PDA

View Full Version : someone to paint my car!

shift_rook
23rd November 2009, 08:29 PM
i've got money, only thing that really needs doing on my car now,m would prefer the job to be as cheap as possible, will be ready to do in 1-2 weeks, someone let me know

willio
23rd November 2009, 11:16 PM
Try www.motorware.com.au

.ady
23rd November 2009, 11:45 PM
if u want matte black spray can job i can do a killa job :D il come help prep abit if it isnt alrdy done holla on msn

i2obert
24th November 2009, 06:29 PM
motorware has been sold to a new owner unsure on who it is

but if your willing to pay money for a decent job

micolour :D they painted my evo and would goto them again for anything painted on that car

LEVIN86
24th November 2009, 07:11 PM
can i ask how much it put u back to spray the evo ? was is full car spray ?

im looking to spray my car as well .. once its up and running that is

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 07:17 PM
pretty jmuch my car is already primed up ready to go, needs a slight rub back but nothin major, alreayd had bay and doors done, so just need a closed door, hbence why i'm askin on here, don't really need/want to take it to a shop as i've had a quote or 2 from shops and it's ridiculous as the couple i went to wqould prefer to do their own undercoat or something, i also alreayd have paint aswell, most of

blacktopspirit
24th November 2009, 07:38 PM
do it yourself! preparing is the hard part, painting is a piss easy! just watch a few youtube vids and practice so you don't get runs then just do it

the thing with painting a car is the preparation is more important than the paint itself, if you don't get the prep work done properly your paint will be shit in a year anyway, and since you did yourself it will most likely be shit in a year or 2 anyway, so just do it yourself.

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 07:40 PM
the prep needs a rub over by someone who knows what they're doin, maybe i should just take it to a shop...

blacktopspirit
24th November 2009, 07:41 PM
just get someone from a shop to come out and do it fro you, approach a young bloke that looks like he needs money

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 07:44 PM
that's why i posted on here, to see if anyone on here from melb was a painter...

hachirusto
24th November 2009, 08:30 PM
dt panels in footscray, thats who all the ns boys take theirs to.

\when did motor ware change hands? dont stan and vincent own it anymore?

shift_rook
24th November 2009, 08:32 PM
footscray is 2 hours away form me, towing charges would kill me, would prefer someone to come to my house, i'm not lookin for a show spec finish, just as long as it doesn't fade in a year or doesn't run

joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo
24th November 2009, 11:05 PM
dt is in springy and is probably the best value for money paint in town, but is not what chris is after :)

and micolour is amazing, did some work on my car... but expect 7k+ to spray a whole car

resol
25th November 2009, 03:23 AM
dt panels in footscray, thats who all the ns boys take theirs to.

\when did motor ware change hands? dont stan and vincent own it anymore?

DT panels is in springvale, and they are shit house. i know many people who have had their cars paitned there, takes ages and isnt bery goo.

primal garage also ha s a pretty poor rep.

all comes down to how good you want the paint to turn out? if you want it great the pay for it, if you want it cheap then be for it t be shit.

-dan

sprinter666
25th November 2009, 08:20 AM
haha hamish your on here :D mad

joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo
25th November 2009, 08:59 AM
DT panels is in springvale, and they are shit house. i know many people who have had their cars paitned there, takes ages and isnt bery goo.

primal garage also ha s a pretty poor rep.

all comes down to how good you want the paint to turn out? if you want it great the pay for it, if you want it cheap then be for it t be shit.

-dan

DT aren't shit, for what they charge they do a bang up job...

my mate athid's s15 was painted in arctic white by DT, and in person it looks even better:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/1255973206/med_gallery_36777_3194_60373.jpg

wntdae86
25th November 2009, 12:55 PM
DT aren't shit, for what they charge they do a bang up job...

my mate athid's s15 was painted in arctic white by DT, and in person it looks even better:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/1255973206/med_gallery_36777_3194_60373.jpg

we never know

blacktopspirit
25th November 2009, 05:52 PM
I believe DT's work on sliding scale

Pay them $900 and they'll do a $900 job

Pay them $8k and they'll do an $8k job

I've seen some work of there's and it wasn't great but it was cheap, I have also seen Athids car and it is almost faultless

Mr Awsome
25th November 2009, 06:38 PM
paint it ya self.
just make it a solid colour.
give it 3 coats.
2000 the shit out of it. (remove dry spray&dirt just stay an 1/2 inch away from the edges)
buff it up and B-E-A-UTIFUL!

