toyoda
18th December 2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.cluboutrun.net/?p=578#more-578

we asked some ladys and this is what they had to say

reg luke fink (cluboutrun)

blair
18th December 2009, 07:38 PM
my woman hates it.

only because she puts it in the same league as hooning/dangerous commodore driving.

R&D Mechanical
18th December 2009, 08:02 PM
Mine loves the skids lol

took awhile to get used to it but she minds it now

toyoda
18th December 2009, 08:20 PM
what you guys think of the article?

shift_rook
18th December 2009, 08:23 PM
loved it man, read the whole thing, my woman loves it when i get excited bout a new part coming in the mail, can't wait to scare her with the car

biggo
18th December 2009, 09:10 PM
where do i sign up for one?

shift_rook
18th December 2009, 09:17 PM
a missus?

biggo
18th December 2009, 09:29 PM
yair i need one who can cook up a nice mix or 102 octane race fuel

fantapants
18th December 2009, 09:36 PM
my wife gets the shits that my girlfriend even HAS opinions :)

good article man. At least the driving is something that can be a little more togetherish than the bikes :)

keiichi
18th December 2009, 09:55 PM
my wife gets the shits that my girlfriend even HAS opinions :)

lol what, am i reading that right?

biggo
18th December 2009, 09:55 PM
talk about being tempermental!

Chaos Theory
18th December 2009, 10:19 PM
my missus will soon be putting a BEAMS and coil overs in her RA40 Coupe.

R&D Mechanical
18th December 2009, 10:23 PM
good article mate :) i like hearing what the girls think, should con them into getting started

fantapants
18th December 2009, 11:20 PM
lol what, am i reading that right?

if only :P

sundee
18th December 2009, 11:28 PM
my wife loves it... she loves to see me working toward something and showing her what im up to.. she loves going to events, she gets all excited and packs us up a feed for the day, in the end if a chick hates what you do and you love it.. then she is the weakest link!

Article was good... will be more like that once drift in this country gets moving again...
should be good

driftke70
19th December 2009, 11:52 AM
my missus loves it, encourages me, brings me beers when i work on it, ect.

Chaos Theory
19th December 2009, 11:57 AM
good article

my old gf got bored watching it and didnt like being in the car when doing it... fail

and that's why she is your old gf.

Skid_KE70
19th December 2009, 12:31 PM
will be more like that once drift in this country gets moving again...
should be good

surely drift in this country is moving and growing heeps... its getting heeps bigger in tassie now

marvis
19th December 2009, 12:37 PM
Loves it, but complains when I do it on the street, unless it's in the middle of nowhere.

marvis
19th December 2009, 12:41 PM
Bit offtopic, but related..

But what pisses me off about some girls in drifting, and pisses my GF off something chronic, is posers.

OH MA GAWD I GOTZ A r33 SKYWINE! IT'S PINK AND SICK! SPONNO ME NOT BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF TALLENT, BUT BECAUSE I HAS BOOBZ. OMGZ BOYZ LOOK AT ME!

Cool article btw.

R&D Mechanical
19th December 2009, 02:16 PM
lol, i hate it they always say 'you spend all your fucking money on the car, what about me?'

anyone got a good comeback to that?

sundee
19th December 2009, 03:53 PM
haha thats y my one of my GF's dumped me.. i just looked at her and said.. whateva.. cya

NathanKe70
19th December 2009, 05:15 PM
lol, i hate it they always say 'you spend all your fucking money on the car, what about me?'

shut up, wheres my dinner?

blair
19th December 2009, 05:21 PM
Loves it, but complains when I do it on the street, unless it's in the middle of nowhere.

STREET DRIFTING IS BANNED

lol.

Chaos Theory
19th December 2009, 07:10 PM

yeah

"im not a fucking ATM bitch, i only spend my money on what i love. hookers are not a love of mine"

driftke70
19th December 2009, 09:07 PM
just say if you gave me the excitement my car does id probably pay you.

also i say if i wasnt spending it on my car id be spending it on something else, which wouldnt make me who i am, which means you probably wouldnt be with me in the first place.

{A}ndy
19th December 2009, 10:12 PM
just say if you gave me the excitement my car does id probably pay you.

also i say if i wasnt spending it on my car id be spending it on something else, which wouldnt make me who i am, which means you probably wouldnt be with me in the first place.

Thats a good one.. i might use it haha. =D Well said.

Juturna
20th December 2009, 09:26 AM
punch her in the gut, no marks.

lolwat
20th December 2009, 05:03 PM
Single:d

marvis
20th December 2009, 05:53 PM

Get rid of that one?

