PDA

View Full Version : ★Baskerville Drift GP★ - MeZ Productions

MeZ Prod
9th December 2009, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone,

What an awesome event/road trip! Big thanks goes to the Holfords crew!
Also thanks to everyone else who made the trip what it was.

Constructive Criticism is appreciated.

http://www.vimeo.com/8070268

Cheers Mez

drift kid
9th December 2009, 07:35 PM
fuck yea, sicko video, very nicely executed as per usual ;)

ke70dave
9th December 2009, 07:56 PM
that was awesome mate, very cool

i loved the bit with the 2 guys carrying that gearbox. that was fantastic. obviosly alot of work has gone into the editing.

what was goin on with that s14's (green thing) wing, they trying to make it look like an honda NSX?

Delazy
9th December 2009, 08:09 PM
what was goin on with that s14's (green thing) wing, they trying to make it look like an honda NSX?

thats the holfords car that luke fink drivers...i can also guarantee that that wing has function ;)

was unbeaten at every major event he drove in until OZ Drift GP...

Supercup mallala
DA oran park
Drift Attack winton

starni_boy
9th December 2009, 08:29 PM
Very nice vid.... As usual :)

hao.
9th December 2009, 08:54 PM
Cool vid Mez. That green 86 looks awesome.

45KIDS
9th December 2009, 09:15 PM
agreed with hao! finks 86 is lovely

Delazy
9th December 2009, 09:38 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs084.snc3/15140_194610806081_564796081_3526205_6966456_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs084.snc3/15140_194610801081_564796081_3526204_945464_n.jpg

Cerby86
9th December 2009, 09:40 PM
hahah i bet you nearly shat yourself when your ke nearly died at the end lazy :P

Nice vid, though i have to say Im very surprised that you didn't put more of the other local cars in.
Especially rogers 280KW ae86, or lloyd the mad 16 year old. It would have been awesome to get some footage of the run he did in mookies corona!!

Not saying i don't like the vid, but from what i saw there were a few other drivers putting in some extremely good drives.

Delazy
9th December 2009, 09:50 PM
hahah i bet you nearly shat yourself when your ke nearly died at the end lazy :P

lol, u noticed the shitbox sitting down the road abit then??

it was some distance away from the action...

BUT it still got abit of a bruised rear bumper...might have something to do with fink pushing us along the road :P and the bumper - bumper parking at the traffic lights...

MeZ Prod
9th December 2009, 10:18 PM
Cheers for the comments guys :)

Cerby - Your right some of the locals were going hard (Especially that white 86)
I had help getting there, so this is how i repay people.

Im 90 percent sure im making a SPG special so stay tuned for that.

Also just letting everyone know Delazy (Delazeeeeeeehhhhhhh) is the man!

R&D Mechanical
9th December 2009, 10:21 PM
love the end! ae86 doing it right

todd
9th December 2009, 10:54 PM
good stuff mez :) always have time for your videos.

Cerby86
10th December 2009, 11:42 AM
yeah i thought that would be the case and its the right thing to do!
Would be cool if you made a vid showing how tassie drifters clearly shit all over the main land drivers though hahaha

and I thought you were holding the camera as fink swerved closer to your car delazy, so i was expecting the camera to get picked up suddenly as you ran to save your car :P

marvis
10th December 2009, 03:31 PM
Isn't the additions on the wing to guide smoke? They have it on alot of D1 cars... But it's actually clear and doesn't look stupid.

Nice video.

matt99
10th December 2009, 05:26 PM

Delazeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh gets the ladeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhsss.

Where the fuck is my 10 minute section of just me that I was promised Mez? To think I did all thosae things to you and got nothing in return. Used, so used.

JinxD
10th December 2009, 05:37 PM
any specs or build threads anywhere on that green 86 ?
sweet vid dude !

matt99
10th December 2009, 05:43 PM
any specs or build threads anywhere on that green 86 ?
sweet vid dude !

Nah, but its pretty simple and works well.

