PDA

View Full Version : new speed camera warning!!!

redsprinter
17th December 2009, 10:39 AM
just got the below email from a mate. dont kow if its BS or not but be warned.

> New speed cameras will be permanently mounted on telegraph poles
> and the like. They are very small, don't use a flash and will be
> working day and night.
>
> They are at:
>
> Canterbury Road, Revesby
> River Rd to Mavis St North East & Mavis St to River Rd SouthWest
>
> Milperra Road, Milperra
> Henry Lawson Dr to Cooraban Rd & Cooraban Rd to Henry Lawson Dr
>
> Hume Hwy, Yagoona
> Brancourt Ave to Cooper Rd North East & Strickland St to
> Rookwood Rd South West
>
> Hume Hwy, Bass Hill -
> Miller Rd to Chester Hill Rd North East & Strickland St to Arundel
> St
> South West
>
> Bayview Ave, Earlwood -
> Undercliff Ln to Highcliff Rd SouthWest
>
> Homer Street, Earlwood
> Wellington St to Bayview Ave WestNorth
>
> King Street, Ashbury -
> Second Ave to Melville St West & North Palace St to Trevenar St East
> South
>
> Lilyfield Road, Leichhardt
> Hubert St to Mary St NorthEast & Henry St to James St South West
>
> Darley Road, Leichhardt
> Lyell St to Allen St East South & Allen St to Lyall St West North
>
> New Canterbury Rd, Lewisham
> Morton Av to Toothill St NorthEast, Toothill St to Frazer St South West
>
> Hume Hwy, Liverpool
> Elizabeth Dr to Memorial Ave North West, Campbell St to Moore St South
>
> Heckenberg Ave, Heckenberg
> Robin Rd to Tooma Pl NorthWest , Johns Rd to Tooma Pl SouthEast
>
> Lalor Rd, Quakers Hill
> Wilson St to Sunnyholt Rd North East Sunnyholt Rd to Towilson St South
>
> The Horsley Drive, Fairfield
> Polding St to Nelson St South East Nelson St to Polding St North West
>
> Bungarribee Rd, Blacktown
> Hereward Hwy North West Ross St to Flushcombe Rd SouthWest
>
> Pitt Street, Merrylands
> Birmingham St to Victoria St South East, Victoria St to Birmingham St
>
> Sunnyholt Rd, Blacktown
> Steel St to Forge St South East Turner St to Stephen St NorthWest
>
> Windsor Road, Northmead
> Anderson Rd to Martha Ave South East Whitehaven Rd to Moir Ave
> North West
>
> Barclay Road, North Rocks
> Perry St to Hepburn Rd North East Hepburn Rd to Perry St South West
>
> O'Connell St, Parramatta
> Victoria Rd to George St East South George St to Victoria Rd West
> North
>
> Seven Hills Rd, Baulkham Hills Hilda Rd to Merindah Rd Sth West
> Merindah Rd to Hilda Rd Nth East
>
> Castlereagh Rd, Penrith
> Coreen Ave to Peach Tree St East South Peach Tree St to Coreen Ave
> West
>
> Mamre Road, St Marys
> Mitchell St to Saddington St East South John St to Saddington St West
>
> Luxford Street, Whalan
> Sands St to Salmana St South West
>
> Princes Hwy, Engadine-
> Mianga St to Engadine Rd East South Engadine Rd to Mianga St West
> North Ramsgate Road, Ramsgate
> Targo Rd to Vaudan St South West
>
> THESE CAMERAS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED IN FIXED POSITIONS.
>
> RTA revenue raisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> BE warned !!

trueno85
17th December 2009, 11:30 AM
but if there permentally fixed speed camera's they have to be sign posted so it doesnt really matter what size they are because they'll have 3 massive signs

redsprinter
17th December 2009, 11:40 AM
yeah was thinking that too ..

just thought i let everyone know . beacuse i have notice sometime there are signs saying : speed camers used ... or something like that but no actual speed cameras . now thanks to the ever concerning ppl at the RTA . we get speed cameras 2.0.

Rice86
17th December 2009, 11:46 AM
seriesly...Road Laws have gone way way wayyyyy out of hand...its cause crime rates arnt high enough so they have to make money else where, so full of shit...

Richard
17th December 2009, 12:16 PM
it shouldnt worry us no one on here breaks the rulez anyway

DR86TY
17th December 2009, 12:58 PM
All fixed speed camers in NSW must have 3 signs leading up to them. If they dont then you can be done for entrapment or something along those lines.

But if your obeying the rules like every enthusiast on this site then you should have no worries :)

Richard
17th December 2009, 01:11 PM
i understand the whole entrapment thing. but at the end of the day you are still breaking the law aswell. Like if doesnt say a sign about shop lifting in a shop does that mean you still do it and then complain about a hidden security camera when you get caught?

focus_7
17th December 2009, 06:56 PM
Everyone - if you have an iPhone and leave it on in the car it's probably worth buying the app called Alertme - aus (http://iphone.wareseeker.com/speedcams-australia-alertme.app/42cf85f559)

My mate says it works good. Even for mobile radars.

MR-00-NG
17th December 2009, 10:35 PM
lol.... thats the begining of this!!... heard their installing another 50+ more in the new year... >_<"

Mr Awsome
18th December 2009, 12:00 AM
what about all these new crazy parking cameras, now those are fucking shit!

lolwat
18th December 2009, 12:05 AM
what about all these new crazy parking cameras, now those are fucking shit!
yes, yes it is

Clinton
18th December 2009, 12:29 AM
seriesly...Road Laws have gone way way wayyyyy out of hand...its cause crime rates arnt high enough so they have to make money else where, so full of shit...

Pardon?

Crime rates aren't high enough?? Get out from under your rock you've been living under for the last 15 years...

