PDA

View Full Version : electrical help needed

fantapants
23rd November 2009, 10:21 PM
hey guys,

conversion is heading into the finished territory, but ive really hit a wall on some fairly basic electrical stuff.

i was really carefull when i pulled it all apart to label everything, however it has all faded to the point of being illegible. I can figure most of it out, but not too sure how to go about wiring the altenator - 3 wires instead of 2 :( or the starter...

and the ecu can run the fuel pump and thermo fan, but i dont know how relays work to set them up and really dont wanna go fucking with my fuel stuff.

if anyone is keen for some cash, beer, manlove in exchange for some basic kinda direction - im more interested in learning something than just having it done, so ill probbably annoy the crap out of you with stupid questions :)

any help appreciated guys

cheers

pat

biggo
28th November 2009, 09:20 AM
You can try me if you want. Even i call a failed attempt a success if it involves beer.

fantapants
28th November 2009, 07:04 PM
come pick up your carton and ill throw a second one in if you help me sort it out :)

Eircamae86
7th December 2009, 09:37 PM
Did you ever get sorted with this lad?.
Would give you a hand but I recon I wouldnt be able to wire a plug to your toaster.

fantapants
8th December 2009, 09:48 PM
lol... have the wiring diagram drawn.... just need to pick up some more wires and shit and sit down and sort it :)

thanks for your help the other day man... :)

biggo
9th December 2009, 07:20 PM
You know where to find me if you need to man.

Ill be down your way on the 19th. Where are you in bris? Not sure if im driving or scabbing a lift

fantapants
9th December 2009, 09:53 PM
im south side... sunnybank.

yeah man your help was awesome.... wouldnt have been in with a hope without it.. i had already embarked on a process that would have toasted the ecu :)

hopefully ill be heading in the right direction as soon as i pick up the rest of the goodies this weekend, aming for a sunday night start :)