PDA

View Full Version : AE71 build...

Brendan
20th November 2009, 03:25 PM
Hi guys, might be getting a bit ahead of myself as i dont have the car yet... but im pretty confident i'll be getting it...

if i dont get it it will be a KE70 build instead lol

anyways the idea is a 1UZ slider AE71...

s13 front coilies, falcon rear springs, low as fuck, stripped, flaired guards,

all the things that make a drifter basically...

hoping to get out to mallala early next year to battle my mate in his THRASHWORKS ke70 sr20det... (lumpy)

might make a walk off front (like fast eddys and my m8 lumpys)

anyways ill keep posting when i get somewhere...

Brendan

Brendan
24th November 2009, 08:39 AM
have decided to go with the xt130 struts and brakes and sigma LCA's instead of s13 shit... purely for the fact that i went to my mates house and saw a wrecked rona to donate parts from :)

havnt managed to get the car yet because i havnt actually spoken to the owner of it...

jayvee
24th November 2009, 09:09 AM
Im on the same road. Keep it updated :) 1uz.. heavy much? lol

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 09:21 AM
1uz 176 kilo's, 4age just over 126 so yeah and extra 50 or so kilos but it easily makes up for it in awesomeness

Brendan
24th November 2009, 11:04 AM
plus a turbo to make the 4age any fun at all... lol

50kg's is fuck all really... ill just drift with a full tank to keep it even :P lol

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 11:13 AM
exactly right

Brendan
24th November 2009, 05:19 PM
argh!!!! ive knocked about a thousand times on thier door!!! i only ever get them sometimes and they tell me the owner doesnt live there, so i ask them to tell the owner to call me so i can offer her money for the AE71 in the yard... no phone calls yet :( im going to persist tho...

MUST... BUY... AE... 71... AND... DRIFT...

ive only found 2 AE71's in my town and dont wanna let this one slip...

does anyone feel my pain? lol

Eddy
24th November 2009, 05:49 PM
a lil bit lol, go down to port augusta and drop notes there to, im sure theres a few down there

Brendan
25th November 2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, went to the house again today, door was answered... owner is currently in pt. augusta or ceduna... car isnt registered or running at the moment, so im thinkin $200 is the go :)

hopefully owner will be back within a week and they have my number so i will be contacted when they hear from her :)

im just soo keen to get this car, get the XT130 shit in the front, and start sliding it without the 1uz, then save for that, take it off the road and do the build properly, ive got a mad colour scheme in mind aswell...

lumpye7
26th November 2009, 12:05 AM
haha hackage of lumpys account...

this is brendan here lol...

lumpy will be scared of me on the track... lol i manage to make him laugh drifting in my ute... (89 hilux, $800 special, no handbrake, pure feint and compression lock drifts at about 60-70 full lock entries sticking in as close as i can to the gutters lol)

8===(,,,)=D

peace out :P

Brendan
26th November 2009, 10:05 PM
*****UPDATE*****

Put a deposit on my new motor :)

$1500 for a front cut, cant complain with that!!!

First real progress for my project :) 1UZ-FE SLIDER!!!

who knows, i might get bored of the power after a while and throw a turbo/s on it :)

lumpye7
27th November 2009, 12:03 AM
haha ahh ya prick... stealin ma identity an shit.... lol

good job with the mota.. hurry up an get a shel so we can start buildin this shit.

an yea.. the 'lux is nuts..

lol

peace.

Clinton
27th November 2009, 02:35 AM
IMO if you haven't already bought the car, why not just settle for a ke70? Not like you'll be using much of the gear for a 4a conversion anyway.

Brendan
27th November 2009, 09:19 AM
The thing is I'm on a very tight budget, and I'm thinking I can sell the t50 and the radiator and probably cross member (exchange for a ke70 one of course lol)

I'm hoping I can get the 71 for $200 max.

Brendan
28th November 2009, 04:34 PM
Need ideas for box? W58 is expensive and I'm not sure if they make adapter bellhousing?

Any input ould be great :-)

celica 5 spd might be ok if it can handle the power. I've heard they can take about 250hp

:-)

arrex7
29th November 2009, 09:07 AM
your on the right track i seen on one of the sites was just a flat plate that bolted to the auto bell housing then up to the w58 and had the hydraulic clutch inside it.
you can get your w55 w57 w58 all basicly the same just different ratios.
ive got a w5? out of a corona that was bolted to a 22re sittin in the shed not sure if its for sale yet deppends on what i get offered.
but good luck on the project

Brendan
29th November 2009, 10:49 AM
Hmm from a corona aye? Yeah I know they make bellhousing to fit for the w58, shoulda worded it better, I'm not sure if they make them for like a w56 or some of the other boxes, or even if they might be the same?

Is it a standard gearbox from the corona? And what model corona if it is?

I've done some research and the 1UZ has 191kw at the flywheel which could be a problem for a celica box.

May need to go w58 or better?

arrex7
29th November 2009, 08:04 PM
as far as im aware w56 57 58 same boxes just the ratios slightly different.
as far as what corona it is rt141??
i think
not 100% sure as it was behind a 22re motor that i got
so it was either a corona avanti, celica, one of them.

