PDA

View Full Version : Adelaide Group Buy - T3 Camber Tops

KKUSTOM
29th December 2009, 09:38 PM
Svenmate and I are interested to buy T3 camber tops from Spirited Drive, would anyone else in Adelaide like to buy some along with us so we can all get them a little cheaper.

Let us know via post or PM me:thumbup:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=13344

Konakid
29th December 2009, 10:04 PM
Get some with a proper shank nut in the top like tein or cusco :)

Chaos Theory
29th December 2009, 10:13 PM
you will find it will probably be cheaper to cut out the middle man and buy direct from T3, it only takes about a week to get stuff from them anyway.

also +1 to what konakid said, cusco or tein is where its at. T3 cambertops are weak, their other products are meant to be pretty good though.

Touge Boy
29th December 2009, 10:43 PM
Just Cambertops? Or could we get some other stuff sent at the same time?

Javal
30th December 2009, 01:13 AM
also +1 to what konakid said, cusco or tein is where its at.

This.

T3 cambertops are weak, their other products are meant to be pretty good though.

Not so much this.

you will find it will probably be cheaper to cut out the middle man and buy direct from T3, it only takes about a week to get stuff from them anyway.

If you do decide to fail, this is the probably the cheapest way to fail.

buddyparts
30th December 2009, 08:49 AM
how much are the t3 camber tops i have never seen them or used them so not sure on quality.
I can get cusco fairly cheap if you want

Javal
30th December 2009, 09:22 AM
I was about to suggest that there are more than a few Adelaide based shops that can probably do a comparable price for a superior product.

svenmate
30th December 2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Not too many reviews on these products so its good to hear what people think of them.

$240 + $15 for postage is a pretty sweet price for new cambertops. But I guess you do get what you pay for.

KKUSTOM
30th December 2009, 07:10 PM
thanks for the feedback fellow members i will go for a little shop around town and see what is out there.

Chaos Theory
30th December 2009, 07:23 PM
the t3 are $200 from their site.

the postage would probably put them up to $220-230.

R&D Mechanical
1st January 2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldnt bother, the bolts break so easy just tigning by hand i broke 2 studs! WTF!!

may aswell save a few more pennys and get some better quilty ones like cusco which also have metric bolts and nuts! And im sure they also fuck out on top sping seat

I do not recomend these at all, yes they are cheep but do you want to but your lifes at stake with shit parts?

just think about it please

James86
1st January 2010, 08:00 PM
I wouldnt bother, the bolts break so easy just tigning by hand i broke 2 studs! WTF!!

may aswell save a few more pennys and get some better quilty ones like cusco which also have metric bolts and nuts! And im sure they also fuck out on top sping seat

I do not recomend these at all, yes they are cheep but do you want to but your lifes at stake with shit parts?

yes, it's atleast a $50 saving. worth it :P

sundee
14th January 2010, 01:51 AM
Thought i could just clear some stuff up

Get some with a proper shank nut in the top like tein or cusco :)

The T3 camber plates do not require the shank nut that cusco etc use.
the bearing fits perfectly over the top of the insert.

The bolts are grade 5 - and they also have a sprung washer under the bolt so they shouldnt need to be tigntened so hard that they snap.

you also need to remember that the plates are aluminum which is alot softer then steel - so going to town tightening bolts is going to strip a thread or snap a bolt.

They are well made - and if installed properly, no one should have any issues.

R&D Mechanical
14th January 2010, 05:27 PM
i didnt do it tight at all? lol maybe they were the old type?

sundee
14th January 2010, 05:40 PM
i do admit that they had some issues with their products a fair while ago, but they have come to the game and really upped the quality off all their components. all their bearings are made in the US, not in china or taiwan etc. and the workmanship is 1st class.

If you guys have any questions about any product just ask.