just remember u can buff up dry as a nuns cunt paint but u cant really ever buff out a run if its bad, but mild'ish ones u kinda can.

ae71
25th November 2009, 08:05 PM
just dont get runs, that simple.

its not that hard. i have not dont a full car, only panels.

rattle can or spray gun, same principles apply.

the issue with doing it at home is having the right shed, shed prep, equipment etc etc.

shift_rook
25th November 2009, 08:08 PM
can someone point my towards somebullshit helpful tuturial guide kinda warmin to the idea, then ther'es nothin on the car i haven't done, apart from wiring:D

julzy
25th November 2009, 08:15 PM
mmm what sort of cash would i be recieving?
btw,
if your spraying it at home you need at minimum, a decent compressor, air filter ($150), and a proper gun, $350-650.

shift_rook
25th November 2009, 08:21 PM
another reason why i wnated tpo pay someone who alreayd had the shit, got quite a good compressor, don't have a filter or good gun, fuck, people stop telling me to do it myself, i want someone who has alkl the stuff and i can give money to paint my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you have the stuff julzy, and you can do a good job, $800? includes a bit of prep, doing bonnet and shit cause it hasn't been prepped, how much should i be lookin at spending?

Slidin' 71
25th November 2009, 08:31 PM
Did you try Hi Gloss panels in Knoxfield, Awsome painter. Has done everything from full respray $30k(street machine cover car) to HQ race car for $1k.

Fcty 3/ 34 Rushdale St
Knoxfield VIC 3180
(03) 9764 1861

blacktopspirit
25th November 2009, 08:52 PM
mmm what sort of cash would i be recieving?
btw,
if your spraying it at home you need at minimum, a decent compressor, air filter ($150), and a proper gun, $350-650.

good compressor needed
Air filter? you mean respirator?
proper gun is not required, most of the features on a $350 gun an amateur would never figure out how to use anyway, my old man had painted cars with Garage sale $5 bargains and has had them come up pretty bloody good, your average $100 gun would be more than enough for a beginner...

I might be able to rent you a spray gun, but being my old mans gear I better ask him first, and it wont be the $5 spray gun either

and before you ask he doesn't do back yarders anymore, he reckons being a perfectionist and spending hours sometimes days on a car for a slab or a couple a hundred bucks doesn't really pay off

julzy
25th November 2009, 09:12 PM
no dont mean respirator,
when your using compressed air a fine amount of water comes out, water on your pretty new paint.
Having this filter in the airline takes any extra contaminents out.

blacktopspirit
26th November 2009, 06:51 AM
you can buy Compressor air dryers/filters for about $40 at Autobarn, it will last long enough to paint a few cars

shift_rook
26th November 2009, 07:42 AM
blacktop spirit. ask your dad how much he wants. i'm willin to offer more than jsut a few hundred dollars if i get a good bloke. otherwise i might have to boroow that gun off you.(willgive you dosh for rent) and have a crack doin it myself. thanks mate!

Jake
26th November 2009, 03:36 PM
blacktop spirit has your dad ever thought of sharing some of the knowledge? i know i wouldn't mind getting some basic tips and other info on painting and i know others would be interested.

blacktopspirit
26th November 2009, 04:34 PM
I'll ask him if he wants to SR, but I can pretty much tell you the answer, "I'm to old and I don't need the money" he has been painting cars for about 40 years now, it's the only job he has ever done, he doesn't have the patience for teaching people anymore, when ever he talks about the apprentices at work it's always "the young kid at work is just a f**king idiot, he f**ked up again" and so on and so forth...

his problem is if he was to consider it he would want you to bring the car to him, then he would attack it over a weekend and go way over board, he would also want you on standby to go buy anything extra he needed, and then he would crack the sads that he did to much work for not enough money...

he really is just a grumpy old man

I'll let you know the verdict when I see him next

shift_rook
26th November 2009, 05:33 PM
lol, sounds great, might give dt a call though

Joshie_Mcslide
30th November 2009, 09:52 AM
Dude.....I can get it done!

my brother in-law is a panel beater/spray panter
and then iv'e got a mate thats just a spray painter.......does all the pretty stuff,like candy's and pearls etc.

should be able to get a good price,ill find out and let ya know....think it was going to cost Caleb $1000 to respray his ke70 with a pearl over it.

willio
30th November 2009, 11:07 AM
motorware has been sold to a new owner unsure on who it is

but if your willing to pay money for a decent job

micolour :D they painted my evo and would goto them again for anything painted on that car

Motorware is under new management though Vincent still works there.