PDA

View Full Version : Bg89's MkII Golf GTI

bg89
23rd November 2009, 11:31 AM
Hey guys this is my 91 mk2 gti the last of the mk2s My dad found it for sale in someone front yard with grass up to the doors and saw the potential and saved it , (My dad collects and shows volkswagens so naturally he couldnt pass it up) Its taken quite a bit of work to get it to now and although its not a pristine show car its still one of the cleanest orignial examples we have seen. the only non original part of the car is the Microtec LT-10s (Factory ECU shit itself and) and the eibach/bilstein spring and shock combo. They did come with bilstein factory but they were shagged when we got it.

Its a blast to drive, alotta people arent impressed when I say its a SOHC 8V 1.8 with about 80kw, but it still only curb weights at a smidge under a tonne, but one drive in it and it even makes the haters smile at just how well it goes stops and hangs on in the bends.

hopefully in the future Ill hit up some hill climbs after coilovers and BBS meshies But $$$

This is how it sits now

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/1/0/5/29559.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/1/0/5/29560.jpg

blair
23rd November 2009, 12:39 PM
i want one. nice!

nanes
23rd November 2009, 09:10 PM
tough dude! i love the early golfs.

blake.
23rd November 2009, 09:19 PM
vw's are awesome :)

epic gti dude.

bg89
24th November 2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys yeah shes pretty cool just need nice wheels I had south african spec wheels but got over them lately had a thing for the original wheels although someone tried to tll me they look simillar to pursuit rims :thumbdown:

DAN-86
24th November 2009, 03:55 PM
nothing wrong with the 8V's mate ;)

I take it its the 2L engine?

I got a Mk1 with a 1.8L 8V with weber, extractors and electric dizzy, certainly moves :D

racsov
24th November 2009, 08:30 PM
fuck thats cool

bg89
25th November 2009, 10:00 AM
nothing wrong with the 8V's mate ;)

I take it its the 2L engine?

I got a Mk1 with a 1.8L 8V with weber, extractors and electric dizzy, certainly moves :D

Awsome man i love mk1s Nah its a 1.8 RV, the 2L wasnt until mk3 and in the SEAT's and Audi's

She does pull hard with the current tune and I still run factory exhaust minus the resonator lol I will eventually do an exhaust, Though not exractors. As my mechanic who is an expert with golfs especially gtis told me that with the mk2 gti RV motor, aftermarket extractors arent worth the minimal gain it as the gti factory set up was tried and tested by VW to get the best result for the gti. A very cool guy as he worked for 15 years for VW in the UK during the gti hey day lol

DAN-86
25th November 2009, 03:10 PM
yeah nice, the extractors came with the engine i bought, so cant complain. and they do look pretty :D

bg89
2nd December 2009, 01:21 PM
they do look pretty indeed

MINIHORSE
9th December 2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome man, my first car was a 90' 205 GTi, still to this day one of the best handling cars ive driven, Snap over steer and destroying nissans on cruises is heaps of fun :), there will always be a place in my heart for Euro hot hatches!!

bg89
10th December 2009, 09:59 AM
thats rad man 205s are sick ive got alotta love for the old Pugs. Top gear magazine had an article once on famous car rivalys and one was the 205 vs mk2 gti, and it said

"'the golf is easier to drive on the limit but the 205 is the one that makes you feel like youve been brave, however both cars can send you from track day hero to hedge wrecker in one snap off oversteer if your not on your toes'' hahaha

gotta love the euros they now how to make a chassis