I'd also like to call bullshit on this.

driftke70
18th December 2009, 01:32 AM
pretty fucked if its true, which i dont doubt they have been talking about it for a while.

everytime i complain to my cop mate, he always has the same reply,

"you know noones been caught in qld damaging speed cameras"?

id just be going walk abouts and fucking them up. Its the only solution, break them faster than they can generate money to replace them.

Only solution, worked in the uk,

Clinton
18th December 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm always down for destruction of ANYTHING that isn't owned by civillians..

redsprinter
18th December 2009, 10:16 AM
yeah always thought about burning them or spraying black paint over the camera lenses.

fuck i hate NSW road laws. and wats with these parking cameras?

i went to my old primary school the other day to walk the dog and noticed they now have security cameras. to watch over 10year olds.. WTF... wats this world coming to? theres no turst . everyones out to make a quick buck anyway possible and everyone else trying to do the right thing suffers.

driftke70
18th December 2009, 12:02 PM
thats australia man, a handful wrecking it for many.

sotiros86
18th December 2009, 03:21 PM
yeah always thought about burning them or spraying black paint over the camera lenses.

What you really want to do is get a drill, drill a tiny hole through the casing and then fill the hole with expandable foam. It basically destroys it from the inside out. There is a video on youtube of a bunch of English guys who went and did it to all of the cameras near them. Its pretty hilarious

slidin 86
18th December 2009, 06:45 PM
this has been around for awhile and is not true just like the M5 - M7 speed cameras at the tolls... as someone said they must have signs for about 100 metres leading towards to camera, coz in nsw it has something to do with a privacy act or something along those lines, unlike VIC ( dogdy cameras everywhere there lol )

Marco
19th December 2009, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=driftke70;190856]

"you know noones been caught in qld damaging speed cameras"?

,[QUOTE]

just cus we haven't been caught... don't mean it hasn't been done...

driftke70
19th December 2009, 11:21 AM
thats what im saying

keiichi
19th December 2009, 11:57 AM
At least its not like Victoria, we're getting/got those super radars plus the existing laws means they don't have to label where cameras are. And they can hire this third party company that can basically set up cameras where-ever they want in unmarked civilian cars with tinted windows of any make.

driftke70
19th December 2009, 12:14 PM
thats farked

keiichi
19th December 2009, 12:34 PM
victoria just released a massive swarm of road police aswell, they like doubled their patrol cars or something... cop cars everywhere. where i used to live in nsw (near tweed) you would see police every third time you go out now down here its like youll see 1-10 patrol cars or whatever every time you go out. yeh, lets just keep adding rules and restrictions until we cant breathe anymore, atleast well reduce the road toll a little bit and gain some massive revenue along the way to buy more restrictions wooo.

sundee
20th December 2009, 10:23 AM
it kinda doesnt matter if their mointed on wooden telegraph poles or steel ones.. theirs still gotta be the 3 signs in nsw.. and their are always sensors on the road.. so just keep your eyes pealed and slow down for the camera :)

driftke70
20th December 2009, 12:10 PM
1350 deaths per year
22mil people in aus

1400 / 22mil x 100 = 0.006%

so thats the percentage of australians dieing in a road accident,

your more likely to die visiting a friend in hostpital.

the death toll the lowest its ever been, and there are more cars on the road than there have ever been. Yet they still keep acting like its an epidemic.

sundee
20th December 2009, 02:45 PM
^ hmm agree.. its mainy from dick heads doing stupid crap.. like wank P plates compensating for their small wang with 4 mates in the car.. or pple trying to do long stints in the car and fatigue being the issue when they go head on with a semi on the Pacific hwy... sux but alot of this happens around christmas time, some people just dont think.. the type od speeding that kills ppl on the street is at rediculous speeds, not your average 10 - 20 kms over

keiichi
20th December 2009, 02:59 PM
good point there yoshi.

i would also like to add -

in 2007;
1,881 suicides were recorded.
1,616 persons were killed in 1,466 road crashes.
External causes attributed to 6,167 deaths. That includes such things as falling (1,190), event of undetermined intent (1,091), assault, surgical/medical procedure complications, and other general accidents and random stuff.

Road safety is a leading national problem supposedly yet mental health and well being etc isn't very important ofcourse.

A bit old but in 1998 about 19,000 people died attributable to smoking.

Think of the income the government makes from road fines and tobacco tax.

Anyway my point being I feel that they make road safety seem alot worse then it actually is so they can justify more control and revenue.

keiichi
20th December 2009, 03:02 PM
^ hmm agree.. its mainy from dick heads doing stupid crap.. like wank P plates compensating for their small wang with 4 mates in the car.. or pple trying to do long stints in the car and fatigue being the issue when they go head on with a semi on the Pacific hwy... sux but alot of this happens around christmas time, some people just dont think.. the type od speeding that kills ppl on the street is at rediculous speeds, not your average 10 - 20 kms over

think of that next time they tell you your car is dangerous because its lowered and the front wheels look bent because of camber. i mean seriously, you could kill someone at any moment like that, the wheel could come off down the highway or you could hit a bump, bottom out and explode.

sundee
20th December 2009, 05:24 PM
^^ haha or it could get stuck in the wheel well... eva hear that one? pllleeeaaasssssse!
agree also with your previous post.. imagine if their were adds on TV reflecting mental health an well being issues in this country in the same ratio as they slap safe driving adds on TV... i dont think i would ever get to watch home n away

driftke70
20th December 2009, 05:39 PM
where would each state get their 500 mil + yearly income.

Mr Awsome
21st December 2009, 11:01 PM
selling crack to school kids...seems logical they will do anything else to make money.

Phife
9th January 2010, 12:16 PM
This email has been doing the rounds since 1999.