R&D Mechanical
20th December 2009, 06:08 PM
she used to say that but i found you just ignore it and then they know the car is number 1 and live on with life,

its a win win for me :D

Eddy
20th December 2009, 07:45 PM
mine loves it, gets a bit board sometimes sitting out at mallala,
hi 5s a good link and enjoys the rush too

spiderman
21st December 2009, 04:10 PM
She said car or me, I said car
:D
She also said my rims were shit (which they are lol) and that I should get some fulli sik chromies so that my car would look hektik. Fucking spaz. 'sif I'd spend enough monies to buy a new set of equips on chrome shit.

Jdm-Mcc
21st December 2009, 05:32 PM
She said car or me, I said car
:D
She also said my rims were shit (which they are lol) and that I should get some fulli sik chromies so that my car would look hektik. Fucking spaz. 'sif I'd spend enough monies to buy a new set of equips on chrome shit.

Not to mention double the total weight of your car.

Jacobxxx
21st December 2009, 07:18 PM
hates it when i ditch plans with her to go do skids with my friends. haha

i know one member on here who spent his missus' christmas present money on his car

one word

http://www.petinfotalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/doghouse600.jpg

Figgy
21st December 2009, 07:52 PM
The last girl I was seeing for a while freaked out when I broke 50km's in the hills. Right there I knew it wasn't going to work. Next day I broke it off!

markKE70
21st December 2009, 09:51 PM
mine knows the car comes first haha just accepts it definatly a keeper :P

Course_Out
22nd December 2009, 11:29 AM
When I first met my mrs she was worried that everyone who was "into cars" were the twats that put chromies on their excels and cut laps with the subs up.

When she saw my cars and realised I raced (legally) she was cool with it - only rules are that we have money for rent, food and saving to buy a place, and don't get booked or killed.

If your mrs doesn't like what you do that's fine, I mean, I don't enjoy walking around looking at shoes like my mrs does, life is compromise, but if she basically says "me or the car" then you probably should show her the door.

spiderman
22nd December 2009, 11:41 AM
Not to mention double the total weight of your car.
True :D
Chromies do the impossible. They make bogan taxi's look even shittier.

timmeh12
22nd December 2009, 12:35 PM
when i first met the missus she saw my car and knew what it was and what people do with them(ke70)....that was pretty cool haha

daily_driven_death_sled
22nd December 2009, 12:58 PM
i was seeing this chick and we tore up a new estate together and she loved it

and then stacked her astra the next day lmfao

true story

sundee
22nd December 2009, 03:20 PM
hahahah

Jdm-Mcc
22nd December 2009, 03:38 PM
Daily driven death sled, you win haha

Beau
22nd December 2009, 05:42 PM
i don't ask for their thoughts.

wntdae86
22nd December 2009, 06:32 PM
fuckin love it

gotta to find a new one tho

Joshie_Mcslide
22nd December 2009, 07:02 PM
She loves it....It's her car....LOL!

marvis
22nd December 2009, 08:07 PM
i don't ask for their thoughts.
WIN!

hates it when i ditch plans with her to go do skids with my friends. haha

i know one member on here who spent his missus' christmas present money on his car

one word

http://www.petinfotalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/doghouse600.jpg

Oh HAI.

Dom86
22nd December 2009, 08:37 PM
Love the signature Beau.
True Dat!!

Beau
22nd December 2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks brother! Im sure the pussies will be after me with pitchforks anytime now!

drift kid
23rd December 2009, 12:39 AM
My missus hates me doing it, says thats she dusnt understand why i risk my life for a few seconds of fun, i love it and i know that drift will allways be a part of my life as well as her.

Tim.duncan
23rd December 2009, 02:05 AM
i dont drift... because i cant. But my wife is very understanding when it comes to my car. she is not out there spinning the spanners with me but she dosent ever tell me to stop doing what i love. Some times i get kicked out to the shed which is always a good thing. the last few years she has taken me out to mallala for my birthday to watch the drift australia rounds, she likes to sit at the esses because its quieter, ha ha when she gets board she just whips out her book and reads that.

first time i slid the 86 out of an intersection she slapped me in the head because she was freaking out ha ha.

at the end of the day if your spending all you money and time on a car and dont make time to show the missus she is special.... maybe you dont deserve a girl friend

Clinton
23rd December 2009, 02:33 AM
My mum doesn't like me doing it on the street.

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd December 2009, 07:01 AM

be carefull then....ya might get grounded!

