PDA

View Full Version : Dry ice - where to get some

hachi_dk
30th December 2009, 10:48 PM
hi guys.
need some dry ice to remove the sound deadener in my 86.
anybody know where to get some in melbourne, preferably western suburbs?
cheers guys

nanes
31st December 2009, 12:34 AM
May be hard to get because of legal BS.. BUT I have heard of people getting it from BOC.

joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo
31st December 2009, 02:07 AM
i am a chef and i buy it from BOC in moorabbin....

no permits needed, just make sure you take an esky :)

hachi_dk
31st December 2009, 02:32 AM
cheers joey, ill keep in mind that your a chef :yeah:

.ady
31st December 2009, 02:44 AM
theres a place in broady forgot the name ill try get it for ya

*E7*
31st December 2009, 03:15 PM
supagas also have it. 137 872

freddo__1
5th January 2010, 02:16 PM
i got mine from supa gas, first time i went to get it forgot to bring anything, so ended up taking a scoop full home in a plastic bag! Lasts a little longer in an esky or similar.

I recommend some leather riggers gloves, or thick rubber gloves for handling it too.

It's pretty straightforward to get, all you have to do is ask for it!

matt99
5th January 2010, 04:24 PM
Out of interest, how much dry ice would you need to strip the sound deadner out of a car? Is it measuered in litres or Kilograms?

And whats it worth per unit?

freddo__1
7th January 2010, 09:09 AM
Supagas do it by the "scoop" at something like $8 a scoop. So the actual weight depends on how generous the person doing the scooping is...

I did about half my sprinter with one scoop, then on another day did the rest with another two scoops. That was the entire floor including boot area, and partly successful attempts at the front firewall. For some reason the front firewall has slightly different stuff on it which doesn't respond as well to the dry ice, and it's also very difficult to support the dry ice against a vertical surface! Most of the front firewall was done with a couple of scraping/prying devices.

hachi_dk
7th January 2010, 10:13 AM
^ i realized that too about the front firewall. havnt tried getting it off yet though, looks more "tar-ey"