PDA

View Full Version : Help Wiring my AE86 20v

dtour
20th November 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I need help wiring up my sprinter i have had a couple of quotes and lets just say i cant afford what they are asking, so if anyone has any expertise in this area there is a box of grog and a BBQ for the help.
also an excuse to meet some of you guys as i havnt been a member here long.
BTW: i live in Epping, NSW

WHAT IS LEFT...

The remaining work on the sprinter is the wiring for the alternator has to be extended to reach around to the opposite side to the originals location. The original wiring loom had a voltage regulator that is now not necessary as the 4AGE alternator has an inbuilt voltage reg. So the wiring for the voltage regulator needs to be removed? Reconnected ?

The second part of the wiring that needs attention is the integration of the adaptronic ECU, this has already been wired up to the motor so all that is needed is to make the final connections to the body harness and the relays for the thermo fan and fuel pumps.

The final stage of wiring that needs to be done is the fuel pump and thermo fan relays. Currently there is no wiring or relays.

Please PM me if anyone is keen?

Cheers,
Jon

OMG866
29th November 2009, 12:03 PM
Find Golberg on ae86 dc he will sort you out :)

Rice86
1st December 2009, 04:48 PM
there isnt a thread of how to wire a 20v in a rwd format?...i too need further information with 20v wiring

Golberg
1st December 2009, 06:26 PM
Its a pretty in-depth procedure at least to do it properly.

I mean you can go and hook a few wires in here and there and get it to run but realistically it'll be a messy solution.

The main problem is that 20v looms are to suit a FWD where the engine bay layout is completely different. So to do a "proper" (and this is my own personal derivation) job of wiring a 20v you need to completely strip the loom apart and reorganise the loom to suit a RWD layout and of course connect up the relevant wires where they need to go.

You can also go one step further and add relays in factory positions which again takes more work.

So in short, yes there might be a rough hookup diagram somewhere but its not going to be a neat solution.

pen15
1st December 2009, 06:40 PM
take my advice and get golberg to do it i couldn't be happier with the work he done with my car and bang for you buck golberg is an absolute perfectionist good work golberg

dtour
4th December 2009, 05:47 PM
lol my dad organised the car to go out and get wired so im hoping it looks good. if not i might pay golberg a visit :)

Rice86
7th December 2009, 04:40 PM
so Golberg wired mine and we got it working...so there we have it

can read the short story in my build thread...XD