PDA

View Full Version : what model sigma lca's do i use on my 86

bradae86
14th November 2009, 08:34 PM
hey guys i am building a street stock speedway car and have been told i can out sigma lower control arms for a bit of extra length in my 86. can any give me details if this is so. also what year model sigma they are off and part numbers etc. that i need to no to find these parts and make sure there the right ones.
thanks lads

Konakid
14th November 2009, 09:34 PM
You dont, use XT130 corona lca's they are 10mm longer.

Sigmas are around 30mm, too much IMO but people have used them with sucess but you will need camber tops to bring the camber back in with the minimum you can dial out about -3

The XT130's give -1.5 degrees camber at a lowered height and defintely improve the front end stability.

boost+k
16th November 2009, 07:06 AM
ge sigma i believe, 1978-1980... and yea -3 or more camber, so space your rear the same amount if you want it to handle

GEMTA22
16th November 2009, 09:41 AM
Longer LCA's allow you to increase the track with out increasing the scrub radius...bad for steering wheel kick back and sort of bad for handling.
More negative offset wheels, NRCAs both increase the scrub radius. If you use a longer LCA, you can increase the track (more potential grip) and camber the most effective way IMO.
One other side effect is that the front wheel rate (effective spring rate) increases because the spindle is pushed out further as well...the CG has less leverage over the springs during cornering. So you are recommended not to increase more than 10mm.

resol
16th November 2009, 10:07 AM
i ran xt130 LCA then put sigma arms in and i prefered the sigma's. they hook into the corner more.

your after the GH model, but i think the GE and other might be the same. they have a "press in" ball joint, as uposed to the bolt on type and are 330mm long.

FYI the bush needs to be gut down 5mm or so to fit in the car.

-dan

hachi_dk
16th November 2009, 12:36 PM
ive got GJ sigmas and the bushes had to be chopped by about 2mm each side so a total of about 4mm to 5mm.
also, the balljoints are bolt in and they didnt fit stock ae86 pw/s arms so i had to get the balljoints machined down.
GJ sigmas are about 340mm-350mm.

Clinton
16th November 2009, 02:05 PM
GH sigma

resol
16th November 2009, 09:00 PM
ive got GJ sigmas and the bushes had to be chopped by about 2mm each side so a total of about 4mm to 5mm.
also, the balljoints are bolt in and they didnt fit stock ae86 pw/s arms so i had to get the balljoints machined down.
GJ sigmas are about 340mm-350mm.

yeh those are the "bolt in type" i was talking about that dont fit/are too long to be useable....

-dan