View Full Version : Cams Licensing How?

31st December 2009, 05:44 PM
I have read the info on the CAMS site but its confusing

So who has a CAMS license and how do you go about getting one?

I want to compete in the SuperSprint series in NSW starting this year, i understand that i need the L2S license to compete but im not to sure on how to get to that point.

1st January 2010, 01:43 PM
Join a CAMs affiliated club, (theres a list on the CAMs site) try to choose one most suited to you, your car and your driving.

Then through them, get a CAMs form, or even download it off the CAMs site, fill it it and send it off with the required amount of money.

4th January 2010, 11:28 AM
As said above, getting a L2S licence to compete in sprints and hillclimbs is easy.

Join a club - if you have mates in a CAMS affiliated club all the better - then complete the application form and pays your money, and in a few weeks you will get a shiny new licence

Form can be found here


7th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Its as easy as these guys above have said!

However, if you have a health condition that may affect your driving you will need to provide a doctor's certificate saying that you are fit to race. I personally have diabetes and just have to get a letter from my specialist to say I won't pass out at the wheel more or less.

Epilepsy would probably be the other main one they'd worry about, I'm guessing you are fairly young so its unlikely you would have nay other health conditions theyd be concerned about.

8th January 2010, 06:31 PM
thanks silverra, that link is tops!

so i guess ill be joining the ARDC (http://www.ardc.com.au/) and go through them.
Anyone here a member to provide a reference? :))


8th January 2010, 06:45 PM
i am sure if you cant find a member you could send it in and they will take it anyways... clubs aren't generally in a position where they knock back members.

just as an aside.. the ardc will be one of the more expensive clubs around to join... but they do have extra benefits associated with running eastern creek i think. free passes to events etc.

8th January 2010, 08:00 PM
yeah im not to fussed about the cost and the added benifits of free entry to events and discounts off track hire sold it to me.
plus its the closest club and its located at a track big + in my book.

4th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Epilepsy would probably be the other main one they'd worry about,

But same thing, doctors report, its been that long since my last seizure now for me that they accept my GP's report. My experience is the guys at CAMS medical section bend over backwards to help, I have epilepsy and my son was on ritalin, got to know a lot of them.

Its been a while for me but somewhere in the back of my mind its saying for state level you may have to get your car logbooked and a circuit licence unless you are a member of the organising club. Happy to be told otherwise as I said its been a while and I've been through a few disciplines of the sport since then. Or join every organising club.