4AGE bigport.
Massive wide body.
15x10 -26 superlites on the rear.
Bucket seat.
Full cage.
I think different springs.
PS arms.
Nardi.

With some nut behind the wheel.

shift_rook
10th December 2009, 05:46 PM
got any footage of matt? haha yeah finks 86 is sick, love the superlights on it, congrats to pidwell, does well in the ke pile

MeZ Prod
10th December 2009, 05:48 PM
LOL
i have footage of Matt but i thought itd piss him off more if I just included Tim and not him. lol

but if you hook us your msn im sure i could send footage of something!

matt99
10th December 2009, 06:00 PM
Im going to come to Queensland JUST to punch you in the ribs, haha.

Dont know if you were asking me or shift_rook for MSN address, but either way, hit me up baby. mattrussell99(at)gmail(dot)com

driftke70
10th December 2009, 06:20 PM
any footage of finks incident.

also trust fink to be the one who skids to leave.

otherwise awesome work, leigh can fucking drive, im jealous, i shouldnt have got so carried away with my car and just chucked an sr in and driven. Ah well in good time.

lolwat
10th December 2009, 06:42 PM
trust the guy in the AE to do skids(mad cunt)

Delazy
10th December 2009, 07:10 PM
Delazeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh gets the ladeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhsss.

your both trippers...loose times ftw...

cky767
10th December 2009, 07:19 PM
Awesome vid Mez, looks sick.

deafkid
10th December 2009, 08:22 PM
unreal vid mez what were the tassie cops on about when they pulled you guys up

matt99
10th December 2009, 08:30 PM
Cop was mainly unhappy about Nigels car being on a temp reg permit, but still displaying Japanese plates.

deafkid
10th December 2009, 09:04 PM
really they would of loved that.

Cerby86
10th December 2009, 10:54 PM
im surprised that they weren't complaining about him strapping tyres to his wing to cart them :P

Every single falcodore and excel did a skid leaving. I think the only people who didn't were those guys in the video :P

gT4xu5wZ5Vc
Thats the fink truscott 'incident'

And heres a couple of lloyd being a nut :P

rkRRUT1iEcM

q7TADfBul5Y&feature=related

these are both lloyds car and fink is driving one of them for the day.

toyoda
11th December 2009, 03:08 PM
glad you guys liked my 86 its fairly basic but does good i love it skids to leave ftw... boot was chockas with stuff aswell :( thats why second gear wouldnt have a bar of sliding near delazys ke lol

wings on the holfords car and on d1 cars are not to guide smoke lol .. there to help with aero so i can change direction heaps more aggressively ........ styling on the s14 is something i cant help as i dont own it i just drive it if it were up to me the thing would be on its arse low lol

as for the incedint my bump on him was a racing incident he was just super slow though the corner and i had heaps more speed and bumped him looks heaps worse than it was it only left a lil tyre mark on his door as for ehat happened after it with him ramming me well what do you need to say really

reg fink

pieman18
11th December 2009, 04:31 PM
absolutely awesome video

imo videos that have footage of road trips and/or pre-event sort of stuff added into the drifting footage are heaps better than videos of just the drifting. i cant exactly put my finger on why, i think they are which is why i bloody loved this movie

great work as always :thumbup:

matt99
11th December 2009, 09:58 PM
So at 1.24 in the top vid, is it now clear that Truscott turned into Fink and intentionally hit him?

Time to cut the crap.

Cerby86
11th December 2009, 11:54 PM
yeah i thought that got sorted on the day? I heard he got fined for it.
And as i understand it, its the following cars responsibility to not run into the lead car regardless of how fast or slow they are going.
Im not defending truscott for what he did cos that is definitely worse than a few love taps, HOWEVER I would be pissed if some ran into the back of me twice.
Of course whatever happens on the track should stay on the track. Obviously rumours will fly but I personally was a bit disappointed with the stuff i heard. Then again with people constantly wandering through pitlane its a bit hard for people to blow off steam without spectators seeing.