Brendan
1st December 2009, 11:18 AM
ive been searchin for 1uz manual conversions... castle main rod shop reckons that if i threw $5k at it i would be right... HAHA fuck that

i think i'll source up the parts myself and maybe use paperclips and rubber bands to do it...

arrex7
1st December 2009, 11:55 PM
been havin a look man the bellhousing and clutch is gonna be more then what you paid for the motor. cheapest ive seen is about 1400.........
hhhhmmmm 3000 for motor clutch not incuding box and your gonna stick it in a $200 (hopefully) ke70......gotta luv your enthusiasm lol
but good luck anyway i look forward to the updates on how your goin.

Javal
2nd December 2009, 12:09 AM
Hi homeboys.

They do make an adaptor plate for 1UZ - W55-56-57-58 (are almost identical bar ratios and shifter position), however unless you treat it with mechanical sympathy it will go bang. The 1UZ has a bit more torque than anything most versions of the W58 were designed to handle regularly. R154 is a safer, if pricer option.

Arrex7, The gearbox you have is a W55 from an RT142 Corona.

The 1UZ is an ambitious conversion, good luck to you.

Brendan
2nd December 2009, 02:49 AM
eh my mate threw an SR20DET in a $50 bush car haha

the thing is wild...

i might go see about the AE71 today... i think if i cant get it soon ill just have to get my mates KE70 :(

really wanted to be able to sell conversion parts :( oh well

marvis
2nd December 2009, 05:18 PM
1UZ + Falcon springs + W5x = Failure.

Brendan
2nd December 2009, 08:31 PM
marvis + negativity = go fuck yourself...

im not lookin to go 60k's into a corner with a 4A...

arrex7
2nd December 2009, 09:34 PM
thanx javal for clearin that up for me .

and is your mate that one up at whyalla is it?

white ke70 seen that at drift practice couple of months ago havent had much of a chance of watching the drifts lately as im drivin my own ke70 drift car.
but hope you hear about your ae71 soon so we can get some pics of this goin together.

lumpye7
3rd December 2009, 12:29 AM
lol yea. thats me.

the $50 bush car gone crazy..lol

< as can be seen in my dp, its black now tho.

cant wait till this thing gets into the build. its gonna be good fun.. :DD

hope to see some fellas out at malalla, we will be there reppin whyalla!

go the rollas! :soldier:

build thread > http://www.ke70.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1467

Brendan
3rd December 2009, 05:52 PM
went and sussed out the alternative today, lumpys spare car... which was my car before haha... few dings here and there but i can guarantee this thing will be gettin battlescars anyway!!!

arrex7
3rd December 2009, 08:04 PM
what no go on the other one?
i probably should start a thread about my drift rolla.
hhhhmmmmmm its only a budget one though.

Brendan
4th December 2009, 12:43 AM
yeah im still gonna try to get the ae but makin sure ive got a backup, i am havin troubles gettin hold of the owner...

would be kinda cool to get the KE as it was my car once upon a time but its a flat front :( oh well lol

gonna start next weekend hopefuly and will include pics and prices of everything i do so that i can prove these 'non-believers' wrong lol...

Brendan
8th December 2009, 06:58 PM
im getting my motor on monday :-) so ill be in adelaide on monday :) anyone got a 1UZ *E7* they wanna let me look at
? Hehehe

arrex7
13th December 2009, 09:27 PM
sooo what the word on the donor body???

lumpye7
14th December 2009, 09:42 AM
well as far as it stands atm, hes using my spare shell.

no luck has come from getting in touch with the owner of the ae71.

so we will start getting the spare ke prepped and start making the crosmember an shit.

that way, if brendan can get the ae71, the ke is prepped for my spare again.

will be good to get a start on this thing. :thumbup:

look after my trailer fag! haha

arrex7
14th December 2009, 08:24 PM
mine should be home by satdy think i might have to start takin a few pics and doin my own thread me thinks

Brendan
15th December 2009, 09:17 PM
GOOD NEWS!!!! ive got my 1UZ :D

went and picked it up yesterday :) just need the car now :P

Brendan
17th December 2009, 10:23 AM
going to make a start on this thing very soon... still undecided on the box... Thinkin r154 but dunno, pricey but more reliable... ive heard that its the selector forks that go in the w58s?

Brendan
20th December 2009, 09:50 PM
ok have now decided on a t56 instead... 6 speed rolla :D

last night shift tonight then getting stuck into it, ive got a car now, not the ae71 as planned but the flat front that used to be mine...

so first things first is to strip the fron cut and get the trans off... then strip the keto, ive found an adapter bellhousing for $200 for the t56 so ill purchase that soon... still gotta get a box tho :(

im itchin to get out on the track so i needa get my arse into gear and hopefuly get to battle a couple people on here...

Brendan
6th January 2010, 12:29 AM
**UPDATE**

I have a gearbox :)... t56 :)

ok, so far up to $2,700. alot of fab work to do now :)

dbr11k
6th June 2012, 01:40 PM
What ever happened to this thing