PDA

View Full Version : CAMS in WA - how do you go about it?

Saikou
3rd December 2009, 02:50 AM
Just out of curiousity, I was worried how would you go about obtaining a CAMS license here in WA? I've always wondered about it.

Also are there like days where you can drive on the barbagallo track, kinda like AHG?

i may more question, if i can think of some more lol

H8CHIR6KU
3rd December 2009, 10:05 AM
its no different than any other state. go to the office or download the form from the cams website.

the office is on wanneroo rd across from dog swamp shopping centre.

and yeah there are days at wanneroo, just you have to purchase a day cams license

fly ryder
3rd December 2009, 09:12 PM
sorry to steal thread, i also havent got mine yet.
Dont you have to be in a club to get cams licence and if so which ones have u guys joined thats good/cheap?

H8CHIR6KU
3rd December 2009, 09:17 PM
i heard all fours and rotaries are fairly cheap compared to wascc.

i know wascc are def expensive tho esp if you dont go to v8's

do they have v8's in 2010? cause membership hasnt gotten any cheaper and they are doing track mods so most of the track will prob be out of order in 2010

fly ryder
3rd December 2009, 09:27 PM
yeah thats true, im not to sure bout V8's next year but anyway.

you need a WASCC membership for drift though dont you? but if the tracks not going to be available much next year i might not bother because i was going to get a bit more serious about drift but its a big commitment to do from down here in bunbury and money wise theres no point joining if barbs isnt open

H8CHIR6KU
3rd December 2009, 11:58 PM
yeah not sure on that one. i know you need wascc for practice nights but not for battles.

battles are a cams event not a wascc event. either way you need cams for both

Nikkojoe
4th December 2009, 12:36 AM
V8's seem to be comming back next year, the date is not really set in stone though.

Saikou
10th December 2009, 12:05 AM
ah ok thanks for the info.
so pretty much if you want to compete or get on a track you needs some sort of Level of a cams ?

H8CHIR6KU
10th December 2009, 01:05 AM
level 2 non speed is where its at for drift for track days its level 2 speed

v8's will only be there it seems if its run next financial year

dtcng
10th December 2009, 11:03 PM
wascc is also good if your interested in doing tuning days and free entry to all events not just the v8s