PDA

View Full Version : F series crown onto T series centre

hachi_dk
15th November 2009, 08:38 PM
Car -ae86

motor - 20v, disk to disk, T series zenki OEM LSD

use - daily/drift

problem - after some spirited driving, my diff started winding quite loudly under decelleration, think that the crown wheel is finished

occurs/started when - after some spirited driving/drifting

personal situation - heard some rumours that a F series crown wheel from a Tarago? are 4.3:1 ratio and fit onto a T series centre?
not sure if this is true but would like to know if anyone has tried this etc etc.

also, any other crown wheels that could be used on my t series that are pretty easy to come across.

any help is much appreciated.

shift_rook
15th November 2009, 08:44 PM
i got one, it's a 3.77 thuough :D

OMG866
15th November 2009, 08:45 PM
not sure if this wil help. but i heard today of another member that E series internals will got into a T series with just alittle bit of grinding to the housing. im not sure if this is tru. would love to hear someone come forward that knows ???

hachi_dk
15th November 2009, 10:10 PM
i got one, it's a 3.77 thuough :D

ooo do you have the cw + p?
how much?

Hen may possibly be a nut
16th November 2009, 08:26 PM
F stuff fitting in T series housing - No.

E series complete centre and axles fitting in T housing - Yes if you enlarge the big hole in the front of the housing about 2mm in diameter, and drill up the stud holes in the centre about 2mm so they suit the stud pattern. Never done it, but heard of it twice independantly from sources I'd trust. EDIT - Just saw you had a disk to disk, E-series will NOT work here, bearing retainers are different and the bearings are different too.

But you'd be best of keeping your T series and finding a new crown wheel and pinion. You can find them new, or in any older Celica (some TA22s, RA40, RA60, some Coronas, etc). You have to swap crownwheel and pinion as a set.

Hen

hachi_dk
16th November 2009, 08:29 PM
F stuff fitting in T series housing - No.

E series complete centre and axles fitting in T housing - Yes if you enlarge the big hole in the front of the housing about 2mm in diameter, and drill up the stud holes in the centre about 2mm so they suit the stud pattern. Never done it, but heard of it twice independantly from sources I'd trust.

But you'd be best of keeping your T series and finding a new crown wheel and pinion. You can find them new, or in any older Celica (some TA22s, RA40, RA60, some Coronas, etc). You have to swap crownwheel and pinion as a set.

Hen

cheers mate.
will go looking through some toyota wreckairs

ae86
16th November 2009, 08:44 PM
what ratio u after man, pm me.

Golberg
16th November 2009, 09:13 PM
cheers mate.
will go looking through some toyota wreckairs

The only Australian sold car you'll find 4.3 T-series ratio in though is a Auto RA28 which is quite an uncommon sight in any wrecking yards. All other ratios you'll find will be either 4.1 or 3.9.

hachi_dk
17th November 2009, 01:43 AM
also:
anyone know why my diff ratio is 3.3?
i thought they were like 4.3 stock?
also what diff's came with a 3.3 ratio out of the corona's and t18's etc.

ae86
17th November 2009, 11:04 AM
no only jdm 86 is 4.3 stock, depends what who your diff was made up by and what car donated the diff, corona have 3.7, 3.9 and 4.11(auto) t18 has 4.11 also im fairly sure. but thats the best ratio ull get out of an aus delivered T series diff, and their pretty rare these days most people in melb have molested them for the closer ratios.

Buck
17th November 2009, 03:30 PM
ra40 4.1
t18 3.7 3.9

shift_rook
17th November 2009, 05:07 PM
yeah t-18s have either 3.7's or 3.9's
i've got 2 setsqof 3.7's