Anyway im sure delazy could define the rules a much better than me.

marvis
12th December 2009, 01:35 AM
wings on the holfords car and on d1 cars are not to guide smoke lol .. there to help with aero so i can change direction heaps more aggressively ........
Care to explain?

driftke70
12th December 2009, 02:49 AM
thats like saying a wagon will change direction better.

toyoda
12th December 2009, 03:18 AM
i did kinda explain it

its like sprint cars basically

they aid in catching the rear if you will and allowing me to be heaps more aggressive and thow the car harder and get back on the power sooner:D

and yes as silly as it sounds you could most likely be more aggressive with a wagon

when you get up to speeds were doing in d.a now i notice every lil aero aid we give the car so yeh its all there for a reason

matt99
12th December 2009, 11:57 AM
yeah i thought that got sorted on the day? I heard he got fined for it.
And as i understand it, its the following cars responsibility to not run into the lead car regardless of how fast or slow they are going.
Im not defending truscott for what he did cos that is definitely worse than a few love taps, HOWEVER I would be pissed if some ran into the back of me twice.
Of course whatever happens on the track should stay on the track. Obviously rumours will fly but I personally was a bit disappointed with the stuff i heard. Then again with people constantly wandering through pitlane its a bit hard for people to blow off steam without spectators seeing.

Anyway im sure delazy could define the rules a much better than me.

Fink tapped Truscott a little in a corner, mainly because Truscott slowed down so much. Truscott rammed Fink after the finish line, mainly because hes a cock head.

Who cares about fines, throw Truscott out.

Cerby86
12th December 2009, 01:59 PM
well as i hear it the decision was passed to the CAMS official there on the day and a fine was the decision he made.
The official knows more about the situation than us.
I personally think a fine is a bit of a slap on the wrist. But I think throwing someone of the sport for a momentary lapse of judgement would be very extreme.
You can't say that either party is innocent really. From what I saw on the vid and have been told went on in the pits afterwards both drivers were pretty angry about it and said an did things that they shouldn't have.
If you watch the video you would see that there was a bit more than "love tap" damage done to truscots car.

toyoda
15th December 2009, 10:52 PM
i sat in my car in the piyts while it was fixed so im curius to what i did in the pits???

as for him getting a fine he got nothing......... cams are retarted

and even if a did go and knock him out like i felt like doing i feel i would have every right i mean who the hell deliberately rams a car after the drift is finished ......... i was about to stick my arm out the same door he rammed and give him a thumbs up for a rad battle

were are you getting your completely false info from cerby86?

as for love tap damage on only hit his door and even after he rammed me there was only a tyre mark on his door were i rubbbed him...... read rubbed

basically no offence but you have no idea what your talking about and thats pretty clear sorry my 2c

Cerby86
16th December 2009, 12:06 AM
Well i wasn't there on the day as i said. But I was told that comments were made about what would happen if both parties met at the after party. Thats the thing im talking about that i find disappointing and the actual car contact. Obviously the person who told me that was there on the day, though they could have been talking shit.
I only know what i've been told and all ive offered is my opinion on that, if you don't choose to agree with that opinion then that isn't a problem, but it won't make me change my opinion.
I didn't say that you said anything in the pits. I really don't think its worth airing the dirty laundry over it, all im saying is if what i was told happened then that is disappointing.
Based on the video, IN MY OPINION, they look like reasonably hard "love taps".
And you can't deny that it is YOUR responsibility to make sure you don't run into the car in front of you.
Obviously at higher levels of motor sport body contact will occur, and if someone ran into me I'd have to shrug it off and go home and repair it.
However if that person ran into me when it could have been avoided i'd be pretty pissed about it.

And as far as not knowing what im talking about, the video is right there! I'm drawing my opinions from RECORDED FOOTAGE! Obviously other than that I only know what others who were there told me. But since I've never claimed otherwise I don't see what the problem is.
I was told he was fined like $2000!!

