PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell

Bluterus
9th December 2009, 10:32 AM
Hi guys I'm Having a dilemma at the moment. I bought my corolla on Australia day this year as a project car. On the exact same day my 2006 BF XR8 ute spun a big end.
So I spent the last 9 months and about $8000 on rebuilding and respraying the front of the ute.
Over that time I bought most of the parts to do my corolla but now after just finishing my ute I really cannot get motivated to start the corolla.

So I'm deciding if I should part it out, sell it as a whole or keep it.

Here's a link to the car I have up for EOI
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=185399#post185399

My plan was to spray the corolla the same colour as the ute and use the ute as a tow car to take it to track days.

So just after some opinions on if should sell or keep the corolla?

Also would anyone be willing to take me for a spin in their 4AGE'd E7? I've only been in 1 before and it was a very short drive.
I'm thinking if I go for a drive in one it might get me me motivated to want to build the car.

shift_rook
9th December 2009, 10:38 AM
you've got mine man, pm me when you want to get stuck into it:D

Bluterus
9th December 2009, 10:56 AM
you've got mine man, pm me when you want to get stuck into it:D
How do you like sanding man? If I'm fixing the rust I gotta repaint those bits so If I've gotta repaint those bits I might as well repaint the whole car.

shift_rook
9th December 2009, 11:04 AM
i'm shit with bodywork, but i'll help you with your paint if you help me with mine

tc-rolla
15th December 2009, 09:16 AM
hey man,

like you i have several other cars on the go. hdt vh grp 3, 32' 5 window, 42' chev ute, and the rolla!
it gets difficult to get motorvated but, sometimes you'll wake up and go fuck it! im working on the rolla.

i have plenty of days like that so, if you want a hand doing whatever let me know. i can paint and doo all that shit. - it's the joys of loving cars sooo much!

btw, just seen a picture of your ute, by anychance was that you looking at my car near the traffic lights where the intersection to head into coldstream yesterday? white ae71. pulling accross from mangans rd.

cheers, Ben.

tc-rolla
15th December 2009, 09:46 AM
How do you like sanding man? If I'm fixing the rust I gotta repaint those bits so If I've gotta repaint those bits I might as well repaint the whole car.

btw, are you just gonna do a close door respray?

ben.

Bluterus
15th December 2009, 10:51 AM
hey man,

like you i have several other cars on the go. hdt vh grp 3, 32' 5 window, 42' chev ute, and the rolla!
it gets difficult to get motorvated but, sometimes you'll wake up and go fuck it! im working on the rolla.

i have plenty of days like that so, if you want a hand doing whatever let me know. i can paint and doo all that shit. - it's the joys of loving cars sooo much!

btw, just seen a picture of your ute, by anychance was that you looking at my car near the traffic lights where the intersection to head into coldstream yesterday? white ae71. pulling accross from mangans rd.

cheers, Ben.
LOL yeah it was me man funny how many blokes are around the Maroondah area. Saw your car coming down the hill and was like that looks alright.

It does get hard to get motivated especially after just spending soo much money and time on my ute.
I've taken it off EOI seems like I can get some help if I need it.

Going to pull the rear bumper off and taillights today to start getting into the rust. I'll continue my old thread I had for my car here.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=2294

Bluterus
15th December 2009, 10:53 AM
btw, are you just gonna do a close door respray?

ben.
Nah man full respray interior and motor out. Just wont spray the undercarriage might just hit it with some cheap black paint when I'm doing the running gear.
I hate people that say for instance have like a sweet orange car then you open the bonnet or doors and its light blue inside.

shift_rook
15th December 2009, 01:07 PM
or you get a nice clean white car with ared engine bay or something, pox, unless engine bay has purposely been sporayed a black white or grey