PDA

View Full Version : ae71 4age LPG QLD

insane
8th November 2009, 11:50 AM
Vehicle information:AE71 Spirit, smallport 4age LPG

Condition:a little knocked around.

Price:$3500 asking

up for sale is my 1984 corolla spirit.

Exterior: Hasn't had the best of treatment. Was repainted a year ago but has been crashed twice since... Once was front end damage and i replace all panels with brand new aftermarket ones and a second hand bonnet. The left rear quater was hit a few weeks ago, not my fault, and has been repaird quickly by me. It's not all bog. There is a little of course but only to smooth out the ripples. I have put on a little undercoat untill i finish it so it doesen't rust. there has been small amounts of rust but i ground them back and treated it before painting or repairing it.

Interior: standard spitit pretty much... Gotta love that in dash tacho.

suspension and brakes: Jap spec Tureno font vented brakes with slotted rotors, cusco adjustable camber tops, low king springs and tokio front shocks. low king springs and peders shocks in the rear with RA40 celica rear drums.

Engine and driveline: twincam smallport motor running aftermarket dizzy controller and single point LPG injection.was dyno'd at 100hp atw on LPG. This car is not dual fuel. Motor runs the standard v belt system off the 4a and is a very simple setup. The exaust has been tuned for the motor and is fairly sedate but flows very well. Also has TRD extractors. Standard 5 speed gearbox. Driveshaft is a standard tureno one as it has a ra40 celica diff housing with 4.3 diffgears and TRD lsd.

I built this car as a fun and ultra cheap daily driver. Currently it costs me around $17 a tank of fuel and i get around 300k out of that around town... I have not yet modplated the motor but only needs a catilitic converter to comply. I'm selling this car because my job now requires me to have a ute.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/scareylint/IMG_0218.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/scareylint/IMG_0220.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/scareylint/03152009109.jpg

lolwat
8th November 2009, 01:25 PM
so this does not run on petrol at all???
do you still have the fuel pumps etc etc in the car

would you have a price without LPG kit in it(in know its a bit stupid but yea)

bg89
8th November 2009, 02:02 PM
yeah what kinda works involved getting it back to run on good old petrol?

insane
8th November 2009, 02:25 PM
for 3500 i'll throw in a set of sidraft dellorto's, manifold and fuel pump. all you'll need is to buy another fuel tank. the fuel lines are all still in the car.

why lpg five dollar man? $17 a tank of fuel... I drive up to an hour and a half each way for work every day... show me a cheaper option as reliable... LPG can provide the same power output as petrol if tuned right as 100hp atw surely proves as this motor has no other mods...

Biggus
8th November 2009, 02:27 PM
This is awesome - I'd be all over it in a second if it were down here.

Biggus
8th November 2009, 08:25 PM
100hp = roughly 75kw, right? Who gives a shit how many cylinders it has? Cheap petrol = more money to buy fasts for it.

shift_rook
8th November 2009, 08:36 PM
if you could save yourself $10 a day would you? good price man, i doubt you'll have any trouble sellin her

insane
8th November 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys, hope not.

600 a week? I take home well over double that so yes, I will drive that far. I'm in industrial construction and they just don't build enough major shopping complexes close to my house not too.... Any way enough of taking my own thread off track...

This car is an awesomely fun daily driver and ridiclously cheap... also now comes with two brand new taillights. :)

focus_7
8th November 2009, 10:15 PM
How many Km to a tank?

lolwat
8th November 2009, 11:04 PM
How many Km to a tank?
stated 300

tuff te-72
9th November 2009, 12:23 PM
lol wntdae86 full hater, leave the man to sell his car dude

if you were in melb i d consider it bad, 5 bucks would take me from one side of the western ring road and back

rthy
9th November 2009, 01:48 PM
there was a test with a stock st20v with lpg direct injection and got 123kw at the fly...
(piggy ecu and lpg injectors)

resol
9th November 2009, 03:50 PM
this is sick! who cares what fuel it uses, it make more power tuned on gas then on petrol as if you would want to convert it back.

gl with sale man.

