PDA

View Full Version : defected !

gooza
16th November 2009, 05:27 PM
hey guys just got defected today on cross road because of clearance of my exhaust and bald tyres.

i havent been defected before so im not entirely sure how to go about it correctly. yes it's a regency defect so the copper told me i need a stock steering wheel (which i don't have) new set of tyres ALL round...and need the exhaust over the diff...

just wondering if you guys could give me a bit of advice...plus i need a stock wheel haha

cheers lads

ae86
16th November 2009, 05:55 PM
go to local wreckers, look for a twin cam 16v steering wheel out of a FWD corolla they are passable since they have padding in the middle, go to exhaust joint get exhaust modified to be an overdiff setup, shouldnt cost too much, and tyres just get 2nd hand roadworthy ones, easy done.

gooza
16th November 2009, 06:10 PM
yeah sick one, cheers

R&D Mechanical
16th November 2009, 06:22 PM
then you have to make sure EVERYTHING is in top shape, they go thro everything and will defect you again even for the littlest shit

Slimer86
16th November 2009, 07:10 PM
Depending where you are, I have steering wheel and roadworthy wheels.

gooza
16th November 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah as far as i know everything else is fine because he went over it and yeah thats all he picked up on, he was a good bloke too.

lucifer i'm around the mitcham area, is that anywhere near you because that would be so good, cheers

ke_70
16th November 2009, 07:38 PM
cops know nothing
regancey check everything they spend about an hour looking over it.

dori_86
16th November 2009, 08:13 PM
yeah regency can be a hassle, so maybe get a mechanic to look over AND under your car esp for slight leaks

sometimes they can be nazi-like a mate had a little bit of metal showing on his pedals, they will not pass him then and make him come back once he had installed a $2 piece of rubber even tho everyhting else was ok....

gooza
16th November 2009, 11:12 PM
fuckkkk alrighty well i'll take a look into that. i just finished putting the stock rear springs in, they were a bitch coz of the fuckin exhaust under the diff, but got it done. found some stockies off a mate too so all i need now is a wheel and hopefully she'll be sweet...

gooza
16th November 2009, 11:37 PM
love you elliot

R&D Mechanical
16th November 2009, 11:51 PM
pmed you mate might have some parts for you aswell :)

Tim.duncan
17th November 2009, 02:37 AM
make sure you have no leaks at all, check your diff and also at the rear wheels.

grab your driver and passenger seat and give it a good shake back and forth if there is a bit of movment try your best to tighten everything up, they WILL fail you on this, they did for me. I had to reweld all the suports and one of the montings on the floor.

They will put the car threw a braking test so make sure your brakes are working well, this includes from left and right.

The exhaust has to be under 90 Db at 3000 rpm so make sure she is not to loud.

also check there is nothing silly like wiring loom cable tied to fuel lines.

If you have a pod it needs to be conected to the body of the car.

Be polite and answer any questions they have truefully, dont be a smart arse and they arnt that bad

Slimer86
17th November 2009, 02:04 PM
Be polite and answer any questions they have truefully, dont be a smart arse and they arnt that bad

Agreed!
Make sure the small but safetly critical things are done.
Brake hoses restrained with fork clips on the front struts, ball joints/tie rod's not knocking and brakes all work well, seatbelts not frayed.
Give the brakes a change of fluid and bleed before you go.

Steam clean under the car, and looking peachy.

Konakid
17th November 2009, 02:22 PM
Seatbelts not frayed
exhaust under 92db
no steering freeplay
wiperwork
all lights work
heater works
all bushes not cracked
handbrake locks up
no structural rust
stock wheel has tight trim on it (cant move it)
pedal rubbers good
decent tyres
NO oil leaks, degrease everything

That about it, not that hard really.

gooza
17th November 2009, 06:41 PM
thanks heaps guys, will be a big help :)

ke70 xx
17th November 2009, 06:50 PM
I got a stock wheel you can use. Can take it. Its just taking up space at my house.

ke_70
17th November 2009, 09:37 PM
while we're on this regancy subject
do you rekon id get through with a drift button with the spring back in?
i lost my stock one :(

lolwat
17th November 2009, 09:56 PM
no metal showing a on pedals and your car can leak oil as long as it does not form a drop as that is pollution(yes your whole car can be covered in oil and as long it doesn't drip)

slidwayz
24th November 2009, 12:47 AM
i got a stock wheel legAL stockies if u want.0432265291

NoScreen
28th November 2009, 10:50 PM
Hey nick, i got a full set of stockies and a stock wheel at my place if you still need em dude + im like 1 street away from you lol

ke70kid86
25th January 2010, 12:10 PM
i thort u went well to get no cop attention all that time nick, haha.
i would offer you all the spares but just moved and got rid of all my rolla stuff as no longer needed. lucky i got rid of that cream one, other wise im sure i would have been in the same boat.