PDA

View Full Version : new vicdrift rules???

Nic19
21st December 2009, 09:29 PM
hey guys i heard next year for events u cant have an external wastegate with screamer?? is this true??

.ady
21st December 2009, 10:13 PM
yes there will be a rule involving straight pipes external gates and screamers. looks to be banned or it needs to be at a decent decibel on track. wait till next year to hear new news from vicdrift.

DRFTR86
22nd December 2009, 10:17 AM
i think any part of the exhaust, whether it be the exhaust system and/or screamer must have some sort of spark arrester/muffler/resonator, but even after saying that, i also think they are going to enforce that all exhuast must exit after the cabin, in a 86, that would be out the back, no screamers out under the side

Delazy
22nd December 2009, 10:18 AM
Lol, is it due to winton? ASAA? Or vicdrift entirely?

Makes it hard for interstate drivers...most wont take the effort and just wont enter

Nic19
22nd December 2009, 11:44 AM
Seriously tho whose gonna go to all that trouble of re doing thier wastegate setups. Is it just the decibels or spark arrestor issue?? I don't think my screamer is that loud tho. Just undo the wastegate lol.

DRFTR86
22nd December 2009, 12:00 PM
its the gate flame on dry winton grass in 35 + degrees issue, its a AASA enforcement, and as much as it may suck, atleast we dont have to deal with cams yet, because hardly any of our cars will meet there standards. turbo cars are not that loud and not hard to get quiet, works510 has it right, sucks to be a na circuit car from now on

Nic19
22nd December 2009, 02:50 PM
I would rather it to be cams that way we would all have cars that are setup for most interstate events! So does it mean I have to plumb my screamer back into the exhaust??

DRFTR86
22nd December 2009, 03:38 PM
just found out that at members day it was confirmed, ex gates and screamers are allowed, only exhaust systems must have 1 spark arrestor/cat/muffler/res, nic19, scream it up

Nic19
22nd December 2009, 04:02 PM
SHWEEEEEET. so i dont have to mod anything. was gonna say whose gonna be full boost on the grass lol. thats the only time i could see a screamer being a problem.

matt99
23rd December 2009, 05:53 PM
all vic racetracks are enforcing it for 2010, needs to be under 75dB from a certain distance away, ..

Pretty sure it will be 95dB at 30m. Thats a pretty common measurment I think.

Water Boy
24th December 2009, 06:37 PM
Full noise race meet is 95dB
Sprint/Track Day/Hill Climb 75dB