PDA

View Full Version : Diff Shop

takai
16th December 2009, 02:22 PM
Alright, seeing as i am finally getting around to putting my 4.7 into the race car i need a diff shop.
Who do people use around Adelaide, preferably central or north east.

Frak
16th December 2009, 02:25 PM
Precision diffs on Port road have a very good reputation

Andy San
16th December 2009, 05:00 PM
whatever you do don't use diff trans in town, they managed to setup my brand new trd gearset wrong so it is now all chewed out after 1 supersprint. I've been using dino's diffs in bowden and he is a good bloke. I think boss are pretty good with the toyota stuff.

jaz_ae86
16th December 2009, 10:15 PM
Second for Precision on port road, was very happy with their sevice.

Slimer86
18th December 2009, 11:14 AM
Andy, is that a part of C&D engineering in bowden?

whatever you do don't use diff trans in town, they managed to setup my brand new trd gearset wrong so it is now all chewed out after 1 supersprint. I've been using dino's diffs in bowden and he is a good bloke. I think boss are pretty good with the toyota stuff.

Andy San
18th December 2009, 03:10 PM
Not sure, he's in a little complex but a think he was independant

FAST EDDIE
20th December 2009, 05:56 PM
yer that diff n trans place stuffed me around for a week just a quote to rebuild my centre, got taken to boss, he quoted me the morning it was dropped off, had the bearings in stock and had it rebuilt that night, now thats fkn good service

takai
5th January 2010, 02:48 PM
Precision diffs on Port road have a very good reputation

Have you got more info on those two? Yellowpages returns nada for both Precision Diffs and Dinos Diffs...

Fusion
5th January 2010, 05:15 PM
This one of them?

Precision Differential (http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Precision-Differential-Gearbox-Centre)

takai
5th January 2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, i found Precision, not listed in the Yellowpages and are on holidays until the 11th.
BOSS have done a pretty good quote, will wait for Precision though as i dont have my act together yet.

Frak
5th January 2010, 09:11 PM
Do it yourself, not hard. I have an adjustable tool for turning the bearing collars if you want to borrow.

takai
6th January 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, i can make the tool for turning the bearing collars, thats not hard. Ill probably give it a go myself too.

The harder one is for Gav who needs an entire F-series built from parts. And i dont have a bearing preload tensioner.

takai
1st February 2010, 05:30 PM
Anyone have a source for gear mesh paste? My old tube has dried out, and CBC/Coventries/Repco havnt had any.

Katatonic
9th February 2010, 12:01 AM
What's the rough cost you Guys are getting?

takai
9th February 2010, 12:16 AM
About $250 to setup a diff, through to $500 if it needs custom shims etc

Katatonic
9th February 2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks. I better start saving.