Beau
23rd December 2009, 07:21 AM
My missus hates me doing it, says thats she dusnt understand why i risk my life for a few seconds of fun, i love it and i know that drift will allways be a part of my life as well as her.

Im sorry man but arent you like 17?

You should be slaying everything that moves! Including girls!

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd December 2009, 08:54 AM
LOL...hahahahaha

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd December 2009, 09:04 AM
I thought that too....risking a quarter pannel,or rims maybe.....
cant say i've ever felt i've put mine or anyone elses life at risk.......although I have scared a few on coming cars before,lol.

marvis
23rd December 2009, 09:54 AM
Girlfriend hates it when I work on the car when shes not at work, don't know how she is going to be when I get a job.

She loves 80's toyotas, knows about wheels and offset, knows what a shit car is, knows most cars and helps me when I work on mine.

risking your life is a big call

Maybe he can't steer? :P

HAHA, My mum has gone for a ride in mine. Shat herself.

Robo86
23rd December 2009, 10:14 AM
what's the definition of drifting?

timmeh12
23rd December 2009, 10:22 AM
Im sorry man but arent you like 17?

You should be slaying everything that moves! Including girls!

haha sig worthy

drift kid
23rd December 2009, 12:14 PM
lol, yeah im 17, and yeah i dont see how im risking my life doing what i do, no where near it if you ask me, a chance of writing the poor hachi off, but i feel my skills have improved enough to handle what i do art this point in time, i have learned the hard way what being a dick does and ive controlled my driving, i am beginning to slide much smoother and hold them longer, i just fail to see how i am risking my life, but try telling that to her.

Beau
23rd December 2009, 12:45 PM
Give me 5 minutes with her.

Clinton
23rd December 2009, 01:20 PM
Give me 30 seconds with her.

benzo
23rd December 2009, 04:53 PM
lol drift kid you drift with open wheeler and stock suspension?

drift kid
23rd December 2009, 06:00 PM
^^ wat do you mean by open wheeler?

and its not stock:
upgraded ajustable front sway bar stiffens it up heaps so very little body roll and the sigma LCA's give me great camber for grip whist drifting, i know the stock springs arent the best but i can still slide it very nicely :d

MeZ Prod
23rd December 2009, 06:12 PM
lock the diffffff yooooooo

Beau
23rd December 2009, 06:24 PM
lock the diffffff yooooooo

With your GF's panties!

spiderman
23rd December 2009, 11:34 PM
My sister tells me I suck. Which is true :P

Victim
24th December 2009, 01:17 AM
With your GF's panties!

hands down win.

R&D Mechanical
24th December 2009, 04:40 AM
I showed my gf my skids and she said 'you sick fuck thats disgusting!' and i looked down into the toilet and thought they were quite good?

lolwat
24th December 2009, 10:59 AM
I showed my gf my skids and she said 'you sick fuck thats disgusting!' and i looked down into the toilet and thought they were quite good?
hahahahhahah thats tops:thumbup:

ke55pig
24th December 2009, 11:55 AM
missus despises it she hates me going to the drift hates me spending money on my car and hates it wen i work on my car wen shes home cause shes more important ffsd grrr 9 mouths still doesnt get the fact the car and here are equal

sundee
24th December 2009, 04:21 PM
lol drift kid you drift with open wheeler and stock suspension?

thats asking to hit a guard rail!

R&D Mechanical
24th December 2009, 05:11 PM
or hurt an family bla bla bla

corknose
24th December 2009, 07:12 PM
he probs spinns the inside wheel (looks at passenger) OMG MAN THAT WAS THE BIGGEST DRIFT EVER!!!11!11!

FAST EDDIE
24th December 2009, 10:01 PM
i read the article those women r crazy!!!! my missus doesnt mind coming to the track and likes it when i do well but realy doesnt like it when i do shit or break something. she has a s13 sr20 street car and is driving my ke70 in driftschool next year so she must like it a bit, even tho she denies it!!

greeneyes
25th December 2009, 10:29 AM
hmmm... I must be missing something...

I drift with stock suspension & open diff, but only when it rains! Funny thing is, this morning it rained lightly and 20minute ago I said to the daughter "Do we need to go anywhere in the car" and she just laughed...

Personally I think most drifters are pussies, I'd take their handbrakes out and say "go do it now!"

