PDA

View Full Version : enigeering-suspention

ke_70
27th November 2009, 07:57 PM
im on my second regancey defect in the last 4 months and its given me the shits

how do i go about enigneering my suspention? will it cost much?

any help appriciated

cheers

Slimer86
27th November 2009, 08:43 PM
Depends on your setup.
Try Rory Thomson.
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/light_vehicles_pdfs/chartered_engineers.pdf
The start is to make a few calls to engineers.

Andy San
28th November 2009, 12:54 PM
keep in mind if they don't defect you for suspension they will for something else

R&D Mechanical
28th November 2009, 12:56 PM
and even if it has passed they can still defect you, happend before and will again. they are cunts and can do anything. its end of month, that means quota time!

ke_70
28th November 2009, 05:36 PM
defect you for the engineered suspention? or somethin else
because everythings legal apart from ride height and track
can they get you for to wide a wheel? is 8" to wide

Andy San
29th November 2009, 10:39 AM
they can still defect an engineered car on the suspicion it is ilegal.

8 inch is too wide for a ke by a fair bit.

trust me they'll find something to send you to regency, i got defected once for a sweat band on my master cylinder.

ke_70
30th November 2009, 10:08 AM
keep in mind they go by tyre size
is strech regancy?

Andy San
30th November 2009, 01:28 PM
they don't go by tyre size they go by wheel track, which most 8 inch wheels will be over, unless they are +40 offset

ArbPotatoes
4th December 2009, 02:09 AM
trust me they'll find something to send you to regency, i got defected once for a sweat band on my master cylinder.

That's just ridiculous...

dreny...
14th December 2009, 10:10 AM
Another popular thing they can do is if you have engineered your suspension they can say "Well i think you have changed something after you got this suspension engineered so i want you to go to regency to get it checked"

Bastards!

ke_70
14th December 2009, 10:21 AM
i did think about that
ive just decided to get wider wheels insted of wasting my money doing it the proper way

Mr Awsome
14th December 2009, 10:43 PM
getting a cert in adelaide is just stupid. they cost more then your car some times.
they still defect you for the same shit. so just make it look sleeper and dont drive like a douch bag. make sure you keep all your old parts, dont sell them. coz your going to need them, time and time again. "SA the cunt state"

Frak
30th December 2009, 07:47 PM
I totally agree with Mr Awesome, In Adelaide there is no point in getting a vehicle engineered, the fuckers will only defect you anyway on 'suspicion' that it has been changed since it was engineered....It's a good thing all the cops in Adelaide are qualified mechanics and engineers ;)

The ONLY good point about getting your car engineered in Adelaide has to be, if you are in a major accident where a fatality may occur, if your vehicle is inspected and major modifications have been done, and these mods may of been part cause of the accident(in their opinion) you may have a greater charge against you, if the vehicle is engineered then said modifications have complied to the safety requirements.