PDA

View Full Version : mtb biking

callum1
21st November 2009, 04:29 PM
are there any mountain bikers here? i go to daisy hill, or gap creek (pain in the ass) pretty much every weekend. seeing if there is anyone else out there.
i ride a giant DH team bike.

timbo
21st November 2009, 11:12 PM
i does gap creek as its only 10mins away! i ride an avanti aggressor...

http://www.vicmtb.com.au/store/08bikes/avanti/aggressor.jpg

fantapants
21st November 2009, 11:19 PM
hey guys

i hit the trails when i get time for non racing training lol. Not much for the full dh scene... not enough talent :) but love single tracking :) where the fuck in daisy you use a full dh rig ??:)

roll a 29er these days, borrowed from work so not always available. also if you need bits let me know might be able to help people out :)

also, lycra... thats how i roll :) only cos im too cheap to buy mtb specific clothes :)

bunya is a pretty gr8 track to break up the monotony :)

nerang is fucking GREAT fun :)

Marco
21st November 2009, 11:40 PM
i will get round to bilding my OLD kona stinky up one day and get back on the bike. but i used to hit the trails weekly at either cootha or sunshine coast. but i kinda got out of it and got really unfit. so maybe give me a few months then ill be keeeeeeen as!

callum1
22nd November 2009, 04:58 PM
hey guys

i hit the trails when i get time for non racing training lol. Not much for the full dh scene... not enough talent :) but love single tracking :) where the fuck in daisy you use a full dh rig ??:)

roll a 29er these days, borrowed from work so not always available. also if you need bits let me know might be able to help people out :)

also, lycra... thats how i roll :) only cos im too cheap to buy mtb specific clothes :)

bunya is a pretty gr8 track to break up the monotony :)

nerang is fucking GREAT fun :)

its an older bike, not really full down hill spec by todays standards, ie-no triple clamps, just rolling on rock shox pike, which are sweet, avid juicy front and back, da bomb wheelset, its a reasonably nice setup for under 1200 (second hand parts) i just hit all the tracks along the fire trail really. and mtb specific clothes? i roll in boardies and singlet...fucking hurts when you come off but. lol

fantapants
23rd November 2009, 12:16 AM
my wife kills me if i ruin my regular clothes... cycling stuff i get for free :) so i just head out in normal roady attire...

nirvana is grouse, but some of the trails out there are getting WAY too manicured...

blair
23rd November 2009, 08:09 AM
ha! did this for a bit... but

anyone wanna buy a DMR Hardtail? lol

Low Style
23rd November 2009, 08:24 AM
i ride BMX

fantapants
23rd November 2009, 10:00 AM
im too untalented for bmx

callum1
23rd November 2009, 06:21 PM
my wife kills me if i ruin my regular clothes... cycling stuff i get for free :) so i just head out in normal roady attire...

nirvana is grouse, but some of the trails out there are getting WAY too manicured...

ya, i like nirvana/stone henge/ and the lubricator lubricates my pants. turning japanese is pretty smooth and nice to ride.

timbo
23rd November 2009, 06:23 PM
i'd be keen to check out daisy hill if you guys know the tracks and let me tag along

callum1
23rd November 2009, 06:23 PM
im too untalented for bmx

yea, i hop on one and think "1:1 pedaling? what do think im iron man?"

fantapants
23rd November 2009, 10:14 PM
im more a strugle with the wheels leaving the ground.... just got no skill at the acrobatics :)

stone henge is mad fun :) theone as you leave nirvana... whats that one? turning japanese.... is a mad trail for the hurt box lol

NIZLAH
9th November 2011, 07:04 PM
any of you bastards still go riding... ? just getting into it, although had a few weeks off, plus its getting fuckin hot... Only been to the Daisy hill tracks so far, so unfit though, I know why the call them push bikes lol.. fuckin hills

plohl
10th November 2011, 02:50 PM
I go when ever I can. Hard to fit the mtb in the mx5 haha, has to disassemble most of it. I prefer gap creek - pipeline and dingo track ftw!

I used to ride bmx, mainly trails. would love to head back to a skate park at some point and give in another bash haha.

NIZLAH
10th November 2011, 05:44 PM
yeah another thing that gives me the shits is having to disassemble the bike every time lol, don't have a quick release on the front either, pain in the ass it is... part of the fun I guess..

timbo
10th November 2011, 05:55 PM
still keen to go out for a peddle, haven't been in ages... bike just sits here in the lounge room corner mocking me.