You need to go into that corner so fast that you don't have the traction to get around it without sliding, but that's what gravel rallying does to you!

pogi
25th December 2009, 11:58 AM
lol, yeah im 17, and yeah i dont see how im risking my life doing what i do, no where near it if you ask me, a chance of writing the poor hachi off, but i feel my skills have improved enough to handle what i do art this point in time, i have learned the hard way what being a dick does and ive controlled my driving, i am beginning to slide much smoother and hold them longer, i just fail to see how i am risking my life, but try telling that to her.

yer u got like stock diff and stock shocks n springs? lol think a few people already caught you out

Beau
25th December 2009, 01:00 PM
Personally I think most drifters are pussies, I'd take their handbrakes out and say "go do it now!"

You need to go into that corner so fast that you don't have the traction to get around it without sliding, but that's what gravel rallying does to you!

Oh lawrd! Thats called overdriving not drifting. Do you drive a Camaro? hehe

Evocom
27th December 2009, 01:56 AM
hmmm... I must be missing something...

I drift with stock suspension & open diff, but only when it rains! Funny thing is, this morning it rained lightly and 20minute ago I said to the daughter "Do we need to go anywhere in the car" and she just laughed...

I must be missing what you are trying to say.... Is it that rally drivers dont use handbrakes? i think not. I believe on dirt it is similar to drift but slightly different due to the idea of a scando being that the car will wash off more speed sliding sideways on the gravel than in a straight line and once you come out of that position it is only natural to slide the corner. Although i may be wrong.
On the topic my partner loves the drifts. she is starting to understand the judging criteria and enjoys coming out with me to practice sessions. Even helps me carry tires and rims to get changed:)). How lucky am I?

greeneyes
27th December 2009, 02:38 PM
No, you put a rally car sideways (well, an old RWD datto anyway!) because you don't know how tight the corner is and once you're sliding you have control of both ends.

We never had pace notes in the good ol days! We would only use a handbrake in a reverse fork situation where it really is tight and slow.

Another little-appreciated facet is that once the car slides into the corner sideways the driver is now looking (and concentrating) AROUND the corner. If you arrive with too much speed and brake so you lock the fronts, the car understeers & goes straight, and all the driver does is concentrate on the upcoming edge of the road and how to stop.

I reckon most cars that run off the road forwards would have got around the corner if the driver lifted off the brakes!

You are right in that it scrubs speed off quicker when sliding, and it may give you the chance to spin it rather than slide off.

DR86TY
27th December 2009, 03:05 PM
my car is my missus, and she loves sliding out on the track so its a win win situation for me :)

ATESIX
28th December 2009, 08:26 PM
my missus loves the 86 and car scene, another car fanatic she is. she actually motivates and encourages me to finish off my project not only that but she actually helps me fix/mod, gives tips and sands down the car etc lol.

i taught her a few things she doesn't know like engine etc but sometimes she can outsmart me :shocked:

ae8zn6
28th December 2009, 10:18 PM
haha, my missus thinks both my cars are buckets of shite, lol

She used to love cars when we were first seeing each other, then she put her celica on its roof in the rain in the hills... now not so much,

given that I wouldn't slide a car with her in it and she gets a little nervious when im out on the track (well that and her having watched plenty of people roll at barbs) but she comes along and is happy as long as im "careful"

Gunner
30th December 2009, 09:15 AM
my ex hated it when we used to drift, she didnt like having to row back up the river to do it all again

marvis
30th December 2009, 11:10 AM
I have never had a Girlfriend that didn't like it, or the cars I was interested in.

lolwat
2nd January 2010, 01:38 PM
risking your life is a big call
sit in the passenger seat then despite, it being a 4ac, stock diff, hits corners pretty quick

(and TBH the "risking your life" thing is missus words not his)

drift kid
2nd January 2010, 04:41 PM
what, do i scare big ol' tanka? :P

lolwat
2nd January 2010, 05:23 PM
what, do i scare big ol' tanka? :P
NO:shout::DD

corknose
2nd January 2010, 05:49 PM
sit in the passenger seat then despite, it being a 4ac, stock diff, hits corners pretty quick

(and TBH the "risking your life" thing is missus words not his)

ur not going quick.

Drew
24th March 2010, 09:16 PM
guys i got my gf to help me pull my engine out on valentines day. she wasnt happy about the photos
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/0/8/40336.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/0/8/40337.jpg

evil86
24th March 2010, 10:26 PM
nice... 4age in you car now drew? need lsd!!/locker!!!!!!!!

Low Style
25th March 2010, 10:30 AM
My missus tells me to work on my car haha and lets me know when decent things are up for sale and if she has seen a ae86 or ke70!

