is 210mm? might go 200mm pending how my new wheels sit

hao.
5th November 2009, 10:50 PM
I don't mind :P

Do what Dave said man. My current bumper is spaced forwards with washers. Don't wreck your bumper, that one^ was cut when i got it so I had no choice.

.ady
5th November 2009, 11:15 PM
yea i prob will do that then... easier then hacking my front bar... does it look weird tho? got piccys :D

resol
6th November 2009, 02:03 AM
do you even know why your maxing your castor, or are you just doing it because you read it on the intawebz?

run as much as you can without it scrubing on the bar, if after driving it you want more then by all means wind it up more. spacing the bar forwards seems to be the thing to do.

-dan

Rice86
6th November 2009, 12:13 PM
do you even know why your maxing your castor, or are you just doing it because you read it on the intawebz?

run as much as you can without it scrubing on the bar, if after driving it you want more then by all means wind it up more. spacing the bar forwards seems to be the thing to do.

-dan

yeah...i did this...was told jsut feels better...i ended winding mine a bit further back...max castor didnt fit my driving style..80-90% was perfect

as to scrubbing on the bar...moving it forward is best and if still need to be, then chainsaw that shit and cable tie spec is street credit :))

resol
6th November 2009, 02:47 PM
yeah...i did this...was told jsut feels better...i ended winding mine a bit further back...max castor didnt fit my driving style..80-90% was perfect

as to scrubbing on the bar...moving it forward is best and if still need to be, then chainsaw that shit and cable tie spec is street credit :))

yeh true. not to mention max castor + max camber = fail understeer.

theres no option but to chop on *E7*, and i think the guards might be closer too...

-dan

.ady
8th November 2009, 01:07 AM
you got me dan! i have to come clean and be honest now...yea i dnt know wot it does...i jst do it cuz i saw it on the intawebzzzzzzzz

also i dnt know wot adj sway bars do nor do i know wot ibs are i jst think they look and sound kool....i saw it on the intawebz and alot of people have it on here so i thought to myself fuck thats JDM AS so i did it tooo

ohh i even bought a ae86 truneo bcuz i saw it on initial d and everyone knows THAT IS FUCKING JDM AS FUCK! so fucking + rep for me

i think i've said enough....i dnt want to embarass or myself look like a dick anymore

thanks for the help and feedback...keep us posted on ur mods so i can be jdm too

resol
8th November 2009, 01:30 AM
you got me dan! i have to come clean and be honest now...yea i dnt know wot it does...i jst do it cuz i saw it on the intawebzzzzzzzz

also i dnt know wot adj sway bars do nor do i know wot ibs are i jst think they look and sound kool....i saw it on the intawebz and alot of people have it on here so i thought to myself fuck thats JDM AS so i did it tooo

ohh i even bought a ae86 truneo bcuz i saw it on initial d and everyone knows THAT IS FUCKING JDM AS FUCK! so fucking + rep for me

i think i've said enough....i dnt want to embarass or myself look like a dick anymore

thanks for the help and feedback...keep us posted on ur mods so i can be jdm too

+rep ;)

-dan

lolwat
8th November 2009, 11:00 AM
yeh true. not to mention max castor + max camber = fail understeer.

theres no option but to chop on *E7*, and i think the guards might be closer too...

-dan
not trying to Hijack

with the caster+camber= under steer fail, are you meaning it reduces under steer or increases it

hachi_dk
8th November 2009, 11:13 AM
hes saying too much of both causes understeer.
theres a balance to achieve better handling and maxxing everything is not the way

resol
8th November 2009, 12:54 PM
hes saying too much of both causes understeer.
theres a balance to achieve better handling and maxxing everything is not the way

^^^ what he said.

clearly ".ady" thinks im a bit of a knob, not trying to be. was a bit rude what i said, but meant as a quetion of intent rather then accusation of misinformation.

-dan

.ady
8th November 2009, 08:19 PM
well some good came out of it i got +reps :D