PDA

View Full Version : starting issues...

dori_86
14th November 2009, 01:09 AM
ok so it's been fairly hot the last couple of days and my car (ae86 with smallport bottom end/big port head 4age)
started not turning over, on first turn of the key but would fire up on the second...? weird..?
just put it down to the high temps messing with the car somehow?

-but today went for a 20-30 min drive (around 5pm) stopped turned off car, went back to it in about 3-5 mins and car wouldnt start at all

-then about 3 hrs later (8pm) went back started it up first go.. and moved the car like 20 metres then turned off

-started again at 11pm and started first time...?

im going to look into it tomorrow, im thinking its a dodgy starter motor ? as the battery should have had enough charge after a 30 min drive if it was that..

OR i dont even know if it remotely possible... but i have extractors that go higher than normal and do close to the distributor (i already have it wraped in heat sheild) that possiblt the build of of heat in this area caused the problem...

lolwat
14th November 2009, 12:40 PM
if it turning over and not firing, dont blame the starter motor, if its not turning at all and just making a clicking noise, its either battery is dieing/dead or the start motor