I have taken her out before and she was scared but she has been in my mates 400hp SR20 ae86 and Simon Mercer's 1j celica and loves it.

stx-16
25th March 2010, 11:19 AM
my girlfriend is trying to drift lol but hates being in the car when i go sliding

Jacobxxx
25th March 2010, 01:34 PM
welded her diff yet? hahah

rolledup
25th March 2010, 03:49 PM
My ex girlfriend loves it. We still hang out and if i dont invite her to the drifts shes gets shitty.
Funny when she knows more stuff about cars then some of my mates. Makes them feel reall shit ahah

rolledup
25th March 2010, 03:50 PM
guys i got my gf to help me pull my engine out on valentines day. she wasnt happy about the photos
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/0/8/40336.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/9/0/8/40337.jpg

Winner

spiderman
27th March 2010, 01:34 AM
I haven't had a gf since my ex ripped the jesus handle out of the roof whilst on a hills run, then decided to drive her '85 barina into my verandah, after backing into my nan's N13 and running over my dog.

rolledup
28th March 2010, 02:34 AM
I haven't had a gf since my ex ripped the jesus handle out of the roof whilst on a hills run, then decided to drive her '85 barina into my verandah, after backing into my nan's N13 and running over my dog.

sounds like its a good thing your not with her.

stx-16
30th March 2010, 11:27 AM
i think that calls for a cunt punt

marvis
30th March 2010, 12:48 PM
My girl friend says I am homo drifting my KEI car and I need to get a RWD car again.

She holds the torch and passes me wheels etc when changing tires.

Loves it.

70XIN
30th March 2010, 12:56 PM
my girlfriend actually does the drifting, i'm the skirt on the sideline

win -_-

Jacobxxx
30th March 2010, 01:54 PM
^ haha fuck

marvis
30th March 2010, 04:57 PM
I did passenger runs with her and she was dirt dropping.

So much win.

doots
30th March 2010, 09:46 PM
never had a missus who likes it. never even had a missus trust my driving even when ive shown them what i can do in a nice open area. only ever had 1 missus whose supported anything i did so maybe im doing something wrong?
or maybe cars take all my money and i neglect them?

FAST EDDIE
31st March 2010, 07:43 PM
thats it lol but cars give so much back!!!!

spiderman
1st April 2010, 01:18 PM
I said "you're annoying, plus you killed my dog and damaged my house. fuck off."
New GF hates it, tells me I'm a spaz for even thinking about driving more spiritedly than my grandma

marvis
1st April 2010, 02:42 PM
I don't think I could have a girlfriend who didn't approve or like good cars as it's a huge part of my life.

Gotcarbs
3rd April 2010, 12:17 PM
They are all just a pain in the arse!

livea
5th April 2010, 01:15 PM
My ex girlfriend loves it. We still hang out and if i dont invite her to the drifts shes gets shitty.
Funny when she knows more stuff about cars then some of my mates. Makes them feel reall shit ahah

hey that's me :)

MarmO.
21st November 2010, 09:23 AM
never really been drifting much with the mrs, as i only just got a car that could drift properly, though corneri used to have fun with her when i used to have my e32 750il, big barge v12 bmw, used to see how sideways and how many corners i could link in the wet, was really smooth cause it was so long, was quite fun but she hated it, she actually put in money to buy my ae86 but as she knew how much i wanted one but one condition i had to sell one or some of my other cars ( have 4 atm).
she doesnt really want me to do it on the street either as i used to get dicked alot for street racing/hooning in my vlt, so track days it is.

PRIMRK
22nd November 2010, 11:51 PM
My misses will flat out insult sik VL/chromie show car owners, some of the guys at autosalone looked like they where about to deck her the amount of shit she was hanging on them, and thats why i love her.

I cant drift yet but when i finish building my track car ill be out there, she wants to learn too and also wants to use my 86...i told her to get her own car...

Rastaracer
23rd November 2010, 06:30 AM
The wife didn't like it at all, until one day she saw pics and vids of me drfiting, and there was another chick in the passenger seat. Now she makes damned sure that she's the only pussy that sits in the passenger seat, and even pays for event entrance fees for me.

myke90
23rd November 2010, 11:37 AM
The ex loved drifting but hated me working on/fixing my cars. those kind of go hand in hand - needless to say it didn't work out. Cars win again!

MarmO.
4th December 2010, 10:17 PM
ahahah yeh i hate most vl's,
mines just a stock looking think, all white calais, no visable cooler with just polished calais wheels all round and mickythompson et street semi slicks on the back, all the magic happens under the bonne but, 2speed powerglide 1050hp split pulse turbo twin 38mm wastegates, 4" stainless exhuast with two mufflers and nitrous lol its not in my good books atm lol, aiming for 500rwkw/high 8sec pass once i get it all sorted