-dan

insane
9th November 2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys. Apparently, for anyone concidering my car or gassing their own, a turbo is the best upgrade... I was told that lpg and my setup would go vey well without any real serious mods to the injection setup... Was gonna do that next but need a ute...

matt99
9th November 2009, 05:25 PM
lol well who is a dick driving that long to work for $600 a week ...... it still a 4 banger no lpg needed in 4 bangers

You, are a dead set moron.

If I could be fucked, I would play with gas on my SR.

Theres a guy out East running straight gas on a turbo 4K that makes 73RWKW, how can you argue with that?

Oh wait, your from Footscray, that explains it.

Nic19
9th November 2009, 05:51 PM
matt with a dead set good call!
someone buy it and turbo it straight gas stylz

lolwat
9th November 2009, 07:04 PM
matt with a dead set good call!
someone buy it and turbo it straight gas stylz
put it this way if i had the money, i would on a flight to brissy NOW

All Drift Modifications
10th November 2009, 02:19 PM
Why is everyone hating the fact that its on gas??

LPG = WIN in my books. Probably the only 4A-GE I will like.

I'm going to put my SR20DET on gas just like matt99

julzy
10th November 2009, 05:07 PM
adm wants to be matt,

ps. bargain price

wntdae86
10th November 2009, 05:37 PM
You, are a dead set moron.

If I could be fucked, I would play with gas on my SR.

Theres a guy out East running straight gas on a turbo 4K that makes 73RWKW, how can you argue with that?

Oh wait, your from Footscray, that explains it.

so what if i am from footscray it better then where you live !!!! and its a 4 banger like the fuel cost is that high and all i am saying is that there is no piont in putting them on gas

Brenton 86
10th November 2009, 05:57 PM
Friggin bargin! Can someone clean the retarded anti-LPG comments out of the thread. With your current brakes and suspension add cheap turbo and it would be a weapon!

Biggus
10th November 2009, 06:18 PM
its a 4 banger like the fuel cost is that high and all i am saying is that there is no piont in putting them on gas

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh3/Biggus_album/fail.jpg

matt99
10th November 2009, 07:12 PM
so what if i am from footscray it better then where you live !!!! and its a 4 banger like the fuel cost is that high and all i am saying is that there is no piont in putting them on gas

Well:

A) You have no idea where I live.
B) No, Footscray is simply not better than where I live.
C) As stated by biggus, your final comment made little sense.

Now, I can see this turning into more of an argument and going on and on. So instead ill leave you with my above statements, let you read over everything once or twice more and hopfully, eventually, you will realise that your opinion (nor mine, or the majority of people) is worthless on a forum.

insane
10th November 2009, 08:29 PM
Well, this is my first car on straight LPG. Much better than i expected, and some good suprises too...

LPG is a much cleaner fuel than the others. Meaning no smoke or soot at full throttle, unburnt fuel is of course a clear gas. Also, the oil stays clean! Doesen't go black at all. have to keep an eye on your services. :)

LPG mixes better with air. Obviously, it's a gas. Therefore, cleaner more efficient burn and single point injection works very well. Also for performance applications, no "wet spots" in manifolds etc.

LPG doesen't need a choke and is much better to drive on cold than a carbie setup.

LPG is very cold when it decompresses and has a cooling effect on the motor reducing chances of overheating and I'm also guessing that's why LPG is good with a turbo...

Also in QLD there is a goverment grant for putting your car on LPG. After the grant my installation cost was around $400. I think i made that money back in 4 weeks of driving... And it was gonna cost 800 to have my side drafts re jetted anyway.

lolwat
10th November 2009, 09:51 PM
LPG is very cold when it decompresses and has a cooling effect on the motor reducing chances of overheating and I'm also guessing that's why LPG is good with a turbo...

the converter has heater hoses running to it to heat the LPG, so its not actually that COLD