At the end of the day its obvious you have some pretty strong opinions about who is at fault, as you should, I mean hell a guy rammed your car.
But im trying to be objective and saying well you hit his car as well, maybe in his opinion you could have avoided that?
All im saying is that if you look at it objectively throwing a guy out of the sport entirely, as was suggested earlier is a bit extreme and Im sure you would even agree.

At the end of the day though you have to think do you have to go home and fix the damage to your car, spending money that could have been spent elsewhere?

toyoda
16th December 2009, 09:00 PM
i aggree i didnt want him thown out of the sport but getting away scott free to do it again isnt cool

as for me avoiding it basically he was nice and fast for the whole track and then basically stopped on that last corner i had 2 options 1 pull out straiten or like i always have done in that situation keep going if a lil contact occurs in pro level side by side motorsport its just life in drift

wasnt haveing a go but it was pretty obvious you were going of here say

and for the record if he didnt come and appologise before i left the track to be honest there would have been issues outside of the event but he was a man and came and appologised for loosing his cool

job done

basically im more annoyed that all the so called experts say i hit him so hard .... by far the lightest bit of sideways contact i have had this year ffs i tapped marks 86 harded on that corner with the ke55 of loyds

anyway like i said nothing personal just yeh cams really failed us all that weekend

todd
16th December 2009, 09:40 PM
yeh but what a douche bad for ramming as a retaliation. only going to make shit worse lol.

some people just need to chill the fuck out and take hits on the chin. its a motorsport where crashes happen, and contact is unavoidable, especially if you are performing at a high enough level to get within a meter or less.

obviously just some ego tripping dick who couldnt take the heat.

Clinton
16th December 2009, 11:58 PM
I think this is shit.

toyoda
17th December 2009, 03:17 AM
agreed

Cerby86
17th December 2009, 11:52 AM
so he actually wasn't fined at all? Well thats pretty shit!
I didn't realise you guys had talked before leaving, so its pretty clear the person i talked too was stirring shit up!!
To be honest I would have thought the cams people would have gotten pretty fired up about it especially considering how much crap you get in for even doing a small slide on baskie if you go when there is no drifting allowed :P

Rice86
17th December 2009, 06:06 PM
after all this reading of negativity, think im going to watch the clip again for some positivity...awesome vidz, keep them comming please =D

OMG866
17th December 2009, 09:53 PM
love the vid. the start was cool

s14seriesII
11th January 2010, 10:52 PM

Cerby - Your right some of the locals were going hard (Especially that white 86)
I had help getting there, so this is how i repay people.

Im 90 percent sure im making a SPG special so stay tuned for that.

how much to put a little something together for me ?

just a minute long or something.. i duno how much footage you have ?

...oh and funniest thing was that before fink and trusky even left the line i said to everyone that fink will go for a pass and trusky will 'close the door' so to speak.. and sure enough thats exactly what happened

MeZ Prod
11th January 2010, 11:43 PM
Add us on msn respecta_64@hotmail.com

lol

Beau
11th January 2010, 11:57 PM
hey MeZ... A/S/L?

MeZ Prod
12th January 2010, 12:05 AM
15/Female/ Gold coast

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/quagmire.gif

Jonny Rochester
12th January 2010, 11:03 AM
http://hutchtv.com.au/

MeZ Prod
12th January 2010, 12:29 PM
Sick link!

Beau
12th January 2010, 01:25 PM
http://hutchtv.com.au/

Reading thread titles + linking irrelevant stuff = Purists life.

sprinter666
16th January 2010, 07:33 PM
mad vid, lookin up links, mez u guna be at any of the winton events??? be cool to see a mashup of amateur vic cars :)

MeZ Prod
17th January 2010, 12:52 PM
cheers mate! I dont know what ill be doing this year haha just going with the flow/see what comes along i guess! Would be rad to get down for a winton event though.

sprinter666
17th January 2010, 08:03 PM
yessums i want my car in one of those vids <3 let us know what events you go to so we can all bug